[Champions League] JUVENTUS 0-2 Bayern München (April 10, 2013) (7 Viewers)

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
Real Madrid went what, 7 years without making it to the quarterfinals was it?

people really need to chill the $#@! out.
Exactly! I think we can all say we were pretty confident going into last weeks first leg tie because we played such dominant football in the league. But we got our asses handed to us in Europe and we should take this as a valuable learning curve. If two seasons ago someone told me we would be in the position we are now, scudetto victory last season and most likely another this, with reaching the quarter finals in the CL, I would have laughed in their face

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
In Europe it's advanced tactics. Think positive. Press.

Serie crap A = 3-5-2 yeah we're the best!!!

Europe = free lunch, see ya next season suckers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm proud of what we've achieved without a doubt. Tactically. We were lower league, naive. Conte will learn from this. But please no 3-5-2.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
No matter what, I'm proud of Juve.

With the experience we gained and a few reinforcements we will do much better next year.

Forza JUVE !!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Extremely worrying that we couldn't score in either legs. We can no longer be impotent in front of goal if we are to take on top teams like Bayern. Along with better forwards, Conte needs to work on better attacking moves. Seeing the top teams, this is the biggest area that needs improvement. Would be extremely disappointed if the club doesn't recognize it and invest in it full-heartedly.

Tactics.

Jul 20, 2012
Its over we as fans know what went wrong and I hope Conte realizes what went wrong. Also now that we have a good lead in Serie A we can secure the title and the money from the cl should beneift us. I hope that in the remaining matches aganist the weaker sides Conte tries different tactics and formations as we could drop a couple points

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
You've got to agree with Conte that we're a 18 months old team.and still work in progress,yes we failde and dissapointed,but i hope we learn from this and continue that work.
Waiting to wrap up the Scudetto and start the mercato.

Forza Juve!

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Outclassed Bayern had total control, We did well for our first year back in CL for 3 years.
Conte and the team will learn from this and hopefully come back stronger next year.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
So now we've become lovable losers....

It comes down to what I, and some others here said before this season started- we don't have a world-class striker or strikers that can take control of the game and win it for us. We saw over 2 legs that we are the WORST offensive team of the last 8 in the CL...WORST !!!

We disposed of DP (who would have been good for at least one goal in the two legs, tbh) and replaced him with Bentner...yeah, that's real good management

With the exception of Vucinic, none of the forwards are good enough and don't justify their salaries. Get rid of all 3 of them, and spend some money on guys who consistently put the ball into the net

Which brings me to the comments of our obviously seeing-impaired general manager. if you are going to complain about economics, tell the Agnelli's to sell the team to someone who will put more money into players, rather than bitching about what everyone else spends. The only way we will win is by spending as much as everyone else, plain and simple. Otherwise, get happy with being knocked out in the quarters or worse every season.

Unfortunately, the Germans proved that they deserve the co-efficient, and are the better league. We may win the scudetto, but take a good look at the teams we are competing against, not exactly the best of the best in Europe anymore....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)