Ciro Ferrara (9 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hustini, you said people outside. That means people who dont support Juve.
No, that was your interpretation of it. Have a look at my edit section if you'd like as well.

Maybe when our champions decide they want to play for greener pastures, maybe then we should care?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
The problem with Blanc is that he doesn't know anything when it comes to football. His foorball experience literally started with juventus in summer of 2006. I don't know if he has ever played the game, or even watched it.
We were better off getting Michael Schumacher instead of Blanc, at least we all know he can play football.

Blanc/Gigli might be decent businessmen but they are no footballers or football managers. Its like asking an engineer to run a hospital. He might have taken one or two administration classes but he is not a hospital manager.

When IFIL appointed Gilgi/Blanc/Secco we were under the impression it would be a temporary situation until things get resolved. At the most till we get over the Serie B season and start earning Serie A money again. Their incompetence was felt in Serie B, let alone Serie A and the champions league. They couldn't renew a contract (besides Buffon's) without going through a big hustle. They even gave Del Piero and Nedved headaches although those two players were more than willing to do anything for the club. They gave Boumsong 2.5 million euro / season and similar money if not more to Poulsen and Tiago, while they negotiated a few hundreds of thousands with Del Piero and Nedved.
Between September 2006 and January 2010 (less than 3.5 years) we had 3 coaches: Deschamps, Ranieri and Ferrara. Very soon their will be a fourth one coming up. Mind you all three required termination of contract meaning even if they were taking 1 million dollars a year or less, their 3 years contract meant that they had to pay them to settle. For an example in Ranieri's case we had to pay more than 1 million dollars in settlement if I am not mistaken. Same thing happened with Deschamps and will happen with Ferrara. I am speculating >5 million dollars was wasted on coach settlements in the past 3 years. We are not the rich club we were 2006. Every penny wasted counts.

They have done their purpose to get us out of trouble, but I really say we need a complete remake of the whole management. I think they should formulate a new management around Bettega.

There is nothing wrong with getting a coach like Ferrara. They offered an ex-juve with zero coaching experience the position as a coach, then he should be treated as a young talent in football. Which mean, he should have his advisors to guide him through the way. He should be supported by the management and given whatever he needs, like what is happening in both Barcelona and AC Milan. With a management like ours, we needed a very experienced coach. Thats why during the Ranieri days that team was united for almost two years until he lost faith in the players and their capabilities. As soon as they appointed Ferrara an inexperienced coach their immaturity and lack of experience was mirrored to the players.

Sacking Ferrara might solve a very short term problem, but it won't solve the JUVE problem.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
The problem with Blanc is that he doesn't know anything when it comes to football. His foorball experience literally started with juventus in summer of 2006. I don't know if he has ever played the game, or even watched it.
We were better off getting Michael Schumacher instead of Blanc, at least we all know he can play football.

Blanc/Gigli might be decent businessmen but they are no footballers or football managers. Its like asking an engineer to run a hospital. He might have taken one or two administration classes but he is not a hospital manager.

When IFIL appointed Gilgi/Blanc/Secco we were under the impression it would be a temporary situation until things get resolved. At the most till we get over the Serie B season and start earning Serie A money again. Their incompetence was felt in Serie B, let alone Serie A and the champions league. They couldn't renew a contract (besides Buffon's) without going through a big hustle. They even gave Del Piero and Nedved headaches although those two players were more than willing to do anything for the club. They gave Boumsong 2.5 million euro / season and similar money if not more to Poulsen and Tiago, while they negotiated a few hundreds of thousands with Del Piero and Nedved.
Between September 2006 and January 2010 (less than 3.5 years) we had 3 coaches: Deschamps, Ranieri and Ferrara. Very soon their will be a fourth one coming up. Mind you all three required termination of contract meaning even if they were taking 1 million dollars a year or less, their 3 years contract meant that they had to pay them to settle. For an example in Ranieri's case we had to pay more than 1 million dollars in settlement if I am not mistaken. Same thing happened with Deschamps and will happen with Ferrara. I am speculating >5 million dollars was wasted on coach settlements in the past 3 years. We are not the rich club we were 2006. Every penny wasted counts.

They have done their purpose to get us out of trouble, but I really say we need a complete remake of the whole management. I think they should formulate a new management around Bettega.

There is nothing wrong with getting a coach like Ferrara. They offered an ex-juve with zero coaching experience the position as a coach, then he should be treated as a young talent in football. Which mean, he should have his advisors to guide him through the way. He should be supported by the management and given whatever he needs, like what is happening in both Barcelona and AC Milan. With a management like ours, we needed a very experienced coach. Thats why during the Ranieri days that team was united for almost two years until he lost faith in the players and their capabilities. As soon as they appointed Ferrara an inexperienced coach their immaturity and lack of experience was mirrored to the players.

Sacking Ferrara might solve a very short term problem, but it won't solve the JUVE problem.
If they are competent they will appoint a good manager instead of Ferrara (they had 4 years to learn damn football business).

But I accept only Guus as a good solution,you need the best for the best results.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
yeah. more KO's.

Hey guess what? Gazzetta gave a list of 50 names to choose from for our next coach just to help us out. How nice hey? In that list there's Carolina Morace's name. :sergio:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Good stuff ZAF...(don't know your real name :) )

I think our first order of business should get a new medical team. If we had a strong, fit team this year not many teams would have beaten us this year and our standings would have been completely different. Our captain missed half the season, Trez, IQ...our purest goal scorers have been out forever.

If Ciro had more of a selection to choose from obviously things wouldn't be in such a bad shape. He made some bad decisions with subs but then again he never really had that many to choose from. As inexperienced as he is, given the fact that his most EXPERIENCED players have been hurt off and on all season has made it so difficult for him to grow and learn.

We need a new medical team first and foremost because I don't care what coach we bring, I don't know many that would be able to consistently and effectively be able to manage a strong starting 11 with what we have had available throughout this season and last.

We are on our 43rd or 44th injury this year already. We have 24 players from the beginning of the season, of which play, and that comes to almost 2 injuries per person so far...and that is just halfway through the season. At this rate, every player will have been injured a minimum of 4 times in one season...that is an incredible fucking number anyway you look at it. Every player on our team....will have been injured 4 times this season (not sick, food poisoning but legitimately injured). Good luck coaching a team like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)