Christian Poulsen (3 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
You mean like the pass to Caceres that led to the goal?

Or are you saying Pirlo can't pass anymore?
so 'cos it worked once, he should be let off for the thousand of other times he tried those lobs and lost possession?

his job is to protect the defence, connect the dots in MF, not look for jaw-dropping through passes...he if manages them once in a while, it's great, but he can't, so it's better he keeps it simple and let the creative work be done by the likes of Ale, Camo and Diego

Buy on AliExpress.com

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
he if manages them once in a while, it's great, but he can't

Either short or selective memories for some...world class pass to Iaquinta, leading to Amauri's goal. Of course, there are a number of other instances displaying his ability to make a great pass, but this one comes to mind as most recent.

So, that's "once in a while".

Dec 26, 2004
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdKDYckZho

Either short or selective memories for some...world class pass to Iaquinta, leading to Amauri's goal. Of course, there are a number of other instances displaying his ability to make a great pass, but this one comes to mind as most recent.

So, that's "once in a while".
Your post perfectly prove it IS a "once in a while".

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Good article from Football Italia...

http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/kk1.html

---

Blog: Great Dane

Christian Poulsen has had to take on the critics since his switch to Juventus. But, as Karsten Krogh asks, when will he get the credit he deserves?

It was never going to be easy for Christian Poulsen to go to Juventus last summer. As everyone knows, he was on the receiving end of a little Francesco Totti phlegm at Euro 2004 and a few years later he and Gennaro Gattuso had their own little clash when Schalke and Milan met in the Champions League. In Italy Poulsen was blamed as the instigator of the aggression in both cases – wrongly – and he has suffered ever since.

For some reason, Italians tend to think that Poulsen is a dirty, technically hopeless player who relies on persistent fouling and running. His performances so far this season – in which he has overshadowed the much-hyped Felipe Melo – have shown that he is a technically adept and intelligent player.

He hardly ever loses possession and his vision is more than decent – exemplified by his assist to the winning goal this weekend against Udinese when his brilliant pass found Martin Caceres, who then just as brilliantly volleyed the ball across to Fabio Grosso and an open goal.

As usual Poulsen’s part in the goal was not mentioned anywhere. Journalists seem determined to ignore Poulsen’s positive achievements, especially when his play does not fall into the easy 'technically-inept-and-clueless-hard-man' category. Lazy journalism, really.

The media may not have realized it yet – or they may simply have decided that they don’t want to – but the Juventus Coaches have seen that Poulsen is quite a decent player, whether we are talking Claudio Ranieri or Ciro Ferrara.

The proof is in the team selection. After 13 Serie A games this season, Poulsen has started in nine and played in 11 games. Last term he played 23 Serie A games and started 14 – and he was injured for more than two months in the middle of the season which means that he almost only missed the games he was injured. In both seasons he has gotten lots of playing time in the Champions League as well.

If Christian is such a terrible player why do the Coaches persist in selecting him for almost every single match. Are Claudio Ranieri and Ciro Ferrara idiots? Or have they seen something the media has not?

On the Danish national team, which just qualified for the World Cup as winners of their group ahead of Portugal and Sweden, Poulsen has been the best performer for the entire campaign. By now, he is the de facto leader of the Danish team even if older players like Martin Jorgensen and Jon Dahl Tomasson are ahead of him in the captain hierarchy.

In the last six years for Denmark, Poulsen has matured from a workmanlike player with limited technical skills and vision to a complete central midfielder who hardly ever plays a bad game. The Danish national team would be completely lost without him.

I talked to Poulsen for a magazine interview last summer right before he moved to Italy and Juventus. At that time – after an impressive spell at Sevilla – many big clubs were after his signature and he chose the most difficult country possible. Wanting to know if he knew what he was getting himself into, I asked him: “Do you have any idea what they think about you in Italy?”

He simply said: “I think my clashes with Gattuso and Totti were blown out of proportion and I’d like to show people that I can cut it a top club like Juventus. If I play well hopefully the sceptics will come around. If I don’t, the criticism will be my own fault. That’s professional football.” And that’s a typical Poulsen answer – just like his playing style, really. Simple, composed and ambitious.

Isn’t it time Poulsen got fair treatment by the Press and was accepted as the quality player that he has proven he is?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
There was another through pass in the game versus Udinese, which Amauri couldn't get to. When on form, he can deliver killer passes, but when he's not, he resorts to long balls which end up with the opponents. Melo has been doing the same lately (Melo is definitely a better passer). Poulsen is in good form now, it'd be stupid to drop him for Melo, who, whether we like it or not, has been terrible of late.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Folk are now going to the other extreme with Poulsen.

He wasn't as bad as folk suggested he was last season and he hasn't been as good as folk are suggesting this season.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

---

As usual Poulsen’s part in the goal was not mentioned anywhere. Journalists seem determined to ignore Poulsen’s positive achievements, especially when his play does not fall into the easy 'technically-inept-and-clueless-hard-man' category. Lazy journalism, really.

Bullshit!

I read 5 different Italian newspapers on Monday. His part in the goal was mentioned everywhere & he was Mom according to most papers (never receiving less than 6,5).

goonofogo

Nov 24, 2009

---

Christian Poulsen has had to take on the critics since his switch to Juventus. But, as Karsten Krogh asks, when will he get the credit he deserves?

It was never going to be easy for Christian Poulsen to go to Juventus last summer. As everyone knows, he was on the receiving end of a little Francesco Totti phlegm at Euro 2004 and a few years later he and Gennaro Gattuso had their own little clash when Schalke and Milan met in the Champions League. In Italy Poulsen was blamed as the instigator of the aggression in both cases – wrongly – and he has suffered ever since.

For some reason, Italians tend to think that Poulsen is a dirty, technically hopeless player who relies on persistent fouling and running. His performances so far this season – in which he has overshadowed the much-hyped Felipe Melo – have shown that he is a technically adept and intelligent player.

He hardly ever loses possession and his vision is more than decent – exemplified by his assist to the winning goal this weekend against Udinese when his brilliant pass found Martin Caceres, who then just as brilliantly volleyed the ball across to Fabio Grosso and an open goal.

The media may not have realized it yet – or they may simply have decided that they don’t want to – but the Juventus Coaches have seen that Poulsen is quite a decent player, whether we are talking Claudio Ranieri or Ciro Ferrara.

The proof is in the team selection. After 13 Serie A games this season, Poulsen has started in nine and played in 11 games. Last term he played 23 Serie A games and started 14 – and he was injured for more than two months in the middle of the season which means that he almost only missed the games he was injured. In both seasons he has gotten lots of playing time in the Champions League as well.

If Christian is such a terrible player why do the Coaches persist in selecting him for almost every single match. Are Claudio Ranieri and Ciro Ferrara idiots? Or have they seen something the media has not?

On the Danish national team, which just qualified for the World Cup as winners of their group ahead of Portugal and Sweden, Poulsen has been the best performer for the entire campaign. By now, he is the de facto leader of the Danish team even if older players like Martin Jorgensen and Jon Dahl Tomasson are ahead of him in the captain hierarchy.

In the last six years for Denmark, Poulsen has matured from a workmanlike player with limited technical skills and vision to a complete central midfielder who hardly ever plays a bad game. The Danish national team would be completely lost without him.

I talked to Poulsen for a magazine interview last summer right before he moved to Italy and Juventus. At that time – after an impressive spell at Sevilla – many big clubs were after his signature and he chose the most difficult country possible. Wanting to know if he knew what he was getting himself into, I asked him: “Do you have any idea what they think about you in Italy?”

He simply said: “I think my clashes with Gattuso and Totti were blown out of proportion and I’d like to show people that I can cut it a top club like Juventus. If I play well hopefully the sceptics will come around. If I don’t, the criticism will be my own fault. That’s professional football.” And that’s a typical Poulsen answer – just like his playing style, really. Simple, composed and ambitious.

Isn’t it time Poulsen got fair treatment by the Press and was accepted as the quality player that he has proven he is?
I like this attitude tbh.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
As far as he keep this kind of performances is ok.

We are not asking him to be the next pirlo or something...we just want consistency and mistake-free displays. The rest, he does it fine.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bullshit!

I read 5 different Italian newspapers on Monday. His part in the goal was mentioned everywhere & he was Mom according to most papers (never receiving less than 6,5).
As if these sort of articles from Football Italia ever let minor things like facts get in the way of them saying whatever they want.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Another bullshit blog from football italia, Poulsen has had a few pretty good games for Juve and now everybody just forgets that 90% of his performances have been complete shit. Some people have such short memories. If he can keep up the form than good for him but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
He really doesn't make an impact most of the game, and most of those caps are, like the last month or so, because we have no one else than because he's preferred.

His performance against Udinese was great. I hope he can continue because I've always kinda liked him. At least unlike Tiago, he wants to prove himself at Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)