Christopher Hitchens (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I've enjoyed much of his work, but one thing I don't get about him is his backing of the western military machine. He apparently felt a strong sense of loyalty towards people in oppressive states, but that has nothing to do with the motives behind any of the wars. I would understand Average Joe buying into that, but Hitchens should know better.

Whenever people would challenge him on this he would retort with the "then you are with the dictator" line. Eh no, I just don't believe in Robin Hood.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He wasnt atheist, he was an anti-theist! (if not misotheist)
There is a difference and this is a politically move/choice, with US at its epicenter, for the obvious reasons.
He chose to be a vessel of this propaganda that expands and abuses public opinion, exactly like the churches did.
He, also took advantage of the "cool factor" it adds, to a liberated from spiritual constraints mind.
Following the trends and being the pawn of influent men, never made anyone a hero...

History will forget him by tomorrow and his stance leaves no place for solace to his beloved ones, in a such a soul-less world, he was livin...
From dust to dust, his circle has ended, his own free will, made a choice to reject God, completely, hopefully for him, he wont be regretting now...
i wonder though, what was the last thing he was thinking of.

Apr 15, 2006
He wasnt atheist, he was an anti-theist! (if not misotheist)
There is a difference and this is a politically move/choice, with US at its epicenter, for the obvious reasons.
He chose to be a vessel of this propaganda that expands and abuses public opinion, exactly like the churches did.
He, also took advantage of the "cool factor" it adds, to a liberated from spiritual constraints mind.
Following the trends and being the pawn of influent men, never made anyone a hero...

History will forget him by tomorrow and his stance leaves no place for solace to his beloved ones, in a such a soul-less world, he was livin...
From dust to dust, his circle has ended, his own free will, made a choice to reject God, completely, hopefully for him, he wont be regretting now...
i wonder though, what was the last thing he was thinking of.
:lol: :rofl: :lol2:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Don't let this turn into a debate, just leave kind words or say nothing as we do in the other threads like this.
What you're describing is like a burial ritual. Things one should and shouldn't say about a person who's passed away.

If you want to be polite to someone I think you should refrain from speaking ill of them in their company, but once they're dead it's over.

What's with this taboo attitude? Do you think it's harmful to have a frank discussion about the impact of someone's life, all the more so a public figure?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
To be a dickhead or not to be a dickhead... I believe that is the question.

However, Sam did post up some youtube shite that's liable to fire up some believers and cause the need to TESTIFY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)