Chicken ribs-Alessandro Del piero (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
I have a lot of respect for Alex, and he is still my favourite player. But I want the best for Juve, and I don't think Alex can deliver any goods at Juve anymore.

I defended him earlier, hoping that he can be better, as he returned from injury. But from what I saw last night against Milan, Alex just won't do anymore. His time has passed. There are a lot of more hardworking players than Alex, and it would be unfair to them to put Alex in front of them.
As I said earlier, we need a forward.

And Alex should give a captain armband to either Thuram or Zambrotta. They deserve it more than Alex does.
Ummmmm....

You took the words right out of my mouth...........:frown:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I like replying your posts because your the one whom we can debate with not like others...

About Dp's wage you should know that this thing concern Moggi not us the fans..
About the criticize thing, it really became as a routine thing for you to criticize him, i agree his Last match was useless he didn't do anything but why to Blame 1 player, again and again you'll tell me because he's the Captain and bla bla etc, Try to look on the bright side for a while.
The problem is that there is no bright side. :rofl:

Please find the post where I blame everything that has gone wrong so far this season on Del Piero, I'm having trouble finding. I have not blamed Alex for everything this season, I only criticize him. The difference between the two are like night and day.

I think Capello taking Del Piero off at half-time speaks for itself. He substituted a player who is no longer able to contribute to the team. The reason why I criticize Del Piero "again and again" is because he sucks again and again in almost all of the matches he plays. I feel ashamed to have a player who consistantly does nothing match after match play for Juve, barring a few "tap-ins" or penalties to get recognition. What happens if you take away the tap-in goals this season, what are you left with? Absolutely NOTHING. That sums it up rather nicely. I think its time to get over Del Piero people, I did long ago. The reason being it only gets worse from here.

Damn, I wish we still had Miccoli...

About a better Replacement am sure Moggi aint stupid to do it:)..
What? Did you just say Moggi would be stupid to find a replacement? God bless your soul..

Moggi would do everybody a favor by bringing in a replacement for Del Piero. It would spare Alex the embarrassment, not continually starting for Juve. Go out when you are somewhat ahead...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Please find the post where I blame everything that has gone wrong so far this season on Del Piero, I'm having trouble finding. I have not blamed Alex for everything this season, I only criticize him. The difference between the two are like night and day.

I think Capello taking Del Piero off at half-time speaks for itself. He substituted a player who is no longer able to contribute to the team. The reason why I criticize Del Piero "again and again" is because he sucks again and again in almost all of the matches he plays. I feel ashamed to have a player who consistantly does nothing match after match play for Juve, barring a few "tap-ins" or penalties to get recognition. What happens if you take away the tap-in goals this season, what are you left with? Absolutely NOTHING. That sums it up rather nicely. I think its time to get over Del Piero people, I did long ago. The reason being it only gets worse from here.

What? Did you just say Moggi would be stupid to find a replacement? God bless your soul..

Moggi would do everybody a favor by bringing in a replacement for Del Piero. It would spare Alex the embarrassment, not continually starting for Juve. Go out when you are somewhat ahead...
I agree:thumb:

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Hahaha this is hilarious :LOL:

The arguments people use when defending him are so bad you can tell they feel it too.

Cassano > Capitano

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

You haven't seen half of Juve's matches so far this season so you're hardly one to comment on how Alex does nothing match after match after match, and that simply isn't true. He started the season poorly as he was struggling with a tendon problem, but he has done well in most of the games since then except for against Bayern (which was the first game he played after returning), Bologna and Milan.

PS. Only one of Del Piero's 8 goals was from the penalty spot.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
And we'll hardly benefit from the sale of Ale anyways. No-one is going to pay more than 10m for him and he helps the club make more than that in sponsporship deals alone. Bench him until he regains form, it's imo too late to sell him now. If anything wait until he strings a few good games together and ups his value a tad.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
i think that del piero feels comfortable even if he plays bad because he knows that he is loved by many many fans...

i say that juventus supporters as well as del piero fans should gather near juventus building in torino and show their upset and anger because of the way del piero is playing, although it might seem like a joke but this could push del piero to improve..

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
ypu know what is funny, ever since I'm a Juve fan, Del Piero has been a regular in Juve, I have seen Lippi's Juve, Ancelloti's Juve and now Cappello's Juve... all of the 3 coaches have put DP on their starting 11... whats my point?

Well I will tell you... 3 great coaches have coach Juve and all of them believed in Del Piero so much to put him on their starting lineups, and don't tell me that they hadn't choises coz Lippi could have put Miccoli or Zalayeta or even Di Vaio, Ancelloti could have put Kovacevic and Trez (in his time he was a backup) and now Cappelo can put Zalayeta insted of him, but all 3 of them put Del Piero...

In the national team its the same, all the last coaches have call Del Piero and put him responsabilty.

My point is that Del Piero maybe its not the spaectacular player that he was, and probably he never will, but with his bad form and all he has manage to score 5 goals for us this season, in my book, thats a great contribution...

Ok, when Trez gets back use DP has a backup, but to sell him? thats crazy....

Some of you say that we should sell him and get Saviola or Morientes, but you are forgetting that Juventus has a style of playing that is not the same of the teams that this players play in this moments, our style bases in a great defence, why? coz we are in a very defensive league.

Some of you would want to see a attacking Juve, that score more than 3 goals per game, well I have news for you, That its not going to happend, we don't play like that, and with that defensive style of playing nobody could know if a Saviola or a Morientes would perform in the same way that they are actually performing...

Somethimes I feel that the Del Piero haters are Juve fans who always wanted to see Del Piero back to his old form, and since his will never ge back to that, they hate Del Piero for that, and all the time say, "He played like crap" or " we played with 10 men" coz they expect that he plays like he played in his first years, ... so, for those of you... Del Piero will never be that player again, but still he is a great player (its not me who say it, see Lippi comments, Ancelotti comments, Cappelo Comments, Zoff Comments... people who knows about soccer) and can contribute alot to Juve...

Buttom line its...

I don't consider my self a Del Piero lover, I criticese as much of some of you, but if 3 great coaches have put their confidence on him, to starting him and give him the captain brand, if Juventus managment still believes on him so much to keep his high wages, then that could tell you that he still its a great player and still have a lot to give...

But maybe I'm wrong, maybe Liipi was wrong, maybe Lotti was wrong, maybe Cappello is wrong, maybe Moggi is wrong, maybe all these people don't know shit about soccer and you do...

maybe...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

You haven't seen half of Juve's matches so far this season so you're hardly one to comment on how Alex does nothing match after match after match, and that simply isn't true. He started the season poorly as he was struggling with a tendon problem, but he has done well in most of the games since then except for against Bayern (which was the first game he played after returning), Bologna and Milan.
Oh, are you my big brother Stu, knowing excatly what games I have watched thus far?

As a matter a FACT, I have seen all Champions League matches, and about 10 Serie A matches. It's the same match even if you are not seeing it live. So sorry Stu, you're wrong, again, about that one.

Doing well, to me at least, is being involved with the match, making sensible plays with the other attackers. Del Piero was hardly "doing well" in most of the matches. Yes, he had a few tap-ins for goals. So what? He has not created much by himself so far this season. We need a player who can be involved during the match, making runs and constructive passes. Del Piero, sorry to say, is not our man.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
i think that del piero feels comfortable even if he plays bad because he knows that he is loved by many many fans...
You seriously think that? Believe me, Alex wants nothing more than to be one of the world's best again and no-one is as annoyed at him for his performances than himself. How can you think that he feels comfortable when the media give him such a torrid time?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Oh, are you my big brother Stu, knowing excatly what games I have watched thus far?

As a matter a FACT, I have seen all Champions League matches, and about 10 Serie A matches. It's the same match even if you are not seeing it live. So sorry Stu, you're wrong, again, about that one.

Doing well, to me at least, is being involved with the match, making sensible plays with the other attackers. Del Piero was hardly "doing well" in most of the matches. Yes, he had a few tap-ins for goals. So what? He has not created much by himself so far this season. We need a player who can be involved during the match, making runs and constructive passes. Del Piero, sorry to say, is not our man.
Well you told me that you were trying to get Gol TV for Xmas because you didn't have any Serie A coverage, didn't you? If I'm wrong my apologies..

So seeing that you've seen a good set of our games this season, wasn't DP involved in the games against Ajax, Siena, Roma, Lecce, Lazio and others? Aren't his passes more constructive than Zlatan's and Camoranesi's who have been two of our better players? I certainly think so. The Milan match was the worst I've seen Alex in a while now and though Ibrahimovic makes more runs than DP he also loses the ball much more. Given current form Del Piero does NOT deserve to be in the starting line-up, but he hasn't had as bad a season as you say.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003

You seriously think that? Believe me, Alex wants nothing more than to be one of the world's best again and no-one is as annoyed at him for his performances than himself. How can you think that he feels comfortable when the media give him such a torrid time?
The media is a different case, but i remember when del piero was playing a match, he did nothing important in it and at the end he went to cheer his fans in the stadium, they were jumping and yelling del piero's name... this thing makes him feel that he is well supported from his fans whatever his form is..

imagine that del piero is shown a little disappointment by moggi or his lovers, i guess he would feel eager to improve to prove himself again...

his case now is like a boy who is failing in his school and his parents are telling him "its ok, try again" for many many times

and Stuart remember that DP is one of my favorites

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++

But maybe I'm wrong, maybe Liipi was wrong, maybe Lotti was wrong, maybe Cappello is wrong, maybe Moggi is wrong, maybe all these people don't know shit about soccer and you do...

maybe...
Well.. case closed!

I applaud you Espectro.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

The media is a different case, but i remember when del piero was playing a match, he did nothing important in it and at the end he went to cheer his fans in the stadium, they were jumping and yelling del piero's name... this thing makes him feel that he is well supported from his fans whatever his form is..

imagine that del piero is shown a little disappointment by moggi or his lovers, i guess he would feel eager to improve to prove himself again...

his case now is like a boy who is failing in his school and his parents are telling him "its ok, try again" for many many times

and Stuart remember that DP is one of my favorites
As I understand it alot of the players (when playing at home) go to the stands at the end of the game to acknowledge the supporters and thank them for coming. If anything I'd like to think that knowing that you have all of these loyal supporters would encourage you to give more when on the pitch. Del Piero knows what he is capable of and I think he's trying. I'm a footballer myself and for whatever reason sometimes you go out onto the pitch and nothing goes your way. DP is a pro and should be contributing more than he is, but I don't think he's satisfied with what he's doing.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003

As I understand it alot of the players (when playing at home) go to the stands at the end of the game to acknowledge the supporters and thank them for coming. If anything I'd like to think that knowing that you have all of these loyal supporters would encourage you to give more when on the pitch. Del Piero knows what he is capable of and I think he's trying. I'm a footballer myself and for whatever reason sometimes you go out onto the pitch and nothing goes your way. DP is a pro and should be contributing more than he is, but I don't think he's satisfied with what he's doing.
yes he isn't satisfied with how he's playing and i hope he improves.....

btw, i was thinking that all these threads attacking del piero's performance were created after milan- juve match and in fact no one in juve did well last match, there is time for him to regain his quality in the next matches...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Well you told me that you were trying to get Gol TV for Xmas because you didn't have any Serie A coverage, didn't you? If I'm wrong my apologies..
Yes, I am going to get GOL TV for Christmas. However, I have been able to watch most of the matches because of the UEFA.com Action package, links from soccerstreams and other websites, and also Bit Torrent.

So seeing that you've seen a good set of our games this season, wasn't DP involved in the games against Ajax, Siena, Roma, Lecce, Lazio and others? Aren't his passes more constructive than Zlatan's and Camoranesi's who have been two of our better players? I certainly think so. The Milan match was the worst I've seen Alex in a while now and though Ibrahimovic makes more runs than DP he also loses the ball much more. Given current form Del Piero does NOT deserve to be in the starting line-up, but he hasn't had as bad a season as you say.
There was nothing special in the Ajax match except for a few good moves in the first half. Siena was possibly his best match of the season, but I do not agree with you about the others, barring Roma because I did not see that one.

I have said this time and time again, Zlatan is more of a force than Del Piero. Zlatan has made far more goals than Alex, and has about 8 "assists" to only the one I saw from Del Piero. You want a list of matches in which Del Piero has not "done well"? All the Champions League matches except for the last one, which did not matter. In the Serie A, Reggina, Palermo, Fiorentina, Bologna, and now Milan are the most noteble matches. That sounds pretty bad to me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

It's useless debating with you:)

Am sure you'll improve by time;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
ypu know what is funny, ever since I'm a Juve fan, Del Piero has been a regular in Juve, I have seen Lippi's Juve, Ancelloti's Juve and now Cappello's Juve... all of the 3 coaches have put DP on their starting 11... whats my point?

Well I will tell you... 3 great coaches have coach Juve and all of them believed in Del Piero so much to put him on their starting lineups, and don't tell me that they hadn't choises coz Lippi could have put Miccoli or Zalayeta or even Di Vaio, Ancelloti could have put Kovacevic and Trez (in his time he was a backup) and now Cappelo can put Zalayeta insted of him, but all 3 of them put Del Piero...

In the national team its the same, all the last coaches have call Del Piero and put him responsabilty.

My point is that Del Piero maybe its not the spaectacular player that he was, and probably he never will, but with his bad form and all he has manage to score 5 goals for us this season, in my book, thats a great contribution...

Ok, when Trez gets back use DP has a backup, but to sell him? thats crazy....

Some of you say that we should sell him and get Saviola or Morientes, but you are forgetting that Juventus has a style of playing that is not the same of the teams that this players play in this moments, our style bases in a great defence, why? coz we are in a very defensive league.

Some of you would want to see a attacking Juve, that score more than 3 goals per game, well I have news for you, That its not going to happend, we don't play like that, and with that defensive style of playing nobody could know if a Saviola or a Morientes would perform in the same way that they are actually performing...

Somethimes I feel that the Del Piero haters are Juve fans who always wanted to see Del Piero back to his old form, and since his will never ge back to that, they hate Del Piero for that, and all the time say, "He played like crap" or " we played with 10 men" coz they expect that he plays like he played in his first years, ... so, for those of you... Del Piero will never be that player again, but still he is a great player (its not me who say it, see Lippi comments, Ancelotti comments, Cappelo Comments, Zoff Comments... people who knows about soccer) and can contribute alot to Juve...

Buttom line its...

I don't consider my self a Del Piero lover, I criticese as much of some of you, but if 3 great coaches have put their confidence on him, to starting him and give him the captain brand, if Juventus managment still believes on him so much to keep his high wages, then that could tell you that he still its a great player and still have a lot to give...

maybe...
Yes, You forget to Add Maradona, Platini, Maldini are the Wrong and some members here Are right, am sure they know about football more then the Real Fans..

Espectro, I Salut you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)