[Champions League] Chelsea 1-0 JUVENTUS (02/25/09) (3 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i am glad that the attitude of some supporters does not affect the play on the pitch

the key players do act as role models and praise humility and here some of our fanboys are always crying because we are not barca and do not trash everyone and if it wasn't for ranieri we would trash everyone anyways ...

how can someone find the players attitude appropriate, but act themselves like the axe in the forest?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I'm guessing you think the same way about the Spanish league?
Barcelona and Villareal have a chance of qualifying so they could say they are flying the flag for their country but all in all the Spanish teams have been very disappointing.

Why do pro juve performance no matter what use Barcelona as a yard stick? We are far away from them in terms of quality so no one is expecting us to dominate teams.

Even if they were not in great form and Lyon are, they still scored a goal as that is what they like to do score goals, giving them a chance to qualify.

Chelsea are not a pacy side, they rely on ball retention and are not in good form but I still feel we did not do enough to score.

I feel United missed a trick by not scoring against Inter but they just have to win to go through but we not only have to win but win by 2 clear goals, not easy against Chelsea as we do not have the pace or guile to do that easily.

Mar 30, 2006
I think we can get thorugh at home. Chelsea are not a dynamic team just a solid one and any team can have an off day.

We need to give them the Hiddink Shocker, Two in the Pink and One in Hiddink. Then we will surely get through to the next round

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
the funny thing about you is every post you are saying juve are gonna fail, even when we do succeed. every single post.
We havent succeeded with anything yet this season, so pipe down, rookie

Well we can tolerate losing and stay hopeful so as you see, our case is closed. Can't you tolerate it? Then maybe it's you who needs to switch your favorite team to a better one. I don't say everything is OK but there still IS another leg Vincent.
my team will always be Juve, Hoori...long after we get rid of the clowns in charge

Its nonsense to talk about negative people in here. We have all tried to understand Vinman or even tried to convince him, that our team ain't that bad, but that has all failked in the last years. Useless, so give up. If you don't like it, ignore it.
Well, once again, I have to say that we didn't do that bad. Don't forget what kind of a team Chelsea is. It will take us at least 2 years, untill we have so much quality in our team. They brought Malouda of the bench.....says it all I guess.
Still, its halftime now, and we can either sit here and cry our ass off, or stay positive and hope, that the guys see this scoreline as a motivation.

Bottom line is, that we maybe don't have the same depth in our squad and no Lampard next to Ballack combo, but when it comes to fighting spirit and never giving up, we are maybe the best in Europe, as history has prooven.....
thats the smartest thing you've ever said on this forum...maybe there's hope for you yet

priceless, isn't it? :D
I tell it like it is, knucklehead.... dont like it, then take your own advice

First of all, our performance was not that bad. We were awful in the first 10-15 min then we picked up. its not because of chelsea backing off. This is our problem during the whole season. We lack concentration in the first few moments of the game. If we don't concede we would mostly win, but if we do we keep on running after the equalizer.

We are not playing the likes of Empoli in our home in the italian cup, we are in a knock out rounds of the champions league playing chelsea away.

I cannot say I wish we would have scored a goal or not have lost at all. But looking at the over all picture, I will keep on the faith till the last moment of the return leg.

We might not have Inter's squad, nor Chelsea's finances. In addition, we've been hit by the plague and we've been playing the same 11 every single game whatever the competition is during the whole season. We are still competing on all three competitions. I am proud of our players and team.
:flag: :flag:
I read the first sentence and that was enough....you either must not have watched the game, or were on a long bathroom break and missed all the bad passes and errors

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I dont know if we should even bother about the coppa, then again it might be the only silverware we could get.

Torino have been average all season, but its still a derby.

Mar 30, 2006
I dont know if we should even bother about the coppa, then again it might be the only silverware we could get.

Torino have been average all season, but its still a derby.
Well we can at least rotate our strikers every game and we also have Salihamidzic, Poulsen and Giovinco to give playing time too. I think the Coppa is important because it is a very realistic goal for us and we have not won it in a long time. I think we can get the job done against Lazio.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Our defence needs to be stronger. Chiellini had a bad day. He needs to stand up to Drogba. The midfield battle is quite even. Amauri seems to give Terry some trouble and might have scored if the referee had not blown for a foul when Terry fell down while trying to challenge him.

Jan 24, 2009
Despite whatever positive, or shall I say idiotic thoughts some of you might have about this team progressing, Chelsea showed us today all that this team lacks, and why we won't go any further in this tournament, or put any silverware in the cabinet come May

Face facts first, after the sad comedy I watched today, I have no doubts in my mind that Chelsea WILL score the away goal that knocks us out of this tournament. You can take that to the bank and cash it. I saw a bunch of stumbling, bumbling bunch of clowns in Juve jerseys who ran into each other, panicked every time Chelsea attacked, gave up the ball at every possible opportunity, couldnt string 2 passes together, and all in all played worse than an U-12 girls team would against Chelsea (no offense to the girlies under 12 !!)

Out-muscled, out-hustled, out-worked, out-skilled, out-passed, etc, etc, etc..... Chelsea showed us today that this team isnt good enough to be in the CL, and we need a major overhaul of players, coach, and management if we are ever going to be serious about this challenge

Molinaro was completely exposed today for his lack of defensive skill

Marchionni cannot take corner kicks, and passes the ball to the opposition at every opportunity

Legro is not better than he was in the 2003-04 season, and showed it today, as well as showing that he cant dribble the ball without losing it (with no one on him, mind you)

Tiago gave the ball away too many times, and showed that he has no heart after the collision with Chellini (I thought he was gonna cry)

Neddy has the heart of a 22 year old, but the body of a 40 year old

Camo looks poor this season, and is hurt again

DP and Amauri got little service, and did nothing with the chances they had

Sissoko is big and strong, but has no football mind or quality

RUINeri was outsmarted by a better coach....someone here mentioned in an earlier post about Ranieri's tactics, for the life of me, would someone tell me what they are ?? I am still trying to figure out what his gameplan is...I dont think he even knows !! All he knows is a 4-4-2 formation, but has no fucking clue what to do with it. Did we have a gameplan today ?? If we did, would someone tell me what it was ?? This idiot shouldnt be the coach of such a prestigious team as ours, we used to be feared....now, we are being laughed at. WTF

We will have to suffer through the rest of the season, and hope to get a CL spot (which isnt guaranteed with the way we've been playing), and then we need to get rid of RUINeri, the 3 stooges in management, Molinaro, Marchionni, Grygera, Tiago, put Legro in a permanent bench position (only to play in the Coppa), and bring some players, coach and management that have quality, and want to win.

Until we do this, we will keep seeing disappointment, and posts like mine

Well said. Finally, someone else sees the claring problems from last night's game. Unfortuantley Ranieri is a fuckin dumbass that cannot see the problem that are right in front of him.

one word: Diego. . . did you see him rip Milan a new asshole tonight.

3-3 Milan just got bounced fromk the Cup. No silverware for Milan again

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Despite whatever positive, or shall I say idiotic thoughts some of you might have about this team progressing, Chelsea showed us today all that this team lacks, and why we won't go any further in this tournament, or put any silverware in the cabinet come May

Face facts first, after the sad comedy I watched today, I have no doubts in my mind that Chelsea WILL score the away goal that knocks us out of this tournament. You can take that to the bank and cash it. I saw a bunch of stumbling, bumbling bunch of clowns in Juve jerseys who ran into each other, panicked every time Chelsea attacked, gave up the ball at every possible opportunity, couldnt string 2 passes together, and all in all played worse than an U-12 girls team would against Chelsea (no offense to the girlies under 12 !!)

Out-muscled, out-hustled, out-worked, out-skilled, out-passed, etc, etc, etc..... Chelsea showed us today that this team isnt good enough to be in the CL, and we need a major overhaul of players, coach, and management if we are ever going to be serious about this challenge

Molinaro was completely exposed today for his lack of defensive skill

Marchionni cannot take corner kicks, and passes the ball to the opposition at every opportunity

Legro is not better than he was in the 2003-04 season, and showed it today, as well as showing that he cant dribble the ball without losing it (with no one on him, mind you)

Tiago gave the ball away too many times, and showed that he has no heart after the collision with Chellini (I thought he was gonna cry)

Neddy has the heart of a 22 year old, but the body of a 40 year old

Camo looks poor this season, and is hurt again

DP and Amauri got little service, and did nothing with the chances they had

Sissoko is big and strong, but has no football mind or quality

RUINeri was outsmarted by a better coach....someone here mentioned in an earlier post about Ranieri's tactics, for the life of me, would someone tell me what they are ?? I am still trying to figure out what his gameplan is...I dont think he even knows !! All he knows is a 4-4-2 formation, but has no fucking clue what to do with it. Did we have a gameplan today ?? If we did, would someone tell me what it was ?? This idiot shouldnt be the coach of such a prestigious team as ours, we used to be feared....now, we are being laughed at. WTF

We will have to suffer through the rest of the season, and hope to get a CL spot (which isnt guaranteed with the way we've been playing), and then we need to get rid of RUINeri, the 3 stooges in management, Molinaro, Marchionni, Grygera, Tiago, put Legro in a permanent bench position (only to play in the Coppa), and bring some players, coach and management that have quality, and want to win.

Until we do this, we will keep seeing disappointment, and posts like mine
I read most of that I have to say it's a complete load of rubbish.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
The only player we got that can add something to our next game is Giovinco.
It was clear we could've created a lot in the second half, but our passing was so poor that we threw away some good chances to build up an attack.

I seriously don't understand why Gio isn't used, from what I've seen of him, he certainly can provide more attacking creativity and spark than Marchionni and Nedved.

If we had some chances I'm certain either DP or Amauri can finish. They were good yesterday and Amauri does not deserve a 5.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
The only player we got that can add something to our next game is Giovinco.
It was clear we could've created a lot in the second half, but our passing was so poor that we threw away some good chances to build up an attack.

I seriously don't understand why Gio isn't used, from what I've seen of him, he certainly can provide more attacking creativity and spark than Marchionni and Nedved.

If we had some chances I'm certain either DP or Amauri can finish. They were good yesterday and Amauri does not deserve a 5.
Beats me. I really think Giovinco will have given the defenders a massive headache. It makes me wonder y Ranieri still doesn't wanna play Giovinco. Nedved cannot hang on this long anymore and Marchionni is way too inconsistent. I will actually like to see Iaquinta on the right wing instead of Marchionni.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Beats me. I really think Giovinco will have given the defenders a massive headache. It makes me wonder y Ranieri still doesn't wanna play Giovinco. Nedved cannot hang on this long anymore and Marchionni is way too inconsistent. I will actually like to see Iaquinta on the right wing instead of Marchionni.
Ranieri wants at least one winger who scales back because he now realizes that the fullbacks are mediocre at best. Ranieri is always interested in defending the lead that the team fails to acquire due to the lack of attacking options and support for the strikers. It's a big chain reaction and there's obviously a need for patchwork come July 1st.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
personally i think we can do it torino, with our home ground support they will be intimidated. we will be pumped.

i think we can really shock them, only thing im scared of is when they get essien back they will be hard to break down.

i still think we can do it though, lets do it for pavel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)