[Champions League] JUVENTUS vs Real Madrid (10/21/08) (3 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Sissoko

• Nedved

• Molinaro :)

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
ok just some points on the game:

1. Forza Juve even though i expected a draw but its always nice to beat real and score twice in a game.

2. with all this injuries we beat one of CL best teams

3. this wasn't by any mean Ranieri's brilliance as much at it was the team spirit who drove us to this win.

4. our medical stuff are really bad, or something that we are doing in training really effect the players.

5. Real supporters are sore losers, maybe its becuase they know that we played with a huge injury crisis and off- form players and still kick thier *as :D

6. atleast Ekdal should have been on the bench.

7. eventhough i voted for sissoko as MOM, Cheillini still deserve some praise as he was the 2nd best player on the pitch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
First off, I loved the grit and determination on full display tonight. There was some excellent closing down today, and unsurprisingly the lethargy I've seen in recent weeks was replaced by some great energy and fight in the team. Yet, I cannot help but feel the need to point out a few things.

The win tonight was ours due in equal parts to our character as well as Real's lack thereof. I cannot help but feel that on a different night this could have turned out very differently indeed, and it isn't often that you see the likes of Van Nistelrooy, Sneijder, Raul and Higuain all come up short. They had dozens of crosses that would have easily found their mark on a different day, and Van Der Vaart did come dangerously close on a handful of occasions. If we are counting on Real playing the same kind of wasteful use of possession in the Bernabeu, we will be sorely shortchanged. Similarly, our goals were gifted in part by some poor defending from Cannavaro, Pepe and Heinze.

More distressingly, I cannot condone the way we seemed so eager to get rid of the ball every time Los Blancos relinquished possession. For a team that had the numbers concentrated in our own half, we were far to happy to hoof the ball towards a solitary Del Piero or Amauri, whom for all his panache could not have been expected to cope against more than his marker. The game was, as a result, played at a paced dictated by Real, which we fortunately had the fortitude to match. But I maintain that we should have done more to keep possession, if only to deny it of the opposition.

But all things considered, I cannot keep at the nitpicking for long; this was a hard fought victory, one that served to outline to our adversaries (as well as ourselves, IMO) where our strengths lie, and a signal of intent to those who thought us dead and buried. I will not call the victory a turning point just yet, but the match was a sign of hopefully better things on the horizon.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Grand performance from all the boys this morning, just one of those victories that make you feel very good because it personified this club. We didn't play the perfect game but you have to admit, considering everything thats been happening recently its a very big result. More importantly it gets us one step closer to the 2nd round.

What i liked the most is that everyone stepped up, even players like molinaro, brazzo even marchionni(he was simply not there) who have been close to awful recently did very well. And our big game players just destroyed them, alex, amauri, mommo,chiellini and neddy were colossal.

Also some credit goes to Ranieri. His choices paid off with starting molinaro over De Ceglie and his subs were spot on. What i liked the most is how he used brazzo. Brazzo was on the left in the first half and in the 2nd half he had one job and its following robben on either flank. Very good tactical move from him imo, as well as alex playing centrally in the last 25 mins to collect passes from neddy ,mommo and the backline. Good tactical win for him over Schuster who is not the best by a mile but CR responded to everything that was thrown at him even with limited resources.

Another thing i want to see more of is neddy playing centrally, even in a 442. With poor marchisio injured and it doesn't look good then we should really consider it.

Lets build on this win with a destruction of the Granata on the weekend. We will need to contain the euphoria and transform it in the right direction.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Great result, we didn't really deserve to win but who cares.
With a lot of backups getting such a good result must give us confidence for the coming matches, hopefully we can continue this into serieA also.

Real won't be happy, qualification is coming close now, the 1-1 from Zenith surely helps, i still think they are stronger then Bate so a victory against Bate should get us through the group stages.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
lippi believed that juve can do it and win and they did , juve were lucky in many occasions but it was a great match for all players especially amauri and it was a great goal by dp who like to score against real.juve now top the group it is great to be like this ahead of real.

Oct 3, 2004
Hello it's been a while.

Just wanted to congratulate Juventini, what a great night. :proud:

This was a very much needed win; and I give full credit to the players who all gave 110% (except for one player which I won't bother, because frankly I'm so disgusted at seeing him in a Juve shirt. In fact, I don't like the way I hate a Bianconero, because it's not right to hate someone who plays for your team and represents your club at the highest level. A player who left a striker, the calibre of RUUD VAN NISTELROOY to roam around the penalty box and head home a cross. If it were a one-off, it's fine. But consistently poor marksmanship, and ball skills are not acceptable, and what's even more bizzarre is the confidence which his manager gives him. Sorry, I didn't want to write that much about him, but I am THOROUGHLY SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF WATCHING CRISTIAN FUCKING MOLINARO #28 IN A JUVENTUS SHIRT!!!!!!! :( )

Moving on...Chiellini was axing down every forward attack, Momo was an absolute beast in Midfield, Marchisio despite being such a fragile player seemed composed and in control of midfield, Salihamidzic was better-than-usual when he came on. Del Piero = CLASS. End of story. Amauri assist + goal...good game from him. Alex Manninger, if I have to give credit where credit is due, it's the management's decision to buy him...well not so much credit since they had to actually field Chimenti in pre-season to actually comprehend what a shitty keeper he is. Grygera and Marchionni down the right side of the pitch were very helpful during the first half attacking-mode. I don't know why they couldn't do well in the 2nd half to create counters against Real Madrid's piling pressure. Good to see Marchionni as a reliable alternative when Camoranesi is not around.

Nedved was ok on the wing, but shifted to midfield in the second half...which seemed so empty at that point, since Real Madrid had utilised alot of space there.

Let's enjoy this victory, and hopefully more to come. Contrary to last season, I have firmly taken the "Anti-Ranieri" stance. Enough is enough, I don't think he contributed anything tactically in last night's victory.

Last night was all about hunger, determination, and trying to prove a point. Like I said in the beginning of my post: it's that 110% which the players gave.

As for the game in the Bernabeu? Even the best Juventus squads choked in Spain, be it in Bilbao, Sociedad, Vigo, Madrid, La Coruna...with the exception of one memorable night in Nou Camp :D Honestly, a draw would be a good result. It's nice to have the "let's go for the win" mentality...but very difficult to get a result there.

Cheers and congratz. FORZA JUVE!!!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Hello it's been a while.

This was a very much needed win; and I give full credit to the players who all gave 110% (except for one player which I won't bother, because frankly I'm so disgusted at seeing him in a Juve shirt. In fact, I don't like the way I hate a Bianconero, because it's not right to hate someone who plays for your team and represents your club at the highest level. A player who left a striker, the calibre of RUUD VAN NISTELROOY to roam around the penalty box and head home a cross. If it were a one-off, it's fine. But consistently poor marksmanship, and ball skills are not acceptable, and what's even more bizzarre is the confidence which his manager gives him. Sorry, I didn't want to write that much about him, but I am THOROUGHLY SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF WATCHING CRISTIAN FUCKING MOLINARO #28 IN A JUVENTUS SHIRT!!!!!!! :( )

Moving on...Chiellini was axing down every forward attack, Momo was an absolute beast in Midfield, Marchisio despite being such a fragile player seemed composed and in control of midfield, Salihamidzic was better-than-usual when he came on. Del Piero = CLASS. End of story. Amauri assist + goal...good game from him. Alex Manninger, if I have to give credit where credit is due, it's the management's decision to buy him...well not so much credit since they had to actually field Chimenti in pre-season to actually comprehend what a shitty keeper he is. Grygera and Marchionni down the right side of the pitch were very helpful during the first half attacking-mode. I don't know why they couldn't do well in the 2nd half to create counters against Real Madrid's piling pressure. Good to see Marchionni as a reliable alternative when Camoranesi is not around.

Nedved was ok on the wing, but shifted to midfield in the second half...which seemed so empty at that point, since Real Madrid had utilised alot of space there.

Let's enjoy this victory, and hopefully more to come. Contrary to last season, I have firmly taken the "Anti-Ranieri" stance. Enough is enough, I don't think he contributed anything tactically in last night's victory.

Last night was all about hunger, determination, and trying to prove a point. Like I said in the beginning of my post: it's that 110% which the players gave.

As for the game in the Bernabeu? Even the best Juventus squads choked in Spain, be it in Bilbao, Sociedad, Vigo, Madrid, La Coruna...with the exception of one memorable night in Nou Camp :D Honestly, a draw would be a good result. It's nice to have the "let's go for the win" mentality...but very difficult to get a result there.

agree to most of your points, but Molinaro had a good game yesterday... he did make good passes going forward, and didn't get owned by Robben in the second half (partly due to Brazzo)... he had a good game... and to say Ranieri didn't contribute anything to yesterday's victory is naive... he was a factor, not a big one, but still a factor in our victory... he had many chances to goof up, but he made the right decisions...

Edit : I'm not a Ranieri or a Molinaro fan, i want both of them out, but you need to give credit when and where it is due...

Feb 7, 2007
i just trust ranieri i want him to remain at the club ... he won a big match in difficult days i think juventus will wake up right now sissoko made a terrific game and if you saw at the end of the game he raised his hands to the god and made something weird because he was dissapointed with his red card in the scudetto we was playing without cobra camo poulsen the 3 most powerfull and we still made it bravo juve bravo CR

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
HAH. What a result! We have Madrid on speed dial!

Man, Sissoko is just crazy. He was everywhere. Even in the 91st minute, I saw him closing people down. Crazy mo'fo. Now that Ramadan is over, he's gonna be a killer!

Majestic DP goal, what can I say. I made so much noise in my apartment complex the neighbours hated me
Nedved gave his all

Giorgio Chiellini was collossus again. Higuain and Raul where no-where to be seen!

Did you guys check out Chiellini just before the final whistle! Emotion like that gives me goosebumps! A beast

Hope this is a turning point

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
that just reminds me .. THE FLAG .. lol ...

@ all the PPl saying they will wear jerseys tomorrow, where is the belief? You should have worn it today, I did got heckled around school but look who has had the last laugh
and who told you i wasn't wearing it all day yesterday? I will bring all the package out .. and I mean EVERYTHING .. hehe

Ален;1779365 said:
Hasan is such a positive person.

Btw, he speaks Italian the same way i do. We have the same accent :D
lol .. then what did he say ?

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I honestly didn't believe in this result.

Fuck me, FORZA JUVE! :flag2:
dude .. It always feels good to win over Real .. no matter how the display was!!!

Think of it this way .. it's a win-win situation .. Ranieri still showed that he sucks and we still won .. credits are all going to the heart we poured in the game and almost nothing went to Ranieri!!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Hello it's been a while.

Actually i wouldn't blame him only as chiellini should've been more aware of his surroundings instead of simply watching the cross. Giorgio didn't to go forward towards the ball as Legro was already there with the only player that was infront.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Think of it this way .. it's a win-win situation .. Ranieri still showed that he sucks and we still won .. credits are all going to the heart we poured in the game and almost nothing went to Ranieri!!
Yeah, but those that matter, the board, aren't gonna see it that way. So the Ranieri agony is gonna continue for a while now.

But shit, it feels great beating Real. Even with Ranieri. :D

Apr 15, 2006
well raul did nothing, had some good opportunities but made nothing of them. ruud scored the goal. silent game for raul, unusual i must say.
this only means that the midfielders, and especially the defenders, totally cancelled them out and didnt let them have possession of the ball much!

regarding Giovinco, i think he wud've been a better sub than IQ. then we could've dropped down to a 4-4-1-1 and put Gio in the AMC position and let him torment the tired RM defence! then Neddy could've also concentrated more on defending and cleaning up the midfield! besides, IQ didnt add much to the counters! insignificant now since we won eventually!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i think ranieir was right to play IQ and not Giovinco since we needed a player who can hold the ball and waste some time , it is good too to see platini watch the match , he is a juve legend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)