[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (56 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
We were playing Mellberg, Legrotagglie, Molinaro, Marchionni and Tiago last time we faced these shmucks. What a difference a couple years make

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Skipping class for this one, bought a stash for this, gonna get a few cases then imma watch my friends cry (chelski fans) then Imma laugh. It's gonna be a good day.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I reckon Chelsea will throw the kitchen sink at us in the opening 15 mins. They will have the home crowd behind him and as the current Champions, will want to prove a point. We need to weather that storm and then gradually assert ourselves on the game. I think with our brilliant midfield trio, we will dominate possesion and create a lot of chances.
Yeah, while I don't expect Chelsea to be particularly bold through the game, one always expects an English team to try and force a high tempo early in the game.

I hope we don't play a high as fuck defensive line.
There's certainly no reason to.

Juve should be okay with leaving a fair amount of space in the midfield and backing themselves to control that area of the pitch.

All references to the Black Eyed Peas shall be punished by -REP.

Repeat offenders will obviously need to be banned.
Ten-month bans for anyone who knows about the references and fails to report them?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A NEW ERA FOR CHELSEA

Chelsea host Juventus tonight in a match that there is no point previewing. Even bookies can't decide whether the game is more likely to end with a home win, an away win or a volcano erupting on the half-way line and spewing forth hot, molten lava and ginger lollipops. Since Chelsea's preposterous triumph last season, you see, no one knows what to expect from Big Cup any more.

Of course, in days gone by Juve knew precisely what to expect from games, but that sort of clairvoyance got them banned from Big Cup and relegated in 2006 and only now are they again a side to be feared for the influence of their players rather than their payers. They're Italian champions, on a 42-match unbeaten domestic run and guided by Antonio Conte, the most ingenious of all the managers in the world who are serving 10-match bans for failing to report match fixing.

"We come full of confidence and pride, we have the will and determination to prove we can do well," droned the Juve goalkeeper, Gigi Buffon, who will be as intrigued as anyone to watch Chelsea's attempt this season to deviate from a plan that saw them become European champions last term by having one shot on target to every 47 by the opposition.

"I expect a Juve who want to play their game, that is the Conte way," explained Roberto Di Matteo, before confirming that unlike last season, Chelsea will try to stop their opponents playing their game instead of relying on freakish cosmic interventions to save them. "They like to get on the ball and attack but we will try to eliminate the spaces on the pitch and fight back," lectured Di Matteo, as England's Brave and Loyal John Terry wondered if this daring new strategy meant he would have to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes, and John Obi Mikel practised his thrilling new trick of passing the ball forward.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/19/the-fiver-chelsea-juventus

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I really Hope Conte\Carrera don't play for a draw.. pls pls pls play to win at the bridge..I know the team is kinda new to this and leaving with a point from the lion's din so to speak would be good, but I just hope for a full 3 points. That would give us a good boost to push into the group.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Of course, in days gone by Juve knew precisely what to expect from games, but that sort of clairvoyance got them banned from Big Cup and relegated in 2006 and only now are they again a side to be feared for the influence of their players rather than their payers. They're Italian champions, on a 42-match unbeaten domestic run and guided by Antonio Conte, the most ingenious of all the managers in the world who are serving 10-match bans for failing to report match fixing.

Touché

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I really Hope Conte\Carrera don't play for a draw.. pls pls pls play to win at the bridge..I know the team is kinda new to this and leaving with a point from the lion's din so to speak would be good, but I just hope for a full 3 points. That would give us a good boost to push into the group.
I wouldnt disagree with such an approach.

We're new to the CL and are facing the current champions of this league in an away game. I would say lets start cautious and if we sense we can take 3 points from this game then take a more offensive approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)