[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-2 Chelsea (03/10/2009) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Nedved

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Giovinco

• Alberto Undiano Mallenco (ref)

• Juventus (team play)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 24, 2006
Never cried over spilled milk , we played our last game with Heart , bit disappointing Nedved couldn't ended his Professional career with a better CL Memories , That's my biggest output Regret of yesterday game , as the left don't really shocked me down .

Time to step forward mates , we still have a Copa to cheers ourself at the end of this season .
Few WC Strengthen are NEEDED for next year , and hopefully a new Coach for us .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Not one, but two....

The facts are we lost this game in London, and anyone with any football knowledge knew that Chelsea was going to score at least once tonight...we didnt have enough to put 3 (or even 4) goals by them.

I am not going to go into some of the choices that RUINeri made as far as subs during this game, anyone with a brain should realize that Sali should have never been let anywhere near the field, and I question how long you keep Trez on the field when he had nothing left to give, with Amauri sitting on the bench ? Should Iaquinta have been subbed out, especially after his first half performance ??

I applaud our team for showing so much heart, but the truth is we are loveable losers, just like our coach (time to go, RUINeri !!)

One competition pissed away, and two to go.......
Your hard fact reports are usually on point and YES your right A goal at the bridge would have changed thing entirely... but dont go so far and call the team lovealble losers... the starting formation was good. Things just got messy when neddy limped off and i dont blame CR for bring on experience over gio... YES he should have brought him in at the half and should have maybe brought on amauri a little earlier as well..but thats all in the past now... lets just be proud of our "loveable losers" tonight and look forward to us returning to the GLORY days...

forza juve...

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Never cried over spilled milk , we played our last game with Heart , bit disappointing Nedved couldn't ended his Professional career with a better CL Memories , That's my biggest output Regret of yesterday game , as the left don't really shocked me down .

Time to step forward mates , we still have a Copa to cheers ourself at the end of this season .
Few WC Strengthen are NEEDED for next year , and hopefully a new Coach for us .
Man I want that SILVER star BAAADD....

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Match report:

Buffon- I remained unsure of whether Santo Buffon had clawed the ball back from behind the line when Drogba's free kick whistled into his arms, but it was a free kick which should not have been given. So to say Chelsea were denied a legitimate goal is wrong. For the first goal especially, I was a little surprised at our normally supremely serene in the moment of battle custodian, however it was a powerful deflection which was hard to grab as it flew over his head, onto the bar, and into the path of Essien. The second goal was not his fault...But he looked shakey just before and during the first strike that killed our dreams. 6,10

Molinaro-
Useless as always with his distribution but did push forward constantly. Should have been booked for a late tackle on Essien which kicked him off the pitch. At least he wasn't directly responsible for the goals. It should be noted however, that Essien is a defensive minded midfielder, which meant Molinaro was able to flood forward, at least into the middle of the park, much easier than when he is facing a winger. 6,10

Chiellini-
Still not fully match sharp, but generally solid. Gave the ball away in a silly position during the first half but recovered to prove rock-like as well as driving forward on several occasions. He was extremely unlucky for the red card. The english commentary team covering the game I watched were suggesting he had said something to the referee and gained his second yellow for dissent, because the tackle Giorgio made prior to the expulsion was a sound one, in their eyes and my eyes 'he got the ball, clearly'...If that was the reason for the second yellow, we were extremely hard done by. An encouraging, but still not perfect, 7,10

Mellberg-
One of the finest performances for the viking Berserker in a Juve shirt. Uncompromising, mobile enough in the mind and body to allow no one on ones with Buffon. He did his work calmly and competently. 7,10

Grygera-
As with Molinaro he supported the attack whenever possible. His tackling was cautious and several times he was passed by Anelka, though fortunately he had constant support and cover from his team-mates. An uninspiring but not shocking 6,10

Nedved-
How horrible for Pavel to limp out of what is likely to be his last champions league game, so early in the match. We missed his quality and tenacity for the remainder of the game. N.A

Marchisio-
A dominant, tough showing from a player whose composure, comfort on the ball and in the challenge grows game by game. Alongside Tiago, he was superb last night, with his only failing, a few over hit passes. Ballack and Lampard did not have an easy night...Great work, Claudio, 8,10.

Tiago-
I was surprised by the tempo and aggression of the former chelsea man, chasing back, winning the ball, playing it simple, looking for openings...He was a solid component of a functional, creative midfield. It was unfortunate though, that our wings were fucked, before Giovinco arrived and gave more options than through the middle. A commendable 7,10.

Salihamdzic-
Rugged, rat like but anonymous for large portions of the game. He looked neither fit nor technically capable of playing a prominent role in a high tempo game of this calibre. His substitution for Nedved was the wrong move for Ranieri. It would have been wiser to bring on Giovinco, who is at least fit and sharp. 5,10

Iaquinta-
Battled hard and took his goal superbly. Vincenzo showed just why we shouldn't let him go in the Summer. He plays like a classic english centre forward, all muscle, hustle and bustle, and is surprisingly quick for a big man. Unfortunate to be substituted. Put in a decent shift...8,10.

Del Piero-
The rest had allowed him to reach a high level of freshness. The Captain led by example, but was forced to come ever deeper to collect the ball after Nedved's injury. His free kick magic was largely absent, though his passing, technique and determination were admirable. 7,10

Trezeguet-
Getting sharper by the game, the frenchman's flick to set up Iaquinta was simply world class. He had a header which he should have done better with, and I was a little surprised that he was taken off as he seemed hard for the Chelsea defence to handle. Great to see him back, and its clear he can play at this level for at least another season. 7,10.

Giovinco-
As soon as he entered the fray, the whole stadium was lifted, and with every touch, the rise in the Juve Pulse Rate was palpable the world over. Some smart touches, was happy and able to take on players, could have been luckier with a couple of shots which were deflected...He made us a threat from the left and should have been introduced far sooner into the game. To me its as simple as Gio can pass and shoot and dribble. Brazzo cant pass, cant shoot, cant dribble...But Ranieri went for solidity, when the game called for invention. Encouraging to see the youngster get a decent crack of the whip. 7,10

Amauri-

He looked out of sorts and ill-equipped to cause more damage than Trezeguet. Not enough time for a rating, but with Iaquinta and Trezeguet impressing, the brazilian must be wondering how far down the pecking order he has slipped now that the others are once again fit and firing...

Ranieri-

With so many injuries, the team he chose was fine by me. And while I was intrigued and surprised by Iaquinta's position and selection, the formation worked brilliantly in the first 15 minutes...However, I wasn't happy with the Brazzo for Nedved exchange. A defensive player who isnt yet fit instead of the other option of Giovinco. That lost us ground and took a tooth away from our attack, removing a canine and putting in its place a molar. His other substitutions were unadventurous, but he was bringing fresh quality onto the pitch. Trez could have stayed on, but who would he have sacrificed instead*** Having ten men at this stage, I can understand why Ranieri went Striker for Striker, rather than lose more men from further down the pitch. 6,10

Conclusion

Without doubt, we would have been better placed to beat chelsea had we not lost Camo, Marchionni, Nedved and Legro to injury and also had Trezeguet, Chiellini, Brazzo, Iaquinta all still chasing match fitness. These matters diluted the quality of the team. As they would to any team. We were not able to put out our strongest XI...Still, in the second leg we performed with heart and spirit and can consider ourselves unlucky to have gone out at this stage.

getting the early goal was deserved as we were in control, pushing chelsea constantly onto the back foot. Their equalizer was not deserved, and it included a large dose of luck with the deflection and ricochet off the crossbar. We were also cursed with misfortune when Chiellini was sent off.

We conceded the second goal as we were flooding forward in search of what would have been the overall winner.

Never once were we embarrassed by Chelsea, and they don't seem like a superior side.

What can we take from this*** A decent run in the champions league in our return to the competition. We have gained experience for our youngsters, reminded Europe that we are once again competing with the best of the best, and all in all done ourselves proud.

We were unlucky to go out at this stage, but with Hiddink at the helm, I am confident Chelsea will go much further in the competition. And Ranieri can now concentrate on cementing second place in the league, or even challenging Inter at the top.
Just about the discussion regarding neddy and brazzo. I think Ranieri didn't have much options regarding that sub. Bringing in Gio would've made us really vulnerable in the middle imo. Marchisio would have been the only muscle there and even with the efforts by Tiago, it would've been a very risky sub especially since we were only 15 or so mins into the game.
The only option he had was to bring poulsen into the game and push marchisio forward to provide the width on the right. Then we would be too narrow as neither Tiago or poulsen can do the same on the left.

Also i don't agree with you that they will go far in the competition. A team with a bit more quality would be too hard for them imo. We were a cunt's hair away from knocking them out and we are the team that scored the least amount of goals.

We are all proud of the team ( i proudly wore my neddy jersey today). I just hope we can transform some of the passion showed today to the rest of the season and the life doesn't get knocked out of the team.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Lets claim the Silver Star as soon as possible , before the Burglar from another City come up and steal our Tittle again :D
Yup

We only lost by 1 goal

Roma is out, Inter got their kiss kicked by Sampdoria, perfect chance to get it this season. Hopefully Ranieri will wake everybody up for this game

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
oh my god....i will kill any idiots who says that italian teams are the roughest n dirtiest sides.

look at goddam chelsea today! their players are made of fucking dirty satans from head to toe. even john terry is bloody drity player...lack sportsmanship too!!! and Chelsea don't even look like an English team! they should just call themselves Africa United.....

i see alot of play acting and dirty pulls by dirty players Essien, mikel, assley cole and anelka....

and the worst dirty shit is the son of burnt satan, DIEDIER DOGBA!!!!! mothafucking smelly and dirty shit he is..... if only he got up after the Chiellini's tackle, the ref may not bring out the yellow card!

and FUCK YOU JOHN TERRY! fucking captain acting like a troublemaker from the ghetto! whats up with getting into a fight with us juventus players! TAKE A LOOK at our captain DEL PIERO AKA GOD, you don't see him going around trying to start a fight!...

fuck you john terry and ur mothafucking english blood!

o yea i hate BOSINGAWA TOO!!! shitface assdude look like a fucking mixbreed of bangladeshi terrier mixed with african chiwawa......dirtying our turin grass..

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
i think that Ranieri got himself into this defeat, if he had the brains to buy the right players, we will not end up having to play sucky sali.....Ranieri has no farsight

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
oyea i hate Guss Hiddink to the core....son of a gun manager made of satan's boiled shit.

He claims that he likes attacking tactic. But just look at his stint with the buttfaced koreans! in reality, he likes his team to play as dirty as possible, as rough as possible!...he did that with korea, he did that with australia and now chelsea....

dirty fat shit who sleeps with ahn jung hwan every night, having gay sex.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
yeah thats because they couldn't even pronounce marchisio aka marchisia and amore not AMAURI etc... correctly the insolent pigs! Infact the commentators didnt even comment on Chiellini's age, they infact said our defence was ancient. I hardly call early 30s at most ancient in comparison to milan's and besides is having old players is a crime in england these days? yet they forget greece and Italy won major tournaments in recent years with fairly high squad age averages, so much for the great english side who couldn't even f*cking make it to a european championship
Yeah, and now they need an Italian coach to help them get there ... :pumpkin:

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
BUT I AM SOOOO PROUD OF JUVENTUS's SPIRIT TODAY!!!!

THE FANS DID GREAT!!!!

THE PLAYERS DID GREAT!!!! especially our homegrown youngsters!!!!!

and DEL PIERO HAS THE HEART OF THE BIGGEST LION!!!!
he has the BALLS OF STEEL to PASS the ball into the net!!!!

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
actually, we should have played more aggressive today...as we all know, Cech's head is still fragile, we should try to hurt him on his head more often, best is to get him knocked out again...that would be great haha...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Just about the discussion regarding neddy and brazzo. I think Ranieri didn't have much options regarding that sub. Bringing in Gio would've made us really vulnerable in the middle imo. Marchisio would have been the only muscle there and even with the efforts by Tiago, it would've been a very risky sub especially since we were only 15 or so mins into the game.
The only option he had was to bring poulsen into the game and push marchisio forward to provide the width on the right. Then we would be too narrow as neither Tiago or poulsen can do the same on the left.

Also i don't agree with you that they will go far in the competition. A team with a bit more quality would be too hard for them imo. We were a cunt's hair away from knocking them out and we are the team that scored the least amount of goals.

We are all proud of the team ( i proudly wore my neddy jersey today). I just hope we can transform some of the passion showed today to the rest of the season and the life doesn't get knocked out of the team.
Its a sensible point you made about the Brazzo entrance, one that makes sense and probably went through and stuck firmly in Ranieri's mind. However, I think it was an opportunity to bring in Giovinco, an opportunity to build on the pressure we were applying and to go for the jugular, rather than try to consolidate the 1-0 scoreline until half time...Gio has a zip about him which raises the tempo and creativity of our attacking play whenever he appears. With Nedved gone, and Marchisio and Tiago spending most of their time hassling Ballack and Lampard, we were lacking a player to bridge the gap between midfield and attack with speed and invention. I know the way Ranieri manages teams. He is cautious and places more importance on the physical side of his teams, than on the flair, invention and magic. Sali did nothing other than foul...Which certainly helped disjoint Chelsea attacks, but at the cost of cutting off a supply to our forwards. As soon as Giovinco appeared, we gained ground down the left. He is a player who can unlock defences, as we all know, but one who is too frail to perform any defensive duties.

As for Chelsea. I make that prediction because of Hiddink, and the return of Essien and Carvalho. Gus is, for me, one of the finest managers in the world. Only Lippi and Capello can touch him, in a top trio. Ferguson would be there, he is there, on quality and achievements, but he hasn't tested himself anywhere other than Man U and Dundee. And his early success at United was as much down to having a squad of potential world stars all coming through the ranks at the same time. That is the coaches, the scouts, the youth management, as much as Ferguson. Maybe not as much as...hohoho!...but they played their part, and from that period, they gained momentum, won trophies, made money, attracted better players...Anyway, after seeing what Hiddink was capable of with Australia. Turning them into a very hard to beat team, without any amazing players, in a very short amount of time...And remembering what he did with Korea, although they cheated quite repeatedly in the actual world cup finals...he is class. pure class. If he can make australia a solid international outfit in 7 months, I am sure he is capable of making Chelsea, incredibly hard to beat and giving all they possibly can, very soon. I mean, what is his record there so far***won 5, drawn 1*** Something like that.
SO unless Hiddink gets injured, or shot, Chelsea will be a threat from here on in, for the rest of the competition...

Hiddink and Lippi. The two Kings.

I am not totally against Ranieri. with the players we have, and the injuries we have suffered this season, I am not at all desperate to see him go. As Progress continues.
Lets win the coppa and take second in the league, grab Diego or Silva in the Summer, bring back criscito, get a couple of new fullbacks in and come out all guns blazing next season.
Important thing here is PROGRESS.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
apparently I watched a different game when I read the majority of the posts here
we played with three forwards although DP often played as a midfielder but how many chances did we get?
I counted only two decent attacks and one of them resulted in a goal
Chelsea didn't do much better but whenever they got forward they were dangerous
things looked better when Gio came on; he was a bright spot but in all I was disapointed with my Juve
when was the last time they really outplayed a strong opponent?
and don't give me Real, Liverpool showed how strong Real is
we were lucky not to have lost the game, that ball had crossed the line when Buffon made a save to remember , they also should have scored more in the second half even though we were down to ten and the qualification was unreachable
No I can't say I was pleased with our performance
maybe I'mtoo harsh but I only feel that we never looked like qualifying not even when we were 1-0 up

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Not one, but two....

The facts are we lost this game in London, and anyone with any football knowledge knew that Chelsea was going to score at least once tonight...we didnt have enough to put 3 (or even 4) goals by them.

I am not going to go into some of the choices that RUINeri made as far as subs during this game, anyone with a brain should realize that Sali should have never been let anywhere near the field, and I question how long you keep Trez on the field when he had nothing left to give, with Amauri sitting on the bench ? Should Iaquinta have been subbed out, especially after his first half performance ??

I applaud our team for showing so much heart, but the truth is we are loveable losers, just like our coach (time to go, RUINeri !!)

One competition pissed away, and two to go.......
Wait, are you implying that Ranieri is loveable? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)