[Champions League] Chelsea 1-0 JUVENTUS (02/25/09) (1 Viewer)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i'm having mixed feelings about this one, iam really excited but i'm also a bit tense to be hoenst. i hope all goes well for us and hopefully we get out of london with a good result that will make it easier at home.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We have always been slow to start off in matches, but against Real it was different... I hope we show the same attitude at the Bridge... a score draw would be a good result...

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
COME ON MY BABIES!!! beat those wana-be real madrid idiots!... just like we beat real madrid ... show them how real football is done and make them know that they are only as good as the defence they play against and the defence in england sucks... so they suck :p, stanford bridge will be ours for the taking!!!

gangster

Feb 23, 2009
Hi everybody. I'm in Dubai and I'm looking for a place where to watch the game Chelsea-Juve, possibly with black and white supporters....can someone help me? thanks a lot...and forza juve!

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
:ultra: :flag3:
COME ON MY BABIES!!! beat those wana-be real madrid idiots!... just like we beat real madrid ... show them how real football is done and make them know that they are only as good as the defence they play against and the defence in england sucks... so they suck :p, stanford bridge will be ours for the taking!!!

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Hi everybody. I'm in Dubai and I'm looking for a place where to watch the game Chelsea-Juve, possibly with black and white supporters....can someone help me? thanks a lot...and forza juve!
we don't want to have anything with gangsters ..change name, and someone will hook you up not only with BW supporters but also with something to gang

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
What would you get if Chelsea were relegated ?
40,000 more Man United fans :p

I'm worried that Chelski is kind of mammoth team - Alex, Terry, Obi Wan Kenobi, Ballack, Lamptart, Drog, Anelka and I hope Ranieri is enough smart to avoid converting the game into a physical battle, he should tactically outclass that bunch of running hippopotami.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Blog: The History Boys

Chelsea will come up against more than Juventus in the Champions League, they’ll be taking on a club with a past. Giancarlo Rinaldi reports -

There are some things in football that money can’t buy – for everything else there is Roman Abramovich. However, Chelsea will this week take on a team which owns something that all the millions at Stamford Bridge cannot purchase ... a genuine world-class pedigree.

It is like the nouveau riche meeting old money. Juventus have more domestic honours than their London rivals could dream of. They have won every major international trophy there is – most of them more than once. And they were a world brand before the term was even thought of. Dozens of the world’s greatest players have come through their doors.

In contrast, the Blues are a modern upstart who have only become a consistent European force since they started a lavish spending spree. It has brought them domestic trophies but not, so far, that elusive Champions League crown. Several Coaches have been sacrificed due to that failure.

It makes for an intriguing culture clash when the two teams meet. In the one corner you have the old establishment and in the other you have the new boys who want to take their crown. It should create two cracking ties.

However, both sides have not been without their troubles in recent times. Juve have gone through the grinder of Calciopoli and are still something of a work in progress. Chelsea, for their part, seem to have seen the purse strings tightened of late and are still in search of a style of play under their latest new Coach, Guus Hiddink.

If I was Claudio Ranieri, I would take my players – particularly the younger ones – on a tour of the Bianconeri history vaults before this game. A reminder of the importance of the club they are about to represent would do no harm whatsoever. Juventus already are what Chelsea aspire to be. If both clubs live up to their historic reputation – there can only be one winner.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Damn..only 2 days to go and I'm a wreck.

Do you guys think Marchisio will start ahead of Tiago. Its fairly obvious from the prevoius set ups that since Zanetti's long term injury, Sissoko and Poulsen compete for one central midfield spot and Tiago and Marchisio for the other

One person I'm happy Chelsea dont have is definately Joe Cole - I dont know how Grygera would have handled him if he strayed over to the left

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)