Christian Poulsen (7 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
what if nhe picks up a serious injury though?

we will be truley fucked!
i don't think so.

we are juventus and not empoli.

we should not rely on giovinco.

at first we need a working team and then giovinco may slowly be introduced...

if we throw him into the cold water and let him play while the whole team plays shit it will put to much weight on his shoulders because everyone would expect him to rescue us and that is not the best situation.

let him play when we already have a working team so he can slowly gain confidence with this team ...

i think giovinco would regret it if he stayed with us for the preliminaries of the champions league and get not many playing time. he will see his "friends" win the olympics and is self doomed on the bench ...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You said first Giovinco would have been just benched if he stayed for the friendlies, and only play 20 mins, and now you say he will have been also warming the bench for the qfs, what gives? Do you know something we dont? He is a bonafide player whos qualities our club trust and believes in, bit unfounded to be so negative (if anything, its more likely we will put much pressure on him, instead of ignore him on the bench totally).

You dont need to conjucture bull to justify his Olympic trip. Its not often you get to play in the Olympic games, and missing the first month doesnt matter much when he and the others will have all the time in the world later to come into the team.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Poulsen expects to impress
Juventus’ new midfielder Christian Poulsen is relishing the challenge of winning over the Bianconeri followers.

After weeks of links with Spanish international Xabi Alonso, the Old Lady opted for the pugnacious Dane to galvanise the midfield.

The decision was met with some hostility by certain Juve supporters as Poulsen is best known in the peninsula for being spat at by Francesco Totti at Euro 2004 and is seen as an uncomplicated player.

“I think that Juventus are a very important club and this is a crucial step for me,” Poulsen enthused. “I can’t wait to play European football.

“Gennaro Gattuso said that I was brave to come and play in Italy? I respect him as a player and as a person and I want to learn to play in Serie A.

“To play in this country you need to have quality and I think I have more than people say and write.

“It will be a tough championship with great players, but I will try and give my all to become a future pillar of this side.

“I know that I don’t have a great reputation here in Italy,” Poulsen admitted.

“I’m hoping that the referees aren’t prejudiced against me, but I don’t think that they will be – in Spain I hardly got any yellow cards and no reds over the last few years.

“I have no problem with Totti. The past is forgotten and I will happily shake hands with him when we play Roma.”

While many Juve fans would rather see other targets Alonso or Alberto Aquilani pull on the shirt, Poulsen doesn’t feel inferior.

“I think I am at the level of Alonso, Dejan Stankovic, Aquilani and all the other players that Juventus have followed lately,” Poulsen insisted.

“Juve chose me for my qualities and I have made a name for myself with good performances over the last two years.

“I hope that the fans are proud of me and I will do everything to make them happy.”

mondo1

May 14, 2006

Poulsen expects to impress
Juventus’ new midfielder Christian Poulsen is relishing the challenge of winning over the Bianconeri followers.

After weeks of links with Spanish international Xabi Alonso, the Old Lady opted for the pugnacious Dane to galvanise the midfield.

The decision was met with some hostility by certain Juve supporters as Poulsen is best known in the peninsula for being spat at by Francesco Totti at Euro 2004 and is seen as an uncomplicated player.

“I think that Juventus are a very important club and this is a crucial step for me,” Poulsen enthused. “I can’t wait to play European football.

“Gennaro Gattuso said that I was brave to come and play in Italy? I respect him as a player and as a person and I want to learn to play in Serie A.

“To play in this country you need to have quality and I think I have more than people say and write.

“It will be a tough championship with great players, but I will try and give my all to become a future pillar of this side.

“I know that I don’t have a great reputation here in Italy,” Poulsen admitted.

“I’m hoping that the referees aren’t prejudiced against me, but I don’t think that they will be – in Spain I hardly got any yellow cards and no reds over the last few years.

“I have no problem with Totti. The past is forgotten and I will happily shake hands with him when we play Roma.”

While many Juve fans would rather see other targets Alonso or Alberto Aquilani pull on the shirt, Poulsen doesn’t feel inferior.

I think I am at the level of Alonso, Dejan Stankovic, Aquilani and all the other players that Juventus have followed lately,” Poulsen insisted.

“Juve chose me for my qualities and I have made a name for myself with good performances over the last two years.

“I hope that the fans are proud of me and I will do everything to make them happy.”
ya sure:shifty:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is doomed to play as Neddy's sub and probably the one in front of our 2 DMs, in a 4-3-3

If CR expects to defend as Nedved does, he might end up like Palla...
Having so many DMs means that he wont even have Tiago's chances.
Giovinco will NOT play as one of the 3 midfielders in a 4-3-3, wont happen. It will be two CMs/DMs and Camo mostly, or at times Nedved if there need be. Giovinco plays in a 4-3-3 formation with the Azzurrini and has since his debut, and he plays in the left side of a 3 man attack, or a free roaming fantasista. Thats it.

You would have to be clueless to think he will play in a hardworking 3 man midfield like that, and just because you want to be negative for the sake of it, doesnt mean Ranieri is a 10th of as clueless as you want it to seem.

In the Olympics, you will notice that the one who will play infront of two DMs in a 3 man midfield will be Montolivo. With Giovinco, Rossi and Aqcquafresca in 3 man attack. Actually thats why Iaquinta mentionned Giovinco as a 5th attacker he will compete with in the attack, because if we play 4-3-3 often, Gio will contend with the strikers, while in a 4-3-1-2 or regular 4-4-2, Iaquinta wont need to worry of having Gio as an extra player to bench him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)