Christian Chivu (8 Viewers)

Oct 1, 2002
20 m for a defender? come on, it can't be real. no defender worth that much nowaday.
Chivu is good but he is quite injury prone lately. dunno if he will be a good choice.Tudor is a good example, he is a great in 02/03 season but injuries ruined him

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
So IMO it will be 10 million pounds + a swop. Anyway don't get ur hopes high.

Roma duo snub Juve Friday 24 December, 2004

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Roma pair of Cristian Chivu and Christian Panucci are unlikely to be joining Juventus in the near future.

Both players have been strongly associated with the Turin giants but their respective agents have rubbished reports.

"I don’t think that Luciano Moggi is about to call me," stated Andrea Pretti, the Romanian’s representative.

"Cristian is a great player and it is only normal that he has admirers. However, there is nothing concrete regarding a transfer."

Meanwhile, speculation over the last few months has suggested that Panucci (pictured) would be joining Juve in a swap deal with Nicola Legrottaglie.

"Panucci is at Roma, he is happy at Roma and he will remain with Roma," agent Oscar Damiani underlined.

The Italian international may not be heading to Turin but Legrottaglie could still arrive at the Olimpico in January.

The central defender is not part of Fabio Capello’s plans and Giallorossi boss Gigi Del Neri is keen on landing his former Chievo player.

source: channel4.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Lets buy De Rossi, Mancini, Totti and Cassano too. And then we have Juventus FC - Roma Style... :p

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Lets buy De Rossi, Mancini, Totti and Cassano too. And then we have Juventus FC - Roma Style... :p
And foul play and volcanice eruptions everywhere............

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
20 m for a defender? come on, it can't be real. no defender worth that much nowaday.
Chivu is good but he is quite injury prone lately. dunno if he will be a good choice.Tudor is a good example, he is a great in 02/03 season but injuries ruined him
maybe nesta is worth da much :devil:

OP
king Ale

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
  • Thread Starter #48
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

maybe nesta is worth da much :devil:
    IMO Nesta isn't worth that much too.maybe 2-3 years ago he was,but now,I don't think so.

Alex

May 1, 2004
    whats the latest on gonzalo rodriguez of villareal? he looks like a much better defender for us than chivu based on talent and price

Dec 26, 2004
    Thank U Fellows...

I used to read most of u posts... But I never think before about registering until yesterday...

I don't know if here is the right place to tell this, but I support JUVE since 1995, I like Alex and I think he is the most talented player I have ever watch....

And most important I don't believe (but i think most of u do) he is a finished player yet :cool:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    whats the latest on gonzalo rodriguez of villareal? he looks like a much better defender for us than chivu based on talent and price
    Chivu is more talented than Rodriguez any day of the week. Chivu is strong, fast, a capable defender, and very dangerous in the attack. He may cost more, but you pay more for better players. I personally don't think we need another central defender, but if we're going to buy one, than Chivu is the wrong choice and so is Rodriguez. Why not buy someone who's less hyped?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)