Chicken ribs-Alessandro Del piero (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Criticising someone is completely different to what many people here do.
I treat all players in relation to what is expected of them. Zlatan is playing in his first year at Juve, and has already become our best striker. So since he is basically a new guy who has settled in nicely, there is not much reason to criticize him, except for how he holds on to the ball for too long. Del Piero is our Captain, our highest paid player.....supposedly our "Symbol" of the Club. Should this player be a force, one of our best players? Of course. However his performances are that of player who is washed up and could be easily outdone by average Serie A or Serie B forwards. He deserves the criticisim he gets, because Alex could be our most underperforming player. Actually he takes that title, no question. The sooner we find a replacement, the better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

He scored over 40 goals between 2001 and 2003 playing very well in those seasons so don't come with that shit again. Knowing you your response will be: "How many of those goals were penalties?"
And how many were penalties? Do you remember the season he score 11 goalss, all from penalties?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Then treat him as a fvcking well average player then! If you know that he's not capable of what he used to be, why do you expect so much of him? He's my hero and I love him to death, but when you say he is only average, as hard as it is for me to take, I have to admit and accept it, so why does he get so much stick when he puts in average performances? And is it fair to blame him for what he's paid?
Exactly. Take Euro 2004 for an example:

Everyone was expecting Totti to lead Italy to glory. Then Totti SPIT and got thrown out of the tournament. Who was Italy's scapegoat at the end? That's right Alessandro Del Piero, who wasn't the guy we were expecting to do something. So whereas Italian media should have crucified Totti back then instead of Ale and Trapattoni, we shouldn't bash Ale right now.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

And how many were penalties? Do you remember the season he score 11 goalss, all from penalties?
Oh please. Do you play football, Zlatan? It takes a lot of guts to take a penalty, so we should thank God we have someone who isn't afraid of taking them and scores.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I treat all players in relation to what is expected of them. Zlatan is playing in his first year at Juve, and has already become our best striker. So since he is basically a new guy who has settled in nicely, there is not much reason to criticize him, except for how he holds on to the ball for too long. Del Piero is our Captain, our highest paid player.....supposedly our "Symbol" of the Club. Should this player be a force, one of our best players? Of course. However his performances are that of player who is washed up and could be easily outdone by average Serie A or Serie B forwards. He deserves the criticisim he gets, because Alex could be our most underperforming player. Actually he takes that title, no question. The sooner we find a replacement, the better.
Re-read my post. Of course Del Piero deserves criticism, all players do when they don't play well, that's a given, but some people on this forum take it too far.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Wtf does that season have to do with 2001-2003? You do know what we're talking about, don't you?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Exactly. Take Euro 2004 for an example:

Everyone was expecting Totti to lead Italy to glory. Then Totti SPIT and got thrown out of the tournament. Who was Italy's scapegoat at the end? That's right Alessandro Del Piero, who wasn't the guy we were expecting to do something. So whereas Italian media should have crucified Totti back then instead of Ale and Trapattoni, we shouldn't bash Ale right now.
Yep. Del Piero's Euro 2004 was admittedly negative but even though he was better than others and even though he wasn't the man expected to lead the NT to the latter stages of the tournament he still found himself on the receiving end of more bashing. He is ALWAYS the scapegoat and when he does do well like he did in 01-02 and 02-03 his achievements are completely overlooked.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

You do realise that some of the world's best players miss penalties, right? We should be glad that we have a reliable spot kick taker.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

GROW UP,

i wont mention the worlclass players whom have been scoring alot more in Penalties.. oh i forgot Alex scored up till now 8, you'll tell me now YES but He scored 1 from PENALTY AGAINST SAMPDORIA,

bullsh!t

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Oh please. Do you play football, Zlatan? It takes a lot of guts to take a penalty, so we should thank God we have someone who isn't afraid of taking them and scores.
I'd like to see mr. Zlatan's reaction when he watched Dp taking the PENALTY in CL Finals 2 seasons ago..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I like replying your posts because your the one whom we can debate with not like others...

About Dp's wage you should know that this thing concern Moggi not us the fans..
About the criticize thing, it really became as a routine thing for you to criticize him, i agree his Last match was useless he didn't do anything but why to Blame 1 player, again and again you'll tell me because he's the Captain and bla bla etc, Try to look on the bright side for a while.

About a better Replacement am sure Moggi aint stupid to do it:)..

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004

That's funny. I play football and the last time I missed a penalty was 3 years ago. Penalties are easy. Let the keeper decide where to go, then kick it the other way.

You know, if Del boy was some random player that was getting a shot at Juve, he wouldn't be playing at all. We would have Kapo as our sub striker, Zala and Zlatan up front (until we got the next Italian phenom).

Remember guys, Del boy WAS great. Now, he's below mediocre. If it makes you feel better, I think that he's given Juve some great years of Football. :rolleyes:

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
to be classified as great, u need to be consistent week in, week out. over the years ive seen *flashes* of brilliance, but never the consistency to be called great. Hes part of the golden juve who have won many scudettos and champions league. This is maybe why he was rated so highly by juve fans around the world. But, where a player is classified as world class (national tournaments), he has flopped out of all 5 hes been in. Scoring a measly 2 goals and 2 assists, and performences that wernt worthy of a juventus player.

And of ofcourse there is good old Adidas. Where they turn players into gods. Adidas overate players like it goes out of fashion!

day walker

Sep 20, 2004
thats how we treat our captin after what he done to juve
i m really sorry to hear this words form u guys
and what national team u all talk about do u they all sucks the we should blame totti not alex and u all should know he score for the national team more than vieri , inzag and totti
do u expect from delpiero to win the world cup or the uefa 2004 alone
he scored 5 goals in seria A tell now and he didn' play well and he didn't paly all matches 2 he didn't paly at least 5 games and maybe more
so what he will do when palys well
u don't deserve to be juve fans because juve fans must support every player in this team not only del piero
so don't talk about del piero like this again
there is no player love juventus like he do [ because if he don't he would simply leave the club alonge time ago ]
so plz don't give up on alex
cause he will remain the best player played for juve

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

You do realise that some of the world's best players miss penalties, right? We should be glad that we have a reliable spot kick taker.
Yes, you're right, I'm glad we have someone that wont miss a penalty that would see us go through from the CL quarterfinals.

*cough* Deportivo *cough*

day walker

Sep 20, 2004
don't u all think i said that because i love him
no i m so mad at him right now but u should not talk about him like that
al nabe3o 2all danto koloko 7amer we walaad kalb
3laya el na3ma anto batfakarony be gamheer el zamalek [ kolhom walad matnaka]

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

That's funny. I play football and the last time I missed a penalty was 3 years ago. Penalties are easy. Let the keeper decide where to go, then kick it the other way.

when was the last time you shot a penalty and somebody's millions of dollars depended on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)