Chiellini already gone ! (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Firstly, this deal suggests that Canna for Carrini is almost finalised pending on few minor detail and in this sesne I am very happy. However, selling half of Chiellini's to Viola is very bad idea IMO. Firstly, why not give half of his contract to Udinese and lower Jankulovski's price if we are really after him? Unless Fiorentina offered more than Udinese's valuation, I would find this deal very perlplexing. As far as I know, Pessetto lost his leg a long time ago, a la Conte. Secondly, what has Iluliano, Montero, Tudor, Pessetto has done to deserve a place in our team? Gray is absolutely spot on, we need to get rid of our bunch of dinosaurs than up and coming youngster. I like Capello as a coach but this deal further re-inforces my prejudice against him as a coach who doesnt trust on young players. He hasnt got a great track record of developing players and this deal is definetely taking a step back after a greap leap forward I thought we made by believing in the likes of Olivera and Blasi.
Hell, I want to know if Fiorentina is interested in taking our old-guards. I am sure Moggi would be generous to them.
This is exactly what I'm thinking too....

Get rid of the old guard that have no more talent like Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto..................

May 4, 2004
okey guy's, imo this is very stupied too, but i really think that there is something more behinde this co-ownership with chiellini, i dont think that the juve management can be THAT stupied and selling half of chiellini, theres something more here.. i feel it, i just dont know what...!!!

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
this is also propably means that we are getting JAnkulovski which if happens, we would not need Chellini anymore with ZAmbrotta, Pesotto, and Birindelli can also play in that position...

thats the only thing that could come out of this

Gabor

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Seriously! What the ****?! What do we gain from this... ?!

We have Zambro, Biri and Pessotto as LB, so we don't need Chiellini now. We will buy him back, when he will good enough. :)

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by Gabor ] ++

We have Zambro, Biri and Pessotto as LB, so we don't need Chiellini now. We will buy him back, when he will good enough. :)
    I already prefer Chiellini to Pesotto. He isn't neceassarily better(maybe he already is though), but Chiellini will probably only improve. Pesotto on the other hand will get worse.

Gabor

Aug 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

I already prefer Chiellini to Pesotto. He isn't neceassarily better(maybe he already is though), but Chiellini will probably only improve. Pesotto on the other hand will get worse.

Pessotto is a very good sub. I think, he is the man for the sub-LB position. Chiellini has to play and in this Juve he would play very little.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

lets pull an Adriano :rolleyes:

no defender is going to cost us as much as Adriano cost Inter. By selling half of Chiellini's contract Juve probably got around 2-3 Mil. With that they can pump in an extra little bit to secure the Jankulovski transfer.

Im also sure that Juve must have added certain clauses in Chiellini's contract with Fiorentina which will give us the upper hand if Chiellini needs to be bought back or sold.

There was no way he would play too many games for Juve this season (apart from Coppa Italia). Loaning him out would have cost Juve further - In addition to the 6 mil they paid for him, they would have had to pay some of his salary as well.

Juve know what they are doing.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

no defender is going to cost us as much as Adriano cost Inter. By selling half of Chiellini's contract Juve probably got around 2-3 Mil. With that they can pump in an extra little bit to secure the Jankulovski transfer.

Im also sure that Juve must have added certain clauses in Chiellini's contract with Fiorentina which will give us the upper hand if Chiellini needs to be bought back or sold.

There was no way he would play too many games for Juve this season (apart from Coppa Italia). Loaning him out would have cost Juve further - In addition to the 6 mil they paid for him, they would have had to pay some of his salary as well.

Juve know what they are doing.
    Agree !

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Im sure they know what they are doing, its all about doing business, and Juve has said earlier that Chiellini is an important brick in the future, so they are not gonna loose him.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Kapo and Chiellini are a very bad bargain if we lose them, and as Hun-hide said, Capello does not trust youngsters adn does not work good on them either

If these are what Capelo wants then it is no good.....
    To say that Capello doesnt trust young players and doesnt like to work with them, is plain nuts.

Cassano, De Rossi, D'Agostino, Mancini...

were you following the serie-a recently??

Chiellini is not matured enough to play in Juve right now, he was also a substitute in the Olimpics.

None of us knows the details of the agreement, so it is impossible to decide wheather it is good for us, or not. May the price of buying him back is limited, or if not, just do some maths, and you will see this move is may not that stupid, as it's seems to be.

bought for 6 million total: -6

half sold for 3 million +3 (total: -6+3= -3)

if he performs well, his price can go up to 10-12 million (very maximum)

buying back 6 million (maximum). total: -3- -6= -9

so at the end we got a 12 million worth of player for 9 million, and gaining about another million not to pay his sallary this season, so he coasts us 8 million at the end. total -9+1=8
    So the only risk we take is losing some 2 million euros next year, comparing the original 6 million price, to calculated price of 8.

And he can play much more than he could in Juve, in quite a good team.
    And we get some money for this seasons transfers.

I think we also have to consider, that lots of our players are quite underrated after the bad season, but hopefuly that can change in the upcoming championship. That would mean we can get more money for decent players like Pesotto or Birindelli whose worth no money nowadays.

So for me it is a typical Moggi move, seems to be no sense, but when it comes to counting, he is usually on the gaining side.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Quite frankly, your calculations and analysis makes sence to me, but then again no one knows what Moggi is planning or thinking

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    the worse part of this deal is that he's gone on co-ownership again.why not just loan him if we really want him to play regular football?

that said,we should never have let him go.i we need every new defender we can get,chiellini could've really blossomed here.we all know about moggi and players gone on co-ownership deals.

hopefully we'll get a last minute statement from the club stating we've signed jankulovski before the window closes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)