Champions Youth Cup (5-19 August) (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
im telling you guys this game was so effing awesome. emotions were running really high.inter was badly jeered and taunted. (ok i admit i was one of those people. sorry but i really dont like inter!) , and juventus played so well and they had this fantastic fighting spirit

unlike vs psg and barca, juve turned on the heat and they were so confident. this game had everything - AYUB scored a fantastic goal, pasquato scored another, inter missed a penalty (our keeper merlano has been fantastic throughout this tournament, very reminiscent of buffon no shit!) and federici got sent off (he had to pass us when he went into the tunnel so... he got badly jeered at)

and when the game ended the team was so happy and it was hard fought well deserved victory . vs barca although we went through they werent so happy because they didnt play so well and i think they were gonna get screwed by chiarenza. but this game had a juve victory written all over it.

juves defence has been great w bassoule and bamba. bassoule is very like thuram when he was in juve . hpefully we can all contain aubemayang, and win vs milan. daaaaamn.

whew!

Aug 1, 2003
www.juventus.com

Youth Sector - 15 Aug 2007 - 6:07 PM

Youth team: bring on AC Milan

And in the end Vincenzo Chiarenza gave us another masterpiece. The umpteenth match against Internazionale ended in triumph yet again. On foreign soil this time, after so many victories in Italy (two Italian Cup finals and a Super Cup to name but few). The Bianconeri beat the Nerazzurri 2-0 in the quarter finals of the Champions Youth Cup in Kuala Lampur: one goal in each half, one by Daud and the other by Pasquato, proved decisive, as was a penalty kick by Slavkovski saved by Merlano. The semifinal will be against Filippo Galli's AC Milan, on Friday the 17th, in Kuala Lampur again, at 8.40 pm local time (2.40 pm in Italy).

It truly was a masterpiece because the boys played so well, always on the attack from the start, and they practically never had any problems at the back, apart from a couple of Inter counter-attacks. Up front, Pasquato, Daud and Dantoni were always a danger. After a Daud shot had been saved and a Dantoni header had gone just a few inches wide, on 28 minutes Juventus finally scored. Daud was the star this time; he scored with a great left footer in the top corner, impossible for Tornaghi to save. In the second half, it was up to Esposito's team to attack and try and level the score. But Juventus were the ones who scored, after 10 minutes, again thanks to a shot from outside the penalty area, this time by Pasquato. As the strikers at last started scoring (Juventus had only scored once in the first three matches), the back four proved to be unassailable again. When the defenders failed, Merlano was there. Just one minute after the second goal, Inter could have got back into the game when the referee awarded them a penalty, but Juventus' number one saved Slavkovski's effort. After that, it was all about Chiarenza's boys, who went close to getting the third goal twice, first with Esposito, who hit the post, and then with sub Bottone missing in front of Tornaghi, who had ran out towards him.

The end result was 2-0 and Internazionale ended the match with ten men (Federici was booked twice and sent off). Juventus thoroughly deserved to qualify for the next round. Having sent one team from Milan home, now it's time to try to do the same with the other: the semi-final with AC Milan is the next hurdle. Some Bianconeri have already showed their class against the Rossoneri: especially Daud, who scored two goals against them in the Final of the 2007 Beppe Viola Trophy in Arco di Trento.

Aug 1, 2003
stupid effing referee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was horrible

it was sad to see the milan boys cry . but anyway, i congratulated each and everyone in the juve team, gonna watch their light training tmrw

the game vs milan was so pressuring towards the end

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
stupid effing referee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was horrible

it was sad to see the milan boys cry . but anyway, i congratulated each and everyone in the juve team, gonna watch their light training tmrw

the game vs milan was so pressuring towards the end
Gotta love the way Merlano saved us in the end when Aubameyang (sp?) broke our offside trap.

Aug 1, 2003
i know. merlano has been superb throughout this tournament, we call him "gigi merlano" lol. i congratulated him the most.oh, was in the lift last night w him and pinsoglio. kinky eh

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
damn, our defence seems pretty stong, i saw the match juve vs barca what a match it was and omerlano saved a damn good save from a volly...i hope boum have learned something from them...they can decide the future of juve...FORZA JUVE i hope we win the final..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Juventus’ green starlets beat Milan to set up a Champions Youth Cup Final against Manchester United.

The inaugural edition of the CYC will be assigned on Sunday at the National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur.

The Bianconeri saw off fellow Italians Milan 2-1 in the semi-final, as Simone Esposito broke through after 16 minutes and Christian Pasquato converted a penalty before the break.

Pierre Aubameyang – the younger brother of first team striker Willy Aubameyang – got his side back into it at the 57th, but Juve held on for the victory despite seeing Bassaoulè sent off.

Milan will now challenge for third place with Flamengo, who were defeated 2-1 by Manchester United in the other semi-final thanks to a couple of Sam Hewson headers.

To reach the Final, Juventus held Qatar and Barcelona to a 0-0 draw, beat Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 and Inter 2-0 in the quarter-final.

“When you win and get closer to your goal, you cannot help but be happy,” said Bianconeri Primavera boss Vincenzo Chiarenza.

“We are growing with each game and the lads are charged up both in terms of morale and motivation. We have only conceded one goal here on a close-range tap-in and are really going well upfront, too.”

Juventus hope to lift the first ever CYC – a sort of World Cup for club youth teams.

“I saw Manchester play today and they are a typically English side. They pass the ball around well and often look for the by-line to put in crosses. They are an excellent squad, like every team that took part in this tournament.”

bianconeri-10

May 16, 2007
very glad to see Juventus juniors playing so well, only can mean good things for our future!!! also love the fact that we have a really good keeper and people are calling him gigi Merlano

Forza Juve for the final

Aug 1, 2003
fcking ref sent off our best defender vs milan so bassoule wont get to play :(

met em just now after their light training, rampulla gave us goodies whee. lol. nyway told the team officials there'll be a lot of mu fans (malaysia's crowd fav. bah) and so hopefully the boys will be brave, and we'll try to make a lot of noise for juve.

we can win this, juve!!! grrrr.

Jun 13, 2007
Ive been watching this tournament and ive been impressed by pasquato and mirlano a lot . Now esposito also seems like an interesting prospect . It's great juve have given so much attention to its youth teams .

Aug 1, 2003
pasquato and esposito are very talented, but pasquato tends to dribble a lot (at times when he shouldnt) and can be a bit selfish, he should learn how to pass the ball. ayub has been fantastic as well but he was mightily contained by the milan defence in the previous game. i like vecchione a lot too, but he can be a bit slow. i particularly like our back four, bamba, bassoule, ariaudo, and duravia. bassoule is grand. and merlano is our mini buffon, he's saved our butts so many times ive lost count. dantoni - our striker - his size is a good advantage when it comes to set pieces.

i think the final depends a lot on our midfield. the first 3 games they were practically non existent and we were outplayed. chiarenza made a mistake once of playing vecchione on the sides, he cant play there, he must play at the centre of midfield.

today's the final. i R E A L L Y hope we win this. cmon juveeeeeeeeee.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #99
    United and Juventus battle for coveted Cup

PETALING JAYA: The Champions Youth Cup finale is set to be an explosive affair between Manchester United and Juventus at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil tonight (8.40pm).

After 12 days of competition, the English and Italian sides will battle it out for supremacy in this first-of-a-kind meet, which involves 16 youth teams from Asia, Latin America and Europe.

United have come out tops with their fast attacking brand of play to eliminate Boca Juniors, FC Porto, Barcelona and even the Samba boys of Flamengo (2-1) in the semi-finals.

Juventus have also been impressive, particularly their defensive record of having conceded only one goal in five games. Then they beat their Italian counterparts AC Milan 2-1 in the semi-finals.

United, who went down to Inter Milan (1-2) in the group stages, will be banking on their polished artillery upfront led by Fabian Brandy, Michael Barnes and Sam Hewson to click tonight.

Coach Andrew Welsh said they also have a seasoned hand in skipper Kieran Lee who has also played in the Premiership with the senior United team.

Juventus coach Chiarenza Vincenzo said he is a huge fan of British football and expects an open game in their showdown with United tonight.

“These are two different schools of football and we can expect a cracking match,” said Vincenzo.

The only setback for Juventus is that their regular central back - Burkina Faso Under-20 international - Bassaoule Yobie will have to sit out on suspension.

But Vincenzo said they have an equally strong replacement in Davide Borin for the final.

The third and fourth place playoff match could be just as exciting with Flamengo taking on AC Milan in an earlier match at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil at 6.45pm.

The Star

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)