Ciro Ferrara (5 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
He's won the league with Lazio and knows italian football well.

He's a good manager who's available , he's better than our current and has some sort of achievements.
As if italian football is a mystery. Any great coach from abroad can do a pretty decent job in serie A nowadays.

As for Erikson i don't like the way he's teams play (Dull, one dimentional football). Bit similar to Ranieri but with a better CV, no thanks......

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
My loyalty to the club would be sorely tested if they grabbed Benitez...he is my most despised manager in the game. And I know of no other, in charge of a top flight team in any decent league, who has consistently spent 10s of millions on very mediocre players. Yes he has Torres and Alonso was pure quality, but he has spent more than they are worth on SHIT.

Also, the way he conducts himself is arrogant and irritating. Regularly fuming over innocuous matters.

In short, I see him as scum. Always have done since he first came to Liverpool.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
THANK YOU weedguru, I thought I was alone in that around here.

And its easier to say now when his Pool is awful, but I havent been able to stand him as a coach for a decade, since his first Valencia tenure, to wether winning CL or not, he is just everything I dont want a coach to be like (thats for footballing reason, not personality, there's a few more dislikeable characters).

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Melo wasn't ferrara's first choice pick it was rather D'Agostino. As for Grosso yes he did pick him up but show me a better fullback available out there that would cost around 2-3 mil euros ? He had no other choice, he either buys Grosso or play molinaro :andyandbarcelona:

True that, no one is saying that Ferrara shouldn't share part of the blame here.

Ranieri did not ask for neither of those two He said that in an intreview. I never liked Ranieri but the man deserves a credit for the sissoko buy. Secco is to blame for 90% for all the wastefull-average players that this club have brought in the past 3 seasons as simple as that....
But why he opt to buy Melo after we fail to meet Udinese demands for D'Ago? I don't know who decide this but i think Secco and Ferrara share the responsibility. In case buying Grosso, we can also keep Criscito and negotiate with Genoa not to exercise their option to buy other half. And we still have the half ownership of Criscito like Genoa, we can negotiate that he play with us. I think it just stupid that we get 5.5 m to sell half of Criscito and buy Grosso for 3 mill, it wasteful.

About Ranieri and Tiago,Almiron, if that really true, our management must be stupid because the one who know better about football must be the coach and they buy players without coach agreement, so stupid

Mar 24, 2006

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I thought the sub wasn't all too bad myself. We absolutely needed to do something to stabilize midfield, but he should have played Camoranesi-Poulsen-Melo-Marchisio in a straight 4-4-2 and let Diego take over DP's spot in attack next to Trez (or call it a 4-4-1-1 if that makes you feel better). Instead from what I gathered he opted for some awkward formation with Diego on the left and Trez isolated up front.
Well plans are not perfectly set in stone. The formation was 4-4-1-1 but there was not space in the middle with Van Bommel and Schweinstiger leaving no space to move. Drifting to the left was the only solution with lahm pushing up. It was just a ripple effect because of our lack of structure.

Anyway, I wouldn't sack Ciro. I don't really see the benefit of doing that now, we still have the large chunk of the season left and if we get another coach it relieves the players from the responsibility which is even worse. Once we do that the team will lose its personality even further ( if it has one now).

He is an inexperienced manager that wasn't brought in for instant one season success, we have to think of that before making any decisions. We all had high expectations because of the signings and all but it would've been difficult to gain significant silverware instantly.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Let's just all admit that Melo's transfer made each of you damn happy and proud of Secco and Ferrara, Melo gave very solid performances with both Brazil and Viola, so what makes him suck so badly at Juve? he's either not playing in his position or the coach doesn't know what he's doing
and same goes with Diego exactly

I love Ciro non the less, but If I was a Juve legend and I was ruining it's history then I'll just leave in respect to the club and supporters

If they're waiting for Lippi or Trappattoni then I'll just wait and take the pain until the end of the season, if they're looking for a quick fix and future, there's only one name; Guus Hiddink
personally I wish Prandelli comes sooner or later, but he wouldn't leave Viola so easily

But please PLEASE not Benitez nor Mancini :S we're SO DAMN MUCH like Pre-calciopoli's Inter.. why don't we just hire Tardelli or Donadoni then if it has to be some loser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)