chelsea interested in trezguet (19 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
--------------Buffon
Mancini-Thuram-Canna-Zambro
---Camo-Emerson-Mozart
----Zlatan-Trez-Cassano

:thumb:

--------------Buffon
---Camo-Emerson-Nedved
----Zlatan-Gila-Cassano

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++

--------------Buffon
---Camo-Emerson-Nedved
----Zlatan-Gila-Cassano

hmmm.. i like the attack, but i really dont think we will get Gila, but, that can happend if we SELL Trez, to chelsea :)

anyway, about nedved, hmmm? i really dont know, if he can still play at a high level then why not.. :)

Forza Juventus !

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We all know, Gila wont be coming, If Moggi really wanted him, he would be wearing our Jersey right now, So getting rid of Trezeguet would be a mistake IMO!

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
We all know, Gila wont be coming, If Moggi really wanted him, he would be wearing our Jersey right now, So getting rid of Trezeguet would be a mistake IMO!
u will never know with moggi bro :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
We all know that Moggi tries to manipulate the press and public with his statements but I do believe he was telling the truth when he said that in order to buy Juve need to sell first. If we sell Trezeguet for a hefty sum a number of new options could open up for us. I don't know if making such drastic changes is a good idea but if we got 20m for Trez and a total of about 30m for Legrottaglie, Tudor, Blasi, Appiah, Maresca, Miccoli and Zalayeta we would have the resources necessary to swoop for Gilardino, Cassano and Vieira.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Juventus say they have turned down an approach from Chelsea for striker David Trezeguet, while revealing Patrick Vieira is on their wanted list.

The Italian giants are looking to bolster their side after winning Serie A last season, but they have no intention of funding moves by cashing in on their big names.

General manager Luciano Moggi has revealed that big-spending Chelsea have been in contact trying to broker a deal for French forward Trezeguet, but their advances were rebuffed.

"Effectively for Trezeguet there has been a discussion with Chelsea, this is true," Moggi is quoted as saying in the Italian press.

"But we told them our champions are not on sale. Emerson, Trezeguet and Buffon remain here."

Chelsea are known to be looking for a new striker, with Hernan Crespo looking likely to remain with Milan next season.

OP

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #109
    i cant understand why we rejected 40 million euro bid from chelsea i just hope chelsea make 50 million euro bid for trez and we sell him to sign gila and other players

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
    Oct 20, 2004
    i think we agreed with milan ....they can take Gila and we can take Cassano ... if else....really we could sell him quickly with that sum. and look how negotiations are gone...milan won't try to touch Cassano and Juve won't touch Gila....so ....Trez is enough i think ....where is my dream to snatch Gila instead...or....Moggi think otherwise:confused:

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
    Juve set sights on Gunner Vieira

Juventus have admitted that they want to sign Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira. The Italian champions have rejected a £30m approach from Chelsea for striker David Trezeguet, 27, and are instead intent on strengthening their squad.

To that end, Juve managing director Luciano Moggi has identified Vieira, 29, as a potential summer target.

"What we want is a midfield partner for Emerson - and our wish is to buy Vieira if Arsenal are willing to sell," Moggi is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"Obviously, they will not let him go cheaply as he is a magnificent, winning midfielder but if Arsenal are willing to do business, we'd buy him tomorrow."

Chelsea turned to Trezeguet - Juve's third-choice frontman behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alessandro Del Piero - after failing to lure Samuel Eto'o or Andrei Shevchenko from Barcelona and AC Milan respectively.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho continued his search after both Didier Drogba and Mateja Kezman failed to impress last season, despite Chelsea's Premiership title triumph.

But Moggi dismissed the approach out of hand.

If he wants to go this would be the right time for him and the club, we are awash with good midfielders

"They made a formal offer for Trezeguet but none of our 'champion' players is for sale," he said.

As Juventus claimed they had rejected an approach from Chelsea for Trezeguet, Mourinho was admitting it was becoming more difficult to sign top stars, even with Roman Abramovich's financial firepower.

He told Portuguese children's programme Morangos com Acucar (Strawberries with Sugar): "It is very difficult for Chelsea to sign players because the team is already good and great clubs want to keep their best players.

"In the last three years, I said I was going to win the league and I didn't miss and probably there are a lot of people who are waiting for that moment. But I suspect I will win it again next year."
    From bbc.co.uk/sport

Usually v reliable...

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
    I know that Trezegol is one of the best finishers in the world(getting 9 goals in 14 matches - in an off season aswell)...

But as injury prone as he is,£30 m seems like a very reasonable offer... This isnt his first injury ravaged season either- in 2002/2003? he was out with a shoulder & ankle injury.It is maybe the best time to part ways with Trez,especially since he isnt getting any younger...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)