[Champions League] Juventus vs Zenit ( 17th September , 2008) (2 Viewers)

Juve's MOM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Credit to Zenit for the way they play. It's a very strong team that can beat ANY team in the world.
My MOM was Del Piero but if that shot didn't go in, my MOM would have been Tymoshchuk. That guy was everywhere. He alone was doing the job Sissoko and Poulsen were doing for us, and, bar the last 5-10 minutes when Sissoko was great, Tymo won more balls than both our DM's together.
The Ukrainian was frustrating me all match long with his (perfect) tackles.

Just imagine a Sissoko-Tymo combo, with 2 great attacking midfielders in front of them. :shocked:
Tymoschuck or whatever his name is said that he rejected Juve because "the chances to win something national and international are higher with Zenit".

http://www.calciomercatonews.com/de...11407&TotalePagine=1141&maxRecordPerPagina=10

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
Credit to Zenit for the way they play. It's a very strong team that can beat ANY team in the world.
My MOM was Del Piero but if that shot didn't go in, my MOM would have been Tymoshchuk. That guy was everywhere. He alone was doing the job Sissoko and Poulsen were doing for us, and, bar the last 5-10 minutes when Sissoko was great, Tymo won more balls than both our DM's together.
The Ukrainian was frustrating me all match long with his (perfect) tackles.

Just imagine a Sissoko-Tymo combo, with 2 great attacking midfielders in front of them. :shocked:
That is so true. He marshalled so well.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Pavel tells it like it is. That's the bottom line, we were too tense and this game had a huge psychological barrier. There's no need to call on the apocalypse because of this match.

It was visible on most of the players, especially on Molinaro(well not much of an excuse because he plain sucks), but most of all on our midfield duo, Sissoko and Poulsen. Sissoko got his act together though and actually was one of our best players on the pitch at the end, alongside Alex, but Poulsen was visibly fazed by the importance of the match and the competition. He made some amateur mistakes and his long range passing was below par. Not to mention the loss of Camoranesi early in the game...when you think about it we held out pretty well without our most important player in the midfield.

We should just how compact and strong in the midfield we are in the first two games of Serie A. We moved a lot and created a lot of chances. Those two matches were no coincedence, this match was. Because of the psychological barrier for some of our key players and because of a great and highly motivated opponent. They were highly agressive and their midfielders simply choked us, it was incredible to watch how a team defends and attacks all together from start to finish. There are no individuals there, everyone works as a unit, even the star player Arshavin goes back to defend. Quite impressive IMO.

I'll admit I had underestimated Zenit, they are great team with incredible physical strength and fantastic individuals. Yesterday I expected more from Arshavin but luckily for us he didn't cause too many troubles. I was really impressed by Pogrebnyak, that guy is a bull and outmuscled pretty much everyone that he got in a duel with. But when I said there's no chance of us not qualifying, this is what I meant. Zenit can trouble us, cost us points, but at the end we have a clear advantage over them; experience and mental strength in such competitons. That's what's gonna get us through in this group; our selected individuals; Gigi, Ale, Nedved, Camo, Trez. Zenit are a young team, even though they're extremely talented, you need experience to go through in the CL. They don't have that.

Out of the match, I think you only need to single out 3 players; Chiellini, Ale and Sissoko.

Chiellini is on par with Cannavaro. From me, that's the highest praise a CB can get. He's amazing, there's no other way of putting it. Always on the right place, great in heading, tackling, doesn't make stupid fouls and clears the ball with ease. We have a jewel in our defense for years to come.

Sissoko, didn't function as well as the first two games with Poulsen, but at the end of it he really impressed. Great solo runs, though he sometimes overdoes himself, but most of all....work rate. This guy can run for 180minutes straight, without loosing a breath. The way he takes the ball from the opponent is sublime, he made an art out of it. I had goosebump everytime he won the ball and the whole stadium cheered on him. I love the guy, I really do, he's my MOM with Ale.

Alex...our national TV was showing the match yesterday and pretty much everyone was watching it. Believe me when I say, all of my high-school friends who either hated or loved him, were sms-ing me throughout the game. In a nutshell, the messages were; "kakva carcina!". Translated means "what a king/emperor" and in the local slang, that's pretty much the highest praise you can get. He was on great form yesterday, dribbling around defenders with ease and moving a lot. The goal was sublime, though it is the keepers fault most of all. It took C.Ronaldo a number of tries to pull of a curve like that, Ale did it at first. ;) The only downside to his game were some poorly taken corners and freekicks.

All in all, it was a below-average display compaired to our first two games in Serie-A, but the ice is broken now and we got the 3 points.
Let this post be the end of this thread!!! All is said inside!! Bravo care ne znam kako si ovo smislio?!?!?!?!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Well, so far he's right, isn't he ? He already won the league, the european super cup and UEFA Cup with Zenit.
And he's being payed very well there, no language bareers, he's a respected captain.
I know that the history of the both clubs is not comparable and our club has a much bigger name in world's football. But as we could've seen yesterday, we're not a better team than Zenit and if he wants to win (as any player would) his chances in Zenit are probably bigger than in Juve.

Who cares, though. It's not like we're going to buy the guy.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Well if winning is what he seeks, he should join al ansar over here. They've been winning the lebanese premiership for ever.

If we were really after him, I'm sure he wouldn't have stayed at zenith.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Well if winning is what he seeks, he should join al ansar over here. They've been winning the lebanese premiership for ever.

If we were really after him, I'm sure he wouldn't have stayed at zenith.
Nice way to underrate the UEFA Cup.
If we were really after him and we offered him less than what he earns in Russia, you can be sure that he rejected us.
If you think about it, it's the Russian goverment that's financing Zenit. They're spending more money on transfers than we do. They're strong enough financially to keep their players even when the rich English teams are after them.

Only 4 years ago, if the Russian NT made it to the semi of the EURO's, 80% of them would have been sold abroad. Now, if i'm not wrong, only Pavlyuchenko from Spartak Moscow left Russia.
The Russian teams are getting stronger and stronger and they're competetive in Europe.
The Russian Federation itself is getting stronger and richer. With this tempo their league will become one of Europe's best 5-6 and quality players from Europe will sign there (Danny for 30m euro at the time when we can't pay 20m for Xabi Alonso).
The opposite is happening with serie A. The Italians aren't as rich anymore as they were only 5 years ago.
Trust me, for someone from the ex-USSR whos native language is the same/very similar to Russian, a rich Russian club with big ambitions in Europe, is just as attractive, or even more attractive, than a club who recently came from serie B, that is financially inferior to Zenit.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I'm not underestimating the uefa cup, where did I imply that? I fully respect russian football and acknowledge its current state. But zenith have very tough competetion in their own respected league, and sure they are not going to win the uefa cup every year.

Also, money isn't everything you cant compare the russian league to serie a, not to mention juventus to zenith, our history alone can lure many players.

If winning is all he cares for, that I suggest he looks at our trophy room. This has nothing to do with me criticizing or undermining the russian game.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Jan 7, 2004
I'm not underestimating the uefa cup, where did I imply that? I fully respect russian football and acknowledge its current state. But zenith have very tough competetion in their own respected league, and sure they are not going to win the uefa cup every year.

Also, money isn't everything you cant compare the russian league to serie a, not to mention juventus to zenith, our history alone can lure many players.

you did undermine it, pay attention. all alen said was that he is making more money, winning more trophies both nationally and internationally and he is the captain.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I know man, and i agree. But you didn't pay attention to the "ex-USSR" part and i don't think you can understand it. That's not your fault, of course. I'll try to explain.
Tymo is the same age as i am. When i was a kid i didn't follow the foreign championships. We had a very strong league in Yugoslavia and we were following only the clubs from our country. Now, as weak Dinamo, Red Star, Hajduk or Partizan are, we all have a soft spot for one of these teams. If these teams become as good as they were in the late 80's/early 90's i'm sure that the new generations will also follow them and the interest for the foreign leagues will drop.
I assume that Tymoshchuk also grew up following the strong Soviet league. Dinamo Kiev, Spartak, CSKA etc were the teams he followed. The Soviet players (from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus) who played for his NT (back then his NT was USSR) were his idols, not some Spanish or Italian players. I'm sure that the Soviet TV stations didn't broadcast at all serie A or EPL and i doubt he had a chance to follow the foreign teams.
For someone like him, the ex-USSR teams will always be bigger and more important than Juve.
Now, imagine these teams being as rich as Juve (actually, they are atm) and able to pay him huge salaries. He won't be able to refuse that.

I know that for someone from Lebanon or Croatia Juve will always be the bigger team than Zenit and much more attractive. But for someone from Ukraine or Russia, i don't think it's the case.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Another point i forgot to bring up was the ugly tiredness factor that i saw from some of our players. Neddy, trezi(to be fair to him, he just came back from injury),camo, and i would even throw Grygera there with potentially poulsen. Ranieri has to find a way that he can rotate the players without killing the spine of the team. Rotation is very dangerous if its not done correctly, but we have to do it if we want to keep our hopes alive in both competitions come the 2nd half of the season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
who cares if we didn't dominate the mach or if we were outplayed? This is the CL, it's about individual matches. Some go your way, some don't. in the end teams that win the CL are teams that have luck, and goals on their side.

If this was happening in Serie A, I'd be worried, as there you need consistency to win.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Not as much as luck, and being decisive imo. How many matches we've seen where teams that were superior lost to other teams because of lack of luck or that fininshing touch, or losing concentration?

that's the thing up cup tournaments. It's not always about who's the best team, or the most dominant, it's about who's going to score that winning goal, and who's on form for that match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)