[Champions League] Juventus vs Zenit ( 17th September , 2008) (1 Viewer)

Juve's MOM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not as much as luck, and being decisive imo. How many matches we've seen where teams that were superior lost to other teams because of lack of luck or that fininshing touch, or losing concentration?

that's the thing up cup tournaments. It's not always about who's the best team, or the most dominant, it's about who's going to score that winning goal, and who's on form for that match.
Yes, hitting form at the right time is a huge factor.
Milan under Ancelotti are a team that plays awful until March. But when in March the others start falling, Milan were still in excellent condition. These tactics will get you nowhere in a league where you need consistency, but will bring you success in tournaments where your form in the last 2-3 months is what counts.
Capello's Juve was the oposite of Ancelotti's Milan.
But this has to do more with the preparations than with luck.

Luck is another factor in winning the CL, i agree with this also.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Lippi's teams also peaked late season. Under Lippi we had the tendency to play catch-up late season and hit top form in europe. Capello's team's peaked too early, but it made us keep top-spot in Serie A much more easily.

Sep 1, 2002
We do not have the players to win a competition this season, but we can start to remind the world and top class players just who Juve are.

Those believing it will be different if Gio plays, or Moli doesn't are fooling themselves.

DP won't get another gift from a goalkeeper this season, probably.

Sep 14, 2003
I hope that there are others, good juve fans here, who are sick of these narrow-minded opinions from guys who are getting paid thousands to tell me about football?!?! I would split their wages amongst all you guys, becuase this is where I learn about football.
Richard Keys, in previewing the games last night, said Juve finished 3rd in La Liga.

They're a complete joke and the biggest wanker of them all, Andy Grey, wasn't even there.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
We do not have the players to win a competition this season, but we can start to remind the world and top class players just who Juve are.

Those believing it will be different if Gio plays, or Moli doesn't are fooling themselves.

DP won't get another gift from a goalkeeper this season, probably.
in principles i agree, however i don´t think there is another player who even considered to tryit from 35 metres and of course who has the brillance of DP, that is why it was a masterpiece, but again the goalkeeper wasn´t at his best at that moment.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
We were atrocious, nevertheless, definetely the greatest thing ever. I watched the match and here some very honest, personal player ratings:

Buffon: 7,5 Despite all their chances, he never looked like being beaten. Made a great save in the second half to keep us alive and looked professional throughout. I think goal.com said it best 'Juve are so lucky to have him'.

Molinaro: 4,5 Just nothing. Pure nothingness. He has great pace, but nothing to do with it. The era of De Ceglie has begun.

Legrotaglie: 7 Deserves some credit for keeping them out. He isn't perfect and I thought he was caught out a few times positionally. His effort and his tackles were important thought and also won everything in the air.

Chiellini: 8 I thought the Zenit forwards were pulling him out of position at times, hee is so strong though, he wins every challenge. He is the new symbol of Juve, his heart and determination and pure ability is the way we play. Just a beast on the night.

Grygera: 8,5 Superb. Honestly brilliant on the night. Won so many challenges and did so much running. I feared for him tonight, but he really produced and for all the criticism we give him when he does wrong, he deserves a lot of praise tonight. He added so much to how solid we were.

Nedved: 6 Just did not give us the performance we expected. You could see how nervous he was. Hopefully now we have won and debuted again he will calm down, but when Camo went off I expected him to step up and it didn't happen. He is a legend of this team, no question, and I hope to see him blast back to form.

Poulsen: 6 Good defensive positions, but just didn't offer anything else tonight. Momo was making the tackles, so Poulsen should have played some good passes or carried the ball forward. He's been good of late, but he seemed content sitting in the defensive midfiled position when we need someone to carry it forward. In fairness, maybe we needed to make sure we did not concede but we just don't have enough creativity in the centre of the park.

Momo: 7 Just a pain for them all night. He must be such a bitch to play against. Could not offer anytihng going forward but his tackles and committment were terrific. He had no positional sense, just ran man-to-man chasing the ball. It was contageous, he has really tightened us up in the middle of the park and, at least defensively, was great tonight.

Camo: 6 Just did not make enough of an impression as Zenit were defending tough. Without him though, and especially no giovinco, we have nothing to offer creatively. Massively missed when he came off.

Brazzo: 5 Long aimless balls and crazy tackles. Runs like nobody else though and to some extent effort must be appreciated.

Trezeguet: 5 Can only be effective in a team that is creating chances. Not his fault at all tonight. One decent ball in the middle may have sufficed. We just didn; produce it.

Del Piero: 8,5 Had moments of brilliance and then nothing. Also played some poor crosses if we are honest. His talent made him shine brighter than anything else on the pitch though. Some lovely trickery and the Zenit forwards could not deal with him. Then that moment, that glorious moment, just utterly superb. An amazing free-kick by a special man who deserved that moment.

De Ceglie: 6,5 Could not get forward as much as we could have hoped, but filled in well defensively and made himself known. He is better defensively than we think. He did enough tonight to win the starting position.

Amauri: n/a CR messed up by not putting him on earlier. If we are only playing long-balls, then he is our only striker who can control them and hold it up. Was lively when he came on and nearly created another goal. For even just a few minutes, did a great job for us.

Ok, that my ratings love em or hate em. Now i have to share something with my fellow Juve fans and I feel even a topic should be opened on this. Those idiotic sky (english) pundits. Hoddle, Gullit, Souness and Richard Keys. Talking about the Juve game they said:

- Juve would not challenge an English team and did not impress enough ( Despite the fact we had just beat a team that PUMPED manure).

- Del Piero, and get this, must have COPIED ronaldo's technique at hitting freekicks and the keeper was at fault. (OUTRAGEOUS, del was hittin those freekicks when ronaldo was playing kick-ups in madeira) If rooney had hit that free-kick, they would have sucked him off and called him the greatest.

-An all-english final definetely. Maybe true, maybe not. But on the evidence of that night when we beat one of the best teams in europe and inter thrash panathanaikos, contrasting with manure unable to win at home and arsenal are LUCKY to draw with Kiev the claim was a little premature and dare i say, a teeny weeny bit OUTRAGEOUDLY BIASED.

I hope that there are others, good juve fans here, who are sick of these narrow-minded opinions from guys who are getting paid thousands to tell me about football?!?! I would split their wages amongst all you guys, becuase this is where I learn about football.
exactly, souness is the most negative person i have ever seen, total shite, altjhough all my friends agreebeing epl fans. but i did agree with hoddle a bit, i dont know if we can really challenge but certainly have a better shot than they make out. in the end who gives a shit what those idiots think? souness was terrible at newcastle, gullitt puff, and hoddle sums it all up when he said that all disabled people are being punished for previos life sins.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Richard Keys, in previewing the games last night, said Juve finished 3rd in La Liga.

They're a complete joke and the biggest wanker of them all, Andy Grey, wasn't even there.
How many of you caught the Champions League Highlight Show on ESPN where they showed Del Piero's goal and in the lower third of the screen listed the stadium as "Stadio Olimpico - Rome, Italy" :howler:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

How many of you caught the Champions League Highlight Show on ESPN where they showed Del Piero's goal and in the lower third of the screen listed the stadium as "Stadio Olimpico - Rome, Italy" :howler:
Shameful.

You know, we should start a thread with all the horrendous mistakes/retarded opinions of Premiership presenters or so-called "football analysts." I hear absurd stuff from those folk every week, and I live in the US. I can only imagine the amount of tosh and idiocy we'd come across if we made a thread simply for ridiculing these freaks.

Or better yet, devote a whole website to condemning these morons and their "opinions."

Aug 1, 2003
They can't seem to get it right.. The Australian commentator and talk show host BOTH referred to Juve's stadium as Delle Alpi for the game vs Zenit. I wrote them an email about it, don't know how effective that'll be but these people really should start getting their facts straight.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Feel free to fuck off.
Even though the free-kick was perfectly executed, the fault entirely lays on the GK. You don't concede a goal from 35m, in your side. I'm not trying to take anything away from DP but that's just football common sense.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Even though the free-kick was perfectly executed, the fault entirely lays on the GK. You don't concede a goal from 35m, in your side. I'm not trying to take anything away from DP but that's just football common sense.
he moved to his left, then to his right and then a useless dive to the left, all when DP was taking the kick... i think he was expecting it to be curled... he obviously hadn't seen any of DPs earlier kicks from way out... even if his positioning was right i don't think he would have been able to save that shot, coz the shot was completely unexpected...
first i thot DP was going to cross it in... then i thot, this is Alex we are talking about here, hes going for goal... and voila not only did he go for goal he got it too... we can go on and on about the goal keepers postioning but we can't take away the fact that it was a brilliant free kick... it was brilliant to even try to strike it from that distance... to make it was incredible...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

he moved to his left, then to his right and then a useless dive to the left, all when DP was taking the kick... i think he was expecting it to be curled... he obviously hadn't seen any of DPs earlier kicks from way out... even if his positioning was right i don't think he would have been able to save that shot, coz the shot was completely unexpected...
first i thot DP was going to cross it in... then i thot, this is Alex we are talking about here, hes going for goal... and voila not only did he go for goal he got it too... we can go on and on about the goal keepers postioning but we can't take away the fact that it was a brilliant free kick... it was brilliant to even try to strike it from that distance... to make it was incredible...
Like I said, the keepers fault. And I didn't say the kick wasn't brilliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)