[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (121 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,642
    I've said it many times before in this thread and in the general CL thread, this won't be easy. I saw Celtic live last year when they played Helsingborg in the CL qualification and they weren't having a good game but still won (0-2). Then they beat Helsingborg at Celtic Park for the return leg, 2-0. Can't say I've watched them much more than that recently, just the Barcelona highlights. Their home record is impressive and their fans will lift them.

I think they have a few great players. Hooper impressed me as well as Samaras (I know he's criminally underrated by some). Samaras might not be very quick or technical but he's very dangerous on set pieces so we better watch out there.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

This you on the right Jack? :D
    Could very well be me.

I was talking with my mom the other day and she told me when I was 7 we were going to visit some friends and we have bought a present to take with us. (I can't remember what it was). Anyway, as soon as we arrived and we met the people, the first thing I said was "we got you this..." :lol2:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    This won't be easy but we should be fine. We hit our form in the right time and our players come back from injuries and suspensions. I think we're able to get a 1-goal win there but 1-1 result is more possible.

Celtic fans should stop using their "we beat Barca" argument as it's very invalid to use it in this situation. First of all Barca is superior to us in attack but they're a lightweight team unlike us. We are more physical and strong in the midfield and better organized in defense. This mach won't like Celtic - Barca that's for sure.

I believe our players are motivated enough for this one. We've missed CL for too long you can see the hunger for success is there. I hope none of our players get injured and we should be fine.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I've said it many times before in this thread and in the general CL thread, this won't be easy. I saw Celtic live last year when they played Helsingborg in the CL qualification and they weren't having a good game but still won (0-2). Then they beat Helsingborg at Celtic Park for the return leg, 2-0. Can't say I've watched them much more than that recently, just the Barcelona highlights. Their home record is impressive and their fans will lift them.

I think they have a few great players. Hooper impressed me as well as Samaras (I know he's criminally underrated by some). Samaras might not be very quick or technical but he's very dangerous on set pieces so we better watch out there.
    Nah Samaras really is that bad.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
    Could very well be me.

I was talking with my mom the other day and she told me when I was 7 we were going to visit some friends and we have bought a present to take with us. (I can't remember what it was). Anyway, as soon as we arrived and we met the people, the first thing I said was "we got you this..." :lol2:
    :rofl: now all I can picture is you as this little blonde fella going around reeking havoc at the birthday party :D
    This won't be easy but we should be fine. We hit our form in the right time and our players come back from injuries and suspensions. I think we're able to get a 1-goal win there but 1-1 result is more possible.

Celtic fans should stop using their "we beat Barca" argument as it's very invalid to use it in this situation. First of all Barca is superior to us in attack but they're a lightweight team unlike us. We are more physical and strong in the midfield and better organized in defense. This mach won't like Celtic - Barca that's for sure.

I believe our players are motivated enough for this one. We've missed CL for too long you can see the hunger for success is there. I hope none of our players get injured and we should be fine.
    One thing I will say is that the Barca game was at least recent history, nothing annoys me more then fans citing games from 2+ years ago or there abouts as they couldn't be less relevant (and I'm not just speaking about our current opposition).

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Who's with me for a 2-0? they score an early goal from set pieces, we dominate the game wasting tons of chances, they hit on the break late in the game another goal. I can really see this happening.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
    Jan 28, 2013
    Tomorrow he will be good.
    Let's hope not.

I think our back 3 are perfectly suited to deal with him. It's Hooper I'm more worried about as far as their attack is concerned. And their midfield hasn't faced anybody quite like Vidal yet so I think the arguments of Wanyama taking over the game are unfounded.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 121)