Christian Poulsen (11 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
The idiot Totti's reaction to Poulsen's words:

Totti still seems to bear a grudge against Christian Poulsen, Juve's latest signing, after being banned for three matches for spitting at the Denmark midfielder during a Euro 2004 group game.

Totti said he had been provoked and he was not impressed by Poulsen's recent offer to shake his hand.

"It's easy to talk now," he said.

"He could have come and told the truth at the hearing the day after. I don't think he adds anything (to Juve) at the technical level."

Reuters
Reading these words I have to salute Poulsen for irritating the gayest player in the football history...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Strange to see how people change their opinion just because Poulsen is a Juventus player right now. In reality Totti is one of the greatest players to have ever played the game and Poulsen is an average piece of shit. Totti is right to say it's easy to talk like that now and, even though I was truly angry with Totti's stupidity, Poulsen didn't show great sportsmanship either. Like Totti said, they could have shaken hands after Totti's trial.

Poulsen was, is and always will be scum. He's the lowest of the low when it comes to football. He might play a decent season for us, hell, he might even be important, but he's still nowhere near likeable. Honestly, I really hate the fact he's a Juventus player right now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Indeed, not sure I see tendencies for changing opinions. The above posters saying Totti idiot or such would say the same thing regardless of if its about the incident with Poulsen or other things.

Changing opinion would be allways thinking Poulsen is a dirty player, then suddenly think he is a model professional. Havent seen any of that around here though.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Indeed, not sure I see tendencies for changing opinions. The above posters saying Totti idiot or such would say the same thing regardless of if its about the incident with Poulsen or other things.

Changing opinion would be allways thinking Poulsen is a dirty player, then suddenly think he is a model professional. Havent seen any of that around here though.
During the EURO, I thought Poulsen was fun provoing Totti and during the Schalke - Milan encounter, I was definitely rooting for the Germans and enjoying the Poulsen show. Gatusso's reaction made me puke actually.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont think he didnt do much dirty stuff (except when he got yellow for bulldozing Seedorf and rino in 2 secs haha) in the Schalke game, mainly he was owning them royally and winning the balls easily (frustrated them alot, to the point Kaka was being the dirty one), wasnt even committing fouls when he was winning the ball.

But he is a dirty player no doubt (though how much of a dirty player he is is severely exaggerated for doing it against a big club and NT etc ) for stuff he does when the ref doesnt see it (and not saying i only because I am an azzurri fan, but he was a big prick in that game against Totti, though Totti is the main villain of it, without any doubt), I have seen him kick/knee a player who was down on the head when in La Liga (was some payback for a bad tackle). If you do battle with this mofo, you will regret it thats for sure.

And as a Swede, I dont need to remind you what he did in the denmark-Sweden game. Though he is mainly just a tough midfielder, and stuff like Punching Rosenberg are more of the exceptions the rules. Most importantly, he hardly gets red cards, or even yellow cards that much despite being very tough. And that speaks volumes of his efficiency and competence. His tackling and ballwinning is impeccable.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes.. that's all true, but when it comes down to it: he's a prick. And there are lots of players just as good as him. Just read other threads, the public opinion about Poulsen has changed a lot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The facts are these: people will always find a ridiculous reason to hate a player and Poulsen is not what we need. Too bad this transfer is pretty retarded and just makes irrationality come out of the woodwork.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
this transfer is pretty retarded.
Without going into the retardedness of this transfer and without agreeing or disagreeing with this statement, i'd appriciate your help (everyone's help here) for one debate we're having in Serbo-Croatian on another forum.

So, the topic is that Poulsen and Amauri are bad transfers, not because they're bad players but because Juve didn't need them.
Milan's and Fiorentina's transfers are one of the proofs how transfers should be done and among the names mentioned to back this statement are the names of Flamini, Gilardino, Jovetic, Vargas.

I guess we can agree that the 4 player mentioned above are very good players (or good prospects in Jovetic's case), just like Amauri and Poulsen. But my question is what makes them good transfers and what makes Amauri and Poulsen bad transfers ?

Milan had 4 DMs (Ambrosini, Gattuso, Emerson, Brocchi) and now they added a 5th one, Flamini.
Fiorentina had 4 strikers/support strikers after Vieri left (Mutu, Osvaldo, Pazzini, Papa Waigo) and now they splashed 26m eur to add Gilardino, Jovetic and Jefferson.

Fiorentina already had one of the best 3 LBs in Italy, Pasqual (even though he was out of form lately) and yet they splashed 11m eur for Vargas and then even added Zauri (who also plays RB).

I'd like you to be objective and help me make my reply there.

Thanks.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I will have to make a quick reply as I'm going to the beach, but I will try my best. The fact is, Viola might not have made transfers that they need, but they still made good signings. Corvino signed players whose value would most likely increase overnight and that's something he plans out; he likes to make a profit. Jovetic is case in point I assume. He does a great job buying up players and selling them for much money, something that Juventus shouldn't do unless we are talking about tens of millions here.

But the sticking point still stands... we don't need Poulsen. And we will not be able to profit off of his sale when he wants to leave. Flamini is easily the better player wages aside, and if Milan was not in the equation, perhaps we would have him instead. I wouldn't be opposed to him because he's capable on the ball, which is something we need.

It doesn't matter if Viola needs these players in this case, because they're keeping them off the market and then selling them in the future. Vargas is an upgrade to their left-backs, Jovetic is a very hot prospect, Gilardino was amazing under Prandelli and will most likely find a good partnership with Mutu and Pazzini, and the other youth players they have signed over the past couple years will either start for them or be sold for a profit. You know this, Alen.

We signed players that will not increase in value unless they totally blow our minds out. Perhaps Viola should have invested elsewhere, but we should have, too. Yet Corvino gets the upperhand because he will make a (possibly big) profit in the end.

Just my opinion. I think all of us would rather have Corvino here than pretty much everyone else, except for Moggi.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Ok, a small comment on fiorentina's transfer policy; I see that people are saying "look at what fiorentina has done, why can't we sign those players" but i think this is the wrong approach. I like what fiorentina are doing, but you have to keep in mind that they have a way different policy going on. As Alen already pointed out; they signed a great prospect, Jovetic, but jovetic 'probably' won't make any decisive impact this season. It's clear that fiorentina have a long-term plan going on, and jovetic is either to be sold afterwards for making money, or he's for their long-term plan.
Out of all the players that were mentionned, i think except vargas none of them would have suited juventus. Flamini is too expensive (salary), Jovetic too young and unproven, Gilardino is inferior to Amauri.
But you gotta give fiorentina the credit they deserve. I would never have thought they'd be so powerful financially. They'll surely play an important role for the next seasons, but they still have a long way to go to reach the bigs in serie-a. Look at how many young players we have running around. Look at the experienced champions we have in our squad, ... those are things fiorentina just doesn't have yet; they're compensating these things with their enthusiasm, their young freshness, and their will to be good, but, at least on paper, they'll remain inferior to milan, roma, inter and juve in my opinion.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Strange to see how people change their opinion just because Poulsen is a Juventus player right now. In reality Totti is one of the greatest players to have ever played the game and Poulsen is an average piece of shit. Totti is right to say it's easy to talk like that now and, even though I was truly angry with Totti's stupidity, Poulsen didn't show great sportsmanship either. Like Totti said, they could have shaken hands after Totti's trial.

Poulsen was, is and always will be scum. He's the lowest of the low when it comes to football. He might play a decent season for us, hell, he might even be important, but he's still nowhere near likeable. Honestly, I really hate the fact he's a Juventus player right now.
And Totti isn't a prick? Even though he's a great player, he's still an arrogant piece of shit as well, who hates Juventus with a passion. Just that he plays in a position that doesn't expose it as much, unlike Poulsen. You're just biased for Totti because you support the Italian NT more than you do Belgian's.

And so what if a player is a prick? I'm not friends with him, why should I care? As long as he does the job on the pitch, while playing for Juventus, he's fine by me. And if he owns Kaka, Totti, Ibrahimovic or earns a red card for Gattuso, even the better. Go Poulsen.

I never cared much for Poulsen and I believe his transfer was unnecessary but him being a prick is pointless. Tons of players are pricks and are great because of that. I never had a problem with Ibrahimovic or Montero for example and they were both genuine pricks on the pitch. But they gave something to Juventus and that's what matters to me. You think Man U fans cared about Cantona or Ronaldo? Inter fans about Materazzi and so on? There's no place for personality on the pitch, off of it is another matter, but as long as we win I'll be satisfied.

Besides, you're a prick, so why do you care?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)