[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-2 Chelsea (03/10/2009) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Nedved

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Giovinco

• Alberto Undiano Mallenco (ref)

• Juventus (team play)

Results are only viewable after voting.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
It's almost never about luck. Had we been lucky, we might have gone through, but we weren't unlucky. We didn't manage to score at Stamford Bridge and we took two avoidable goals at home. I say we were the better side during the two games, but when it really mattered we either missed good chances (Amauri's weak header in London comes to mind) or were weak defensively.
Well, I think luck has something to do with it esp when games are balanced. Essien's goal did come from a deflected shot that came off the crossbar.
Would have been a routine save from the looks of it. Chelsea were lucky then, and we were unlucky.

Things didn't go our way, Ballack lucky not to receive a yellow card for handling intentionally. While Chiellini unlucky to get second booking on what looked like a clean tackle.

I sorta knew, Chieli would be in trouble as the spanish ref was such a sissy, made a fuss of everything. I hope Chieli matures.

We were far from perfect, and didn't show qualities of a CL winning team, but we could have won it against Chelsea.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
It's almost never about luck. Had we been lucky, we might have gone through, but we weren't unlucky. We didn't manage to score at Stamford Bridge and we took two avoidable goals at home. I say we were the better side during the two games, but when it really mattered we either missed good chances (Amauri's weak header in London comes to mind) or were weak defensively.
my only regret is that juventus didn't play like that the entire season. i dont know how much longer i can endure those 1-0s

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
my only regret is that juventus didn't play like that the entire season. i dont know how much longer i can endure those 1-0s
We just can't play like that all the time. We simply are not that strong and almost none of the season's matches have been as motivating as the one we played last night. Our performance against Chelsea was heartwarming but it doesn't mean we could have done it the whole season nor does it mean we'll repeat it for the rest of the season.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Inter are a disgusting team, but I want them to beat Utd tonight, then lose to Villareal/Barcelona/Bayern etc.

Milan are worse than Inter imo, its just something about the club that makes me hate all things red and black. So i agree with Alen here, Milan are the more disgusting club.

If i had to choose between Inter losing the scudetto(and not us winning) or Milan not qualifying for Champions league, i really think i'd go for the latter hehe

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Milan are worse than Inter imo, its just something about the club that makes me hate all things red and black. So i agree with Alen here, Milan are the more disgusting club.
Good. I can see some potential in you Michael. :)

Edit: This year is a little different though. Inter are more disgusting than ever, while on the other hand it's hard to hate and so easy to pity today's Milan.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
yeah,i was referring mostly to the big games. no reason why we can't play like that against inter, instead of the 4-4-2 that just sits there and takes it
We can play like that vs Inter. We didn't in the first match but it was kinda expectable tbh. We were doing great anyway in those days before we played Inter, while Inter had this new coach and they were hurt from the way we humiliated them at San Siro last year. We already proved that we can beat our "enemy" while Inter had a lot to prove.
They were the more motivated side.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Inter are a disgusting team, but I want them to beat Utd tonight, then lose to Villareal/Barcelona/Bayern etc.

If i had to choose between Inter losing the scudetto(and not us winning) or Milan not qualifying for Champions league, i really think i'd go for the latter hehe
It sure would be sweet watching Milan struggling for a CL spot pathetically while failing at the end but I don't care even if they succeed. It will be even sweeter to see a Werder Bremen screw them later.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

I can't see why Milan would be worse, I think it takes alot to be hated as much or more than Inter. I actually consider Milan a worthy adversary and rival, and can actually get along with milan fans, cant say the same about Inter.

I'd rather Milan win the scudetto, than Inter if we weren't in the running for it.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I can't see why Milan would be worse, I think it takes alot to be hated as much or more than Inter. I actually consider Milan a worthy adversary and rival, and can actually get along with milan fans, cant say the same about Inter.

I'd rather Milan win the scudetto, than Inter if we weren't in the running for it.
Same case. And it applies to a fellow Juventino I know

Both of us view Milan as a worthy opponent as Milan has a lot of class in the likes of Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta etc etc while Inter always get into my nerves, especially last season

mondo1

May 14, 2006
what would u choose
1. inter winning cl , but losing scudetto to juve or
2. inter kicked out by manu/ or later but winning serie a?

i for myself would say inter get knocked out of the cl... because moartti really wants to win it... so i would love to see them fail

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
what would u choose

i for myself would say inter get knocked out of the cl... because moartti really wants to win it... so i would love to see them fail
#1, of course.

Sorry to tell you this, but any Juve fan who'd prefer #2 has some serious issues.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
what would u choose

I'd definitely go for 1. What's the advantage of the second one for us?

Majority = Boring
Minority = Insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)