Chile Quake (1 Viewer)

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
I hear that.
It's reported that at Archipielago Juan Fernandez here in Chile was hit by tsunami waves. There are bodies in the water.
Radio Coperativa (Chile) informed that the 95% of houses at Cobquecura, the epicenter, are destroyed. Fuck, Fuck

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Thanks, people. Me and my family are alright. The earthquake was really strong and long. Apart of some things that fell and broke up, everything is fine at home. So far, there are already 129 victims, and the media suggest that we could have over 180. Internet and TV cable have downtimes, but now it seems to be fine.

The streets in Santiago are a mess: a lot of destruction to some buildings, one sector of the airport, a brigde fell down, etc. It seems schools will be closed (children were about to start a new year).
Well, that's everything I know so far. Anyway, thanks for your concern.
An 8.8? That's insane. I first heard about it here because I got paged by the local city alert system about a tsunami warning. Glad to hear you're alright. That is some scary, terrible stuff you're dealing with right now.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Oh yea, I just thought it was a Spanish word :D

So Concepción was the earthquake's center huh..Some news say that a 2nd earthquake is expected lower than the original one but still could be devastating.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33
    Thanks, people. Me and my family are alright. The earthquake was really strong and long. Apart of some things that fell and broke up, everything is fine at home. So far, there are already 129 victims, and the media suggest that we could have over 180. Internet and TV cable have downtimes, but now it seems to be fine.

The streets in Santiago are a mess: a lot of destruction to some buildings, one sector of the airport, a brigde fell down, etc. It seems schools will be closed (children were about to start a new year).
    Well, that's everything I know so far. Anyway, thanks for your concern.
    Glad to hear from you, mate:tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Glad to see you're alright, Joaquin.

The first Tsunami waves are expected to hit Hawaii in about 30 minutes. Right now looking at some of the buoy information there are about 1 meter waves in the Pacific, which would mean create 3 meter or higher waves close to shore. That might not seem like much but one has to remember the water behind that wave that basically rides on shore. This will create a punch.

Oceanographer on KHON 'forecasting' a 6 ft wave on big island in HI. He is describing it as a 'debris-filled flash flood'.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Chavez is blaming the U.S for the earthquake :lol:

And is this the same video Ze posted? coz the BBC one doesn't seem to work on my P.C

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Glad to see you're alright, Joaquin.

The first Tsunami waves are expected to hit Hawaii in about 30 minutes. Right now looking at some of the buoy information there are about 1 meter waves in the Pacific, which would mean create 3 meter or higher waves close to shore. That might not seem like much but one has to remember the water behind that wave that basically rides on shore. This will create a punch.

Oceanographer on KHON 'forecasting' a 6 ft wave on big island in HI. He is describing it as a 'debris-filled flash flood'.
    They were expecting a 15ft waves on CNN.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    They were expecting a 15ft waves on CNN.
    A 15 foot Tsunami would be pretty bad. Certainly not a 15-foot regular wave. I think the Tsunami that hit Banda Aceh was about 10 feet high, and look at the damage that created. Some of Hawaii's coastline has natural defense in cliffs, but not all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)