[Champions League] Frozen Kebab 1-0 JUVENTUS (Dec. 11th 2013) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Against well organised European teams, even ones who have a piss poor defensive record, we look so toothless in attack.

It's obviously not the personel, players half as good as ours seem to be able to smash goals past Gala and Copenhagen. It's the system

I won't yet again list all of the faults with 3-5-2 but if I could pick one thing i'd like to hear Conte explain it would be why we field an extra CB only to have said CB join our attacks. First of all, the CB is obviosuly going to be $#@! in the final 3rd, 2nd of all. If you want an extra man up there, why a CB?

Might aswell play 3-5-1-1 just to fit Storari in behind the striker.
You're right, it's totally idiotic. The days of the libero are long gone. Just leave him in the grave where he belongs.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It was funny reading the comments yesterday, folks were pleading with the internet to have the match forfeited by Gala because their pitch was filled with sleet. What do you want them to do, engage in weather modification?

You know you've been spoiled when you're blaming other teams for meteorological phenomena.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
Had the game ended 0-0 all of this negative talk wouldn't be seen, so funny how one goal drags us from being one of the best preforming teams in Europe to a team that is outdated and doesn't have a winning mentality. I don't blame you people as it's a hard time at the moment, but just remember that this is the team that could've had 6 points from the 2 Madrid games.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
This devastating, really a shocking result
We can only have our self to blame

Even how you could allow 3 on 3 situation when you need only a draw and play in a fucking horrible field. Let us put like 6 players ready always to defend, gala wouldn't been able to score

We are just poor

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Well I have to say it's a shocking result for juventus, although I really wanted Juve to progress, to play against the big guns. And I have to admit that the pitch and condition were utter shit, this was a clear advantage for a side like Galatasaray, because they operate with long balls, while Juventus is clearly the better football team, which they couldn't show up today due to bad conditions. But in the end Juventus didn't lose it today, it were the games before against the Turks at home and the stupid draw against Copenhagen, which acutally are the main reasons for this years elimination of CL.

To see Teams like Zenit qualified with 6 points, or Galatasaray is just :facepalm2:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It sucks now, but this is an opportunity long term if used properly. This could be the wake up call that we needed, like against Inter last season. I'm confident that Conte and the board can capitalize on it.

Forza Juve.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
First 17 shots on target and dominating the match.. Then a 2-2 in the last iffing second while dominating the second half.. Then an unfair red card while playing better overall.. Then CR scores making us pay for the first mistake we make (martin's pass) (think how many teams don't pay till the 3ed or 4th mistake) in a match where we also played very well in the first half but Iker was a god then.. Then a win.. Then when we had a chance to redeem and were in our best form, game stops and we play somewhere you can't even pass the ball to your teammate..

Only out of respect I won't say that word that makes you sick..
Basically We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times gifting our opponents scoring opportunities. We cant score and we cant defend it's as simple as that. Sure today was the only day we were unlucky with the pitch being like it is there was not much we could do. We shouldn't have been in this position in the 1st place we should have been qualified by now.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
4 - Juventus have been awarded the most penalties in the #UCL this season (four) and scored all of them. Expert.

3 - Juventus attempted only 3 shots on target vs Galatasaray, a league-low for Juventus in #UCL this season. Frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)