[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bordeaux (Sep. 15th 2009) (14 Viewers)

Juve - Bordeaux [CL Group Round 1] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Zebina

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• The wet pitch

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 4, 2004
No, everyone who has a bad match can be criticised and other members shouldn't be offended.

If one of Buffon/ Trez/Del Piero/ Camo has a bad match, i will criticise them. If one of the disliked figures like Molinaro or Tiago (or Ranieri previously) has a good match, i will praise them.

Of course, an idiot will always take it personally if you say that Buffon/Del Piero/Trez/Camo was awful or that Molinaro/Tiago was great and i swear i will never ever reply anymore to people who can't see the difference between Del Piero was awful tonight and Del Piero is an awful player or Molinaro/Tiago was very good tonight and Tiago/Molinaro is a very good player.
There is a big difference in criticizing a player and saying he NEVER had any talent, he was never a good player etc... and saying he had a bad match!..
So you are the one who should stop taking my post personally, because your where the last member I was referring to...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nothing's lost. Our road to the next round will now be harder, but we usually bounce back.
It was similar last year when we lost points in Borisov and we still had two matches against the huge favourites Real and away match against Zenit to go.

Anyway, even with a draw in Bordeaux (2:2 draw might even put us in better position than them) we'll have equal chances with them. We both have to play Bayern and Maccabi twice. So even if we don't win in France and draw that match, our chances will still be equal to theirs.
We now only need to do better than them against the Germans and the Israelis.
We can do it.
Actually, we will do it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There is a big difference in criticizing a player and saying he NEVER had any talent, he was never a good player etc... and saying he had a bad match!..
So you are the one who should stop taking my post personally, because your where the last member I was referring to...
Sorry for the missunderstanding, but it was absolutely not taken personally. Your post just gave me an opportunity to say what i wanted to say for a long time.

And some of the members you reffered to in your post are the same members i reffered to in my post.

IForgotToFlush

Why....So...SeriOUs?!
Sep 1, 2009
The picture shows him (goal scorer) to be on-side.
It does.
The goalscorer wasn't offside. Just look at the legs and the darker line on the grass. Plasil is at least on line with Marchisio.

Only the guy in front of Marchisio is offside.
But in this captured frame their player hasn't yet headed the ball, therefore this frame is not completely accurate.
So assuming that he headed it, say 0.1 sec later on, and following the movement speed of the supposedly offside player, i'd say it's pretty obvious it was an offside

May 4, 2004
Sorry for the missunderstanding, but it was absolutely not taken personally. Your post just gave me an opportunity to say what i wanted to say for a long time.

And some of the members you reffered to in your post are the same members i reffered to in my post.
No need to say sorry.. I just wanted to tell you what I meant with my post :)

and..

I'v been in a member here for like 5 year's, an believe its like this almost after every match we lose or draw.. But we have to accept it as we are all different and see things in our own way, react in our own way. Sometimes its just to much, and like you said, when the opportunity is there, you just wanna let it all out :)..

Im out. Good night mate..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
well shit i just got home from work...i can handle a draw as i think we will be more than fine in the group stages so I'm not sure what the whole fuss is over. I am more worried about our CB hurt and our finally performing CM hurt.

Makes you wonder though, when is it gonna end. We have yet to see a team with a fit Buffon, Zebina, Canna, Chiellini, Grosso, Melo, Sissoko, Marchisio, Diego, Del Piero, Amauri....I feel like I am missing someone. I lose track with all these injuries. Honestly though, when are we going to have a full team for a change. I feel like even if we did we would play horribly as there would be no chemistry. Its not like they played together often....

As Mark said...:sergio:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marchisio should start trying to get more involved offensively as he does defensively. The guy is everywhere on the pitch.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
actually, today we over-rate our player, so did the media, its not that they didn't deserve the praise but they went to the game as if they won it.

however, there are some facts that we have to take into consideration here (eventhought this is not an excuse for this result):
1. most of our starting 11 had some intense fixture in the last couple of week, while most of the Bordeaux players weren't on international duty.

2. Bordeaux took the option of resting some key players for this game sice they played an rasy game in the liga1.

3. we had Tiago in the lineup.

4. some players really didn't show up for this game.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
I believe that with Chiellini, Sissoko, Diego and Del Piero available we'll have a better chance to win against Bordeaux away than we had today at home. Last year we drew three times and still topped our group, so I wouldn't panic, our situation is nowhere near to 'difficult'.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I was disheartened to awake at 7am, crawl to the computer, load up ubuntu and then head straight to the football itala site where I saw the score. Nothing from what I read is of any surprise. Buffon is currently in the greatest run of form we have seen from him for perhaps more than a year or two...he is almost singlehandedly protecting Italy and Juventus.

Marchiso, is a player I have not been at all impressed with in recent weeks, either for the nazionale or Juve. And I would agree with what someone else suggested, in giving Marrone a roll of the dice there, if Claudio starts and has an anonymous game...

Also, what teeth noted, I must completely agree with, for a change...Without a midfielder with class finishing abilities, we HAVE TO HAVE A CLASS FINISHER IN THE BOX...Amauri and Iaquinta are clearly not our best finishers. Iaquinta gets goals, because his work rate is tremendous and he has brute strength, literally wearing down the opposing defences, but he needs several chances to score a goal. Several chances of the kind that Trezeguet, when on song, needs only ONE Chance.

Amauri may have a similar work rate to Iaquinta, but he doesn't have the same strength or spirit. As some of you may recall, my position on the brazilian remains...awkward. As I am yet to be convinced of his value to the first team...And I am getting fed up of saying 'well...in his defence, he didnt get good service'. For a man suggested as the saviour of the nazionale, im sure the other major countries are far from concerned, given his current form.

CHiellini is our best defender. No doubt...and this seasonm Chiellini and Cannavaro have looked like, at times, a world class central defensive pairing. We lacked that against bordeaux.

Caceres, by the sound of things, reverted to his nervousness of the lazio game, but this time, didnt manage to score a vital goal...No point judging him yet. Especially when other members of the team apparently played just as wretchedly last night.

Melo has too much to do in midfield with only Tiago and an anemic version of Marchisio for company. He needs someone else Solid.

Still...to think we will be getting back, in the near future, Cannavaro ( i mention him because they scored after he had left the pitch through injury), Chiellini, Momo, Zebina, Del Piero, Trezeguet and of course mr Diego.

That would be a vastly superior team, one capable of causing anyone in our group more problems than they cause us.

When is the bayern game? Will all of that crowd be ready for it???

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
while amauri is a better finisher than vinny, vinny gets himself into more goal scoring positions during the game.

when people who have not seen amauri play ask me what is he like i say he is a replica of drogba but not as clinical a finisher.
Well, whatever the case, I still want to see more of Trezeguet. If we can get him back to fitness and on form, he will be great to use in situations like these where we have little midfield support or no Diego. Then we can revert to a 4-3-3 system and get more crosses in from the wings.

True, but from who are the quality crosses going to come from?

There is little quality on the wings.
Grosso can put in quality crosses and Zebina is decent going forward. But I think going to a 4-3-3 would be best when Diego is out.

Agreed. But I think the whole midfield was a limp dick. Sissoko's aggressive energy of play would have eased some pressure though, regardless of whether or not he was replacing Claudio or Tiago
I still hope to see a midfield of Camo, Melo, Sissoko and Diego for much of the season.

Because he is Italian and a Juventus youth product, we here at Juventuz get blinded by the Juventus lights. Marchisio is not a promising youngster anymore. He has to deliver the goods like last season or he gets dropped. I still think we need a true winger in our 3 man midfield.
Has to be Camo on the right since we have Grosso on the left.

You know it.

He's young and Italian.
Indeed.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
First and hopefully last Juve game I missed of this season, from what I've read the team played poorly and I'm still concerned about the fullbacks how were Grosso and Caceres?

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
When's the soonest I can see this duo together :cry:

As Alen pointed somewhere before; last season, the defense is at its stingy best when Chiellini and Sissoko is playing. This match, both were out and the defense was indeed shaky.

On a positive note, this might just be the poorest we would ever get and its gonna be uphill from now on esp since I can't see us loosing more difference-maker in the team at the same time :xfinger: :xfinger: :xfinger:

Once the team starts recovering DelPiero, Diego, Sissoko, things can only pick up.

Next stop, Livorno @ home, and the strikers better treat this opportunity as a confidence booster esp Amauri who is getting more frustrated each time his attempt just misses out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)