Ciro Ferrara (12 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't see the problem in the defence actually, I see our biggest problem in the cluelessness of creating chances. I mean we tested Cagliari's keeper in the second half for the first time when Giovinco came in.
That is a major problem, but we shouldn't be doing so poorly defensively.

Probably has a lot to do with the lack of wingers, but the team need to sort that out. Hundreds of sides do it, why can't we.

Guess I know the answer I'll get to that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Sorry Ciro.......... :down:

After the INter game he needs to go. In terms of points and so on, we have not been disastrous.... but to our standards and specially with the kind of players we have....we can do muuuuch more than what we are doing.

In the last month, Ciro´s formations and subs have been dubvious as hell, weird, without sense.

Ciro seems to not have any diea how to solve this and well, he is a rookie coach. Sadly it was too much for him, so not toally his fault....but the truth is he needs to resign.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
or this side is so used to playing lethargically in a straight 4-4-2 that we can't use anything else.
I too considered this as a possibility, but after thinking about it, I don't think it should be an excuse.
If you don't count the goalkeeper and the two CBs, for which it doesn't matter what formation we play, you have 8 players left, of which 4 are newcomers (Grosso, Caceres, Melo and Diego).
The other 4 are the 2 attackers (when we play 4-3-1-2), Camoranesi and Sissoko.
Amauri played big part of his career as a lone striker, so I don't know why should he, after 1 single 4-4-2 season, not adapt to a different formation.
Sissoko played in many different formations too before he joined Juve.

That leaves Camoranesi and the other attacker as the only ones who are used to playing 4-4-2.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I too considered this as a possibility, but after thinking about it, I don't think it should be an excuse.
If you don't count the goalkeeper and the two CBs, for which it doesn't matter what formation we play, you have 8 players left, of which 4 are newcomers (Grosso, Caceres, Melo and Diego).
The other 4 are the 2 attackers (when we play 4-3-1-2), Camoranesi and Sissoko.
Amauri played big part of his career as a lone striker, so I don't know why should he, after 1 single 4-4-2 season, not adapt to a different formation.
Sissoko played in many different formations too before he joined Juve.

That leaves Camoranesi and the other attacker as the only ones who are used to playing 4-4-2.
Camo is used to the diamond midfield, too.

Some things just can't be explained I guess.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
its amazing how many members come out of the woodwork when we start losing...i have seen like 10 people that i have never seen before :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)