[Champions League] JUVENTUS 0-2 Bayern München (April 10, 2013) (2 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I had no time to post here since the match but I see some people went full retard in a couple of threads as expected :lol:

The tie was very hard for us, Bayern is a complete team in very good form this season you could see us losing the tie to them. Overall it's bad when you loose 0-4 on aggregate this result shows we did nothing to advance. They were simply better, their 4-2-3-1 perfectly matched our 3-5-2 and made it easier for them but it's hard to expect Conte to switch formation that worked quite well for us so far in such an important tie. I don't agree with many things he's done but at this point I don't think anything would help us to beat them over two legs. Our style was very disappointing, even Galata and PSG did better and they had difficult opponents too but I believe we had the strongest one. Bayern is very good in attack and they defend better than Barca and Real so I see Bavarians as winners of CL this year.

To sum up our CL campaign I think we were very good. Bayern tie left us with bitter taste in mouth but other than that we were great. Finishing top of our group was a great achievement where Chelsea was knocked out and we beat Shakhtar on their ground which is a rare thing for them to lose at home even in CL. Our team deserve credit for the Celtic tie where we destroyed them completely. You certainly can't call our first since a long time CL campaign a failure. Beating Chelsea 3-0 at home was an extraordinary thing and beating Celtic 5-0 over two legs is impressive too.

We have a lot of work to do if we want to join Europe's finest clubs and it'll take a while but we're on the right track. Comments on sacking Conte, getting rid of Pirlo or Marchisio are ridiculous. People quickly forgot where this team was just 2 years ago. We're growing fast, two scudetto's, Italian Supercup, CI final and CL quarters in two years is something nobody expected when Conte took the job.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
and mancini won 3 scudetti with inter, point is, conte have begun showing unwelcome stubborness on the tactical side
He's had much stronger squad and no competition at all. Before 2011 - 2012 many said we won't finish in top 3. If Mancini was in Conte's shoes he'd fail miserably because the guy needs world class players to obtain mediocre results in the end.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So, somebody copied my Juventuz name to register on the Barcelona forum. Whoever you are, I curse you. Meh, maybe I'll stay away from that place anyways. I can't stand their views on futbol vs anti futbol, waah, waah, the pitch was bumpy, etc. The way they discredit teams just because they play different tactics.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. He's mostly riding the coattails of the system Louis Van Gaal implemented. Then again, Jupp Heynckes stabilized the system, and even improved it, and brought a better environment for the team. He wouldn't have been able to do anything like this by himself though.

Van Gaal also moved Schweini into the centre, gave Muller a chance, suggested Alaba as a left back, etc. As much of a dickhead as Van Gaal, he has incredible judgement of players. He's simply done a lot for Bayern.
alen :tdown:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
First year back in CL and can't even win against Bayern? Definitely not our Ferguson.
I'm sick of these "first year back" apologetic loser excuses.

It's not our first year, it was our third year since Calciopoli.

Remember with Ranieri we got knocked out by Chelsea with a much weaker team, and they only beat us 1-0 at home and 2-2 in Turin. Chelsea were ontop of the world that season and I think it was the season Terry missed a penalty that would have won it in the final against ManU.

The difference then was the players played their hearts out and that's not what happened in this tie. You can't put that down to Bayern's strengths or conceding a goal in 24 seconds. Tactics and mentality had a massive role to play.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This Bayern >>>>>>>>> That Chelsea

And we were absolutely horrendous in the first leg of that tie in London. But yeah we put in a much better performance in Turin.

But this Bayern side is a lot more complete (tactically and physically) than that Chelsea side.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm sick of these "first year back" apologetic loser excuses.

It's not our first year, it was our third year since Calciopoli.
It's called realism, I can see you have a hard time with it.

Have a look at our lineup vs Chelsea in 2009 and then the Bayern one. Actually, why do I even bother...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)