Ciro Ferrara (27 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
We can't blame Ferrara for accepting extension deal with Juve. it's our fucker board who should be bashed. They are treating us like Parma. Firstly ultimate loser Ranieri and then trainee Ferrara.

There is one common point between these two. They are earning peanuts and this is the reason why they have been chosen by board.

who is next? mancio, dogadoni? oh wait, not even their demands can be met.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
That rule that says you can't change coaches every other day? Yeah, insane huh.
No, the rule that says that you can't appoint a coach that already have had a job this season.

And then there is also this other rule that says that Juventus should always have the best coaches such as Trappatoni, Lippi and Capello. Not Ranieri and Ferrara, that rule.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Ferrara: Diego doesn't do what I say
Monday 30 November, 2009
Juventus boss Ciro Ferrara claims the Bianconeri's big summer signing, Brazilian star Diego, doesn't always follow his orders on the pitch.

Diego joined Juventus from Werder Bremen in a £25m transfer, but after a bright start his performances have failed to live up to expectations.

Some pundits have suggested that Ferrara's apparent inability to settle on a formation has caused Diego confusion and that the 24-year-old has yet to find his best position in the side.

Juventus slumped to a disappointing 2-0 defeat away to Cagliari yesterday, allowing Inter, who beat Fiorentina 1-0 at San Siro, to move eight points clear at the top of Serie A.

“He has the desire to play many balls as a characteristic and so he often retreats, tracking back to get them,” Ferrara said after the game.

“But he also has to work on the aspects asked of him by the trainer. I am sure that he will improve.

“Above all in the first half I encouraged Diego to try and find more penetration. It has not been his problem alone, but also that of Marchisio, for example.

“Diego is a great player. I will continue to spur him on until he gets closer to goal and becomes decisive there,” Ferrara concluded

Channel4.com

I think Ferrara is losing the team.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
But in season 2007/08 Del Piero was pretty bad in the opening 10-15 rounds and he scored some 2-3 goals. In the later part Ale exploded and became the top scorer.
And still we did just as good as we're doing now.

But even if we accept that we have a DP addiction, it's hard to explain why with a defensive genius, we're conceding more than we did in the past.

After 14 rounds in serie A and 5 rounds in CL last year we conceded 12 goals. This year after just as many matches we conceded 18 goals.
You could say that the reason are the tactics and the more attacking nature of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 compared to 4-4-2.
But if that was the case we were at least gonna score or create more. We're not doing even that.
After 19 matches (14 in serie A and 5 in CL) last year we scored 28 goals, this year 29. The same.
And we have Diego this year (+Giovinco gets more playing time compared to last year).

Another things is that during the 2 seasons Ranieri was our coach, only once we were beaten by more than 1 goal difference. It happened in Naples when the ref destroyed us with 2 wrong penalties. Only in these 3 months Ferrara lost 3 times by more than 1 goal (Palermo, Bordeaux, Cagliari) and he managed to lose a match that we were leading 2:0.
We were a team tough to beat. Now we aren't anymore.
thanks for that summary

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Ciro :sergio:

He picked the perfect time for this also, just before Inter game. When we loose it, his gona be the scapegoat all alone. Ciro should shut up and concentrate on team improvements. I am starting to think he has some ego problems. Publicly coming out to criticize certain players when he should deal with these things on the training pitch.

I am sorry, he has lost the plot. The sooner his gone the better for Juve.

I am now just wondering how long will the board tolerate this. Will a lose to Inter be enough?

At the current situation, lose to Bayern is worse than lose to Inter.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
So, first Diego criticizes Ferrara in the press. A few days later Ferrara criticizes Diego, in much the same way. (In both cases the headlines are a bit exaggerated though)

Are we dealing with a bunch of infants here? Both the team & the coach need to get their shit together, away from the press. Enough with these statements that are flying back and forth.

Right now a situation is being created where it's Ciro against Diego. As if we need to chose between the both of them. Nice...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So, first Diego criticizes Ferrara in the press. A few days later Ferrara criticizes Diego, in much the same way. (In both cases the headlines are a bit exaggerated though)

Are we dealing with a bunch of infants here? Both the team & the coach need to get their shit together, away from the press. Enough with these statements that are flying back and forth.

Right now a situation is being created where it's Ciro against Diego. As if we need to chose between the both of them. Nice...
:tup:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Give him the Inter game.
Since we won't be able to get a decent replacement fast enough, I kinda agree. At the same time I can't help but think that a quick change, even for an interim, temporary solution, a shocker change, could bring that spark back. We look so... unmotivated, dead.

It's Rijkaard ffs Rijkaard!
:D

Isn't he doing well at Galatasaray though?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Since we won't be able to get a decent replacement fast enough, I kinda agree. At the same time I can't help but think that a quick change, even for an interim, temporary solution, a shocker change, could bring that spark back. We look so... unmotivated, dead.

:D

Isn't he doing well at Galatasaray though?
Doing good playing wise, but taking meaningless defeats also. He needs time, and I am sure he will sort things out if the board have some patience in him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)