Ciro Ferrara (13 Viewers)

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Didn't he shhhh Mourinho when he was leaving the field after the red card?
No, he was telling people from his own bench to be quiet. They were probably talking shit when Mourinho was walking off.

Or draw, I don't care as long as we qualify for the next round. We will have plenty of time to find a working system and build some form before the round of 16
And hopefully Real win their group, so we could have a chance to face them. :xfinger:

DP always has his way with them. :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
A big fuck you to everyone who keeps doubting Ciro.

Got it absolutely right tonight.
You can praise him after this game and then mock him after we lost in other match. I don't think people here doubt Ferrara because he can't give us a win. We doubt him because the way we play in several matches and we can't wait Ferrara make changes and improve us from last season (title of course)..

Also in this game we played with our spirit. We still clueless when attack. You can see how many times our players can exchange passes in opponent's half. Our player seem afraid to do it. There is no through ball play, one-two pass that create a lot of chance and the best thing we can do is just move up on the wing but still can't give a pass to our player in the box. There is very little run to the box. You can count the chance we create in this match. Even when Inter use super attack formation we still can't make a dangerous counter attack. I don't know whether it because we just use 2 creative players (Diego, DP) or inability of Amauri open up the space and hold the ball for our team.

The positive is our midfield is very solid in defense with Melo, Momo, and Marchisio as 3 man midfield. Even when Poulsen came in and Melo sent off

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Ferrara has coached 17 games in his short Serie A career thus far; 11 wins (one of those games in his first Derby), 3 draws and 3 losses. In these 17 games, we’ve scored 33 goals and conceded 16. While the defensive aspect is not so good, the offensive stat is pretty decent; that’s just under 2 goals a game.

In my opinion, for a new coach in his first job (and a high pressure one at that) this is a very admirable record. While expectations were higher after signings and all the talk during pre-season, actual games have brought us back to reality.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it's not about the W/L record, it's about the performance of the team...we still have absolutely no idea how we are supposed to play, and have become wildly inconsistent as well...yesterday Ciro got to play arguably his strongest lineup, and produced a great victory, so let's hope things keep getting better and better

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
The tactics we are using now are SOOOO different than out previous 4-4-2 which we have played over the years. Plus there is the garbage from previous years like Grygera, Molinaro, Tiago and Poulsen that are still weighing us down.

I just hope injuries don't come at critical times.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
honestly, I don't see any difference at all, it's like the 4-4-2 of Ranieri all over again...

CBs dink the ball around, eventually the ball ends up with Grosso who makes slow and painful progress down the left flank, only to be be completely blocked and he knocks the ball off the opposing defenders for a corner...that is basically what happens most times we look to go forward

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The tactics we are using now are SOOOO different than out previous 4-4-2 which we have played over the years. Plus there is the garbage from previous years like Grygera, Molinaro, Tiago and Poulsen that are still weighing us down.

I just hope injuries don't come at critical times.
Seriously now, how can you still call Poulsen garbage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)