Chile Quake (1 Viewer)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Yeah, Chavez thinks HAARP created the earthquake. And folks call me a conspiracy theorist. :rolleyes:
He sure beat you to it :D
A 15 foot Tsunami would be pretty bad. Certainly not a 15-foot regular wave. I think the Tsunami that hit Banda Aceh was about 10 feet high, and look at the damage that created. Some of Hawaii's coastline has natural defense in cliffs, but not all.
They say that 60% of the glob will be hit by those waves, Could Is this the beginning of the end?! :scared:

Those Mexicans got it right :sergio:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The TV stations in Hawaii seem to be showing live video from Honolulu, specifically Wikiki Beach. There are a couple folks out there swimming. But that beach isn't the first to be hit.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Well they could be just some suicidal folks thinking this is a sign of the 2012 BS :eyebrows:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
This is even more interesting than Football games :D

Switching from Al-Jazeera Sport to CNN...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Thanks, people. Me and my family are alright. The earthquake was really strong and long. Apart of some things that fell and broke up, everything is fine at home. So far, there are already 129 victims, and the media suggest that we could have over 180. Internet and TV cable have downtimes, but now it seems to be fine.

The streets in Santiago are a mess: a lot of destruction to some buildings, one sector of the airport, a brigde fell down, etc. It seems schools will be closed (children were about to start a new year).
Well, that's everything I know so far. Anyway, thanks for your concern.
Glad you're well and fine Joaquin, it must be hard dealing with what you're going through right now. Hang in there buddy.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
An Island near New Zealand was just hit by Tsunami waves..The Hawaii ones are expected to come later than previously expected.

-CNN

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Now reports that New Zealand was just hit with a Tsunami which was estimated to be at the 12 hour mark. Hawaii is estimated to be hit at the 15 hour mark.

- CNN

That's a bit confusing and probably not entirely accurate as estimating the timing of these things is difficult. Could be more, could be less. Just have to wait and see.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Andy check Fox News, they are showing some footage of a harbor in southern California where the ships/boats are standing on the bare ground since all the water have retreated.

They say California could be hit first! :shocked:

Run Kyle Ruuuun!

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
They are all off to the sea, they can't be effected there while if they stayed they will be crushed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Gerard Fryer of the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said that they tracked an initial Tsunami of about 3 feet heading into Hilo Bay. Second one coming in soon. He's live on air saying another couple of surges of water are on its way. Doesn't appear to be as bad as expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)