Ciro Ferrara (8 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It's great to see a true Juventus warrior like Ciro get this pleasure, and owning Interisti and specially that freak Mourinho at home :touched:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Seriously now, how can you still call Poulsen garbage?
I wouldn't keep him now just because of 2/3 games that he played good. The team needs consistent players, and I'd rather sell him for a good price.
I can understand when somebody calls Tiago garbage. Poulsen was brought in as a backup and he did reasonably well until he got injured in his first season. He has done well this season as well considering he isn't a starter. On top of that, this guy always goes back to training and gives his best, never cribs (if he has, I haven't seen it) or locks someone in the toilet. The only reason people hate him is because he isn't Xabi Alonso.

About consistent players, who has been consistent this season? Melo? Diego? Grosso? Why don't we sell them all for a good price?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You guys remember Ranieri's win over Real Madrid last year and what that did to him? He was almost going to get fired but survived a longer time by beating Real. This feels exactly the same way. Let's see if Ciro takes us through in the Champions League cuz Ranieri did that at least.

Dec 31, 2008
the advantage with 4-3-1-2 is Marchi and Momo will be given more freedom to move forward and it also gives good cover to our fullbacks. But talkin about disadvantages Gio will be benched and Camo, even if he plays will not be used to the full extent. If Gio and Camo are to be used then we have to revert back to 4-2-3-1, which means no Dp alo. Gosh!!!!!1 this is very confusing

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Got the tactics spot on last night and every player looked up for the battle.

One thing we need to work on is dealing with quick freekicks, we have lost so many goals from them this season.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
icεmαή;2258097 said:
I can understand when somebody calls Tiago garbage. Poulsen was brought in as a backup and he did reasonably well until he got injured in his first season. He has done well this season as well considering he isn't a starter. On top of that, this guy always goes back to training and gives his best, never cribs (if he has, I haven't seen it) or locks someone in the toilet. The only reason people hate him is because he isn't Xabi Alonso.

About consistent players, who has been consistent this season? Melo? Diego? Grosso? Why don't we sell them all for a good price?
A backup? Or "a second option" like Melo when we couldn't get Alonso?

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
The tactics we are using now are SOOOO different than out previous 4-4-2 which we have played over the years. Plus there is the garbage from previous years like Grygera, Molinaro, Tiago and Poulsen that are still weighing us down.

I just hope injuries don't come at critical times.
Poulsen is definitely not "garbage".

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You guys remember Ranieri's win over Real Madrid last year and what that did to him? He was almost going to get fired but survived a longer time by beating Real. This feels exactly the same way. Let's see if Ciro takes us through in the Champions League cuz Ranieri did that at least.
:tup:
Thats my biggest fear...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I thought about it too, but unfortunately right now there is no solution to this...problem.

We obviously can't fire him right now 2 days before the Bayern match.

If we fail to qualify for the CL knock-outs then everyone will ask for Ciro to be fired.
Lets say we fire him. Who will be our new coach? It's hard to find a top quality coach during the season, especially if we don't play in CL. And what if we get a new coach? We'll still play UEFA Cup and we won't have a week rest between matches. Our team still won't win the scudetto.
If Ciro stays then he won't be able to do much harm till the end of the season. Our team is simply too good not to be in top 4, or even top 3.

If we do qualify for CL knockouts, then there will be no real reason to fire the coach, even though we all know that with him at the helm we won't win neither the CL (even the 1/4's look hard to achieve) nor serie A.

No matter what happens against Bayern, I believe the most logical thing to do is to keep Ciro till the end of the season. In the meantime we should work on signing a new coach, but a quality and proven one, and we fire Ciro at the end of the season. The reasons to fire him will be :Failing to seriously challenge for the scudetto and/or failing to pass the CL group.
That's in case we don't win the UEFA Cup :D

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I thought about it too, but unfortunately right now there is no solution to this...problem.

We obviously can't fire him right now 2 days before the Bayern match.

If we fail to qualify for the CL knock-outs then everyone will ask for Ciro to be fired.
Lets say we fire him. Who will be our new coach? It's hard to find a top quality coach during the season, especially if we don't play in CL. And what if we get a new coach? We'll still play UEFA Cup and we won't have a week rest between matches. Our team still won't win the scudetto.
If Ciro stays then he won't be able to do much harm till the end of the season. Our team is simply too good not to be in top 4, or even top 3.

If we do qualify for CL knockouts, then there will be no real reason to fire the coach, even though we all know that with him at the helm we won't win neither the CL (even the 1/4's look hard to achieve) nor serie A.

No matter what happens against Bayern, I believe the most logical thing to do is to keep Ciro till the end of the season. In the meantime we should work on signing a new coach, but a quality and proven one, and we fire Ciro at the end of the season. The reasons to fire him will be :Failing to seriously challenge for the scudetto and/or failing to pass the CL group.
That's in case we don't win the UEFA Cup :D
I'd rather go to a CL final and lose than win the uefa cup

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
icεmαή;2258097 said:

Not really true. Poulsen's garbage games outweigh his good ones.

He's only come around good the past month, while the other two he was poor.

It has nothing to do with Xabi or Tiago or whomever; folks evaluate Poulsen on his displays.

Dec 26, 2004
icεmαή;2258097 said:

Don't you think he costs way too much for a backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)