Ciro Ferrara (26 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Here's the plan then:

1- Start negotiations with Guus now.
2- Make the contract ready for next Saturday evening.
3- Bring Guus in a private jet to Turin. Let him watch our match against Inter.
4- Sack Ferrara after the defeat and the awful performance.
5- Guus freaks out and leaves Turin without signing a contract.
6- We sign Luciano Spalletti.
7- We realize it's not possible because of the IFA rules.
8- We sign Roberto Mancini.

And the cycle goes on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If there was even a chance that Guus could come to us then we should be doing everything that we can to push it through.

I just can't see it happening for some reason though

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Comparison of the last 3 seasons, after 14 rounds in serie A

2007/08
7 wins- 5 draws- 2 defeats (29:13)--- 26 points

2008/09
8 wins - 3 draws- 3 defeats (21:9) --- 27 points

2009/10
8 wins - 3 draws - 3 defeats (26:15) --- 27 points
----------------------

No improvement at all, points wise.
In 2007/08 we had no CL. But this season we had players like Almiron, Nocerino, Molinaro starting for us and we had no depth at all.
Also, we already played Inter and Milan in the opening 14 rounds.

In 2008/09, we still had Molinaro, we had Marchionni, we had 6-7 injured players every round. In CL, we already qualified for the knock outs after the 5th round and we beat Real twice, we beat Zenit.

In 2009/10 we added Diego, Melo, Grosso and Cannavaro, who were supposed to be improvement over Molinaro, Legro, Marchionni, Nedved or Zanetti.
We're yet to play against Inter and Milan, we might be eliminated from CL and all we achieved in Europe were two wins against Maccabi.

Congrats Ferrara. Point wise you might not be worse than Ranieri (not better though. You're the same), but when we take everything else into consideration, you're even worse than Ranieri. No-one should be worse than Ranieri, but you managed to do that.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Great stats Alen, as always.

I really dont get why certain people here say that Ranieri was worse. Those people are loosers themselves. Ciro deserves all the blame.

Sure management deserves the blame for opting for Ciro. But with this team i expect more. And in the end Ciro is the coach, not the management.

And no, i dont like Ranieri. He is a looser, always been. But Ciro is not better AT ALL.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
DP was gona get old sooner or later. We brought in enough new players who could make the difference. (Its not just Diegos fault, he s-cks). The players clearly dont have the vision since the manager doesnt have a clue what system he plays. I honestly dont think Ciro gives the players tactically anything. I mean how could he. He hasnt coached a team at this level. He has so far been just a assistant, but thats nothing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But how can you even compare Ranieri and Ferrara. This is the latter's first November as a manager, while Ranieri has been screwing around for years. It's being a bit harsh on Ciro, even though I do say we need to find someone else for the position.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Juve getting outplayed by no names week after week.

Even against Atalanta, they almost came back to win.

This is a load of rubbish, get rid of Ferrara the piece of shite coach NOW.

Against Inter and Bayern we'll get skinned alive.

No No No, Ciro must GO, No No No, Ciro must GO!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not necessarily, Alen. Ranieri had DP to bail him out, but Ferrara has not. This is the DP addiction I keep mentioning.
But in season 2007/08 Del Piero was pretty bad in the opening 10-15 rounds and he scored some 2-3 goals. In the later part Ale exploded and became the top scorer.
And still we did just as good as we're doing now.

But even if we accept that we have a DP addiction, it's hard to explain why with a defensive genius, we're conceding more than we did in the past.

After 14 rounds in serie A and 5 rounds in CL last year we conceded 12 goals. This year after just as many matches we conceded 18 goals.
You could say that the reason are the tactics and the more attacking nature of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 compared to 4-4-2.
But if that was the case we were at least gonna score or create more. We're not doing even that.
After 19 matches (14 in serie A and 5 in CL) last year we scored 28 goals, this year 29. The same.
And we have Diego this year (+Giovinco gets more playing time compared to last year).

Another things is that during the 2 seasons Ranieri was our coach, only once we were beaten by more than 1 goal difference. It happened in Naples when the ref destroyed us with 2 wrong penalties. Only in these 3 months Ferrara lost 3 times by more than 1 goal (Palermo, Bordeaux, Cagliari) and he managed to lose a match that we were leading 2:0.
We were a team tough to beat. Now we aren't anymore.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
But in season 2007/08 Del Piero was pretty bad in the opening 10-15 rounds and he scored some 2-3 goals. In the later part Ale exploded and became the top scorer.

But even if we accept that we have a DP addiction, it's hard to explain why with a defensive genius, we're conceding more than we did in the past.

After 14 rounds in serie A and 5 rounds in CL last year we conceded 12 goals. This year after just as many matches we conceded 18 goals.
You could say that the reason are the tactics and the more attacking nature of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 compared to 4-4-2.
But if that was the case we were at least gonna score or create more. We're not doing even that.
After 19 matches (14 in serie A and 5 in CL) last year we scored 28 goals, this year 29. The same.
And we have Diego this year (+Giovinco gets more playing time compared to last year).

Another things is that during the 2 seasons Ranieri was our coach, only once we were beaten by more than 1 goal difference. It happened in Naples when the ref destroyed us with 2 wrong penalties. Only in these 3 months Ferrara lost 3 times by more than 1 goal (Palermo, Bordeaux, Cagliari) and he managed to lose a match that we were leading 2:0.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

The strange thing is that generally speaking, we have a better defense this season with Canna and Grosso added to the team. Sissoko has been out for a while, yes, but he was back today and we still lost. So whats the deal? It's not like we are throwing players forward haphazardly, going overboard. We still have folks like Melo and Poulsen playing centrally.

Don't know what to say either than Ferrara doesn't have the ability to make the players adjust to his system or this side is so used to playing lethargically in a straight 4-4-2 that we can't use anything else. And now the problem is we have less wingers than we did last year.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't see the problem in the defence actually, I see our biggest problem in the cluelessness of creating chances. I mean we tested Cagliari's keeper in the second half for the first time when Giovinco came in.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
It's pointless to talk about Guus, we'll never get him. I really don't want to say this but we are not as attractive as we used to be. It would be awesome if we managed to get him but I don't really think he's interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)