[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (41 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I saw the picture. I think it's 50/50. At the moment the ball is struck, his feet have him in an onside position, while is upper body is past the defender. Rules actually state the attacker should get the advantage in this situation, though I've seen it called and not-called. It's not definite.
The rules state that if any part of the attacker's body which can play the ball is ahead of the defender, it's offside.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
But that screenshot still doesn't prove it was offside, since you can't make out the defender's feet.

And before you ask: I don't know if it was offside or not. (Which, if I try to be objective, would mean it's not. Benefit of the doubt for the attacking player.)
Exactly this.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The position of the legs isn't important in the slightest

The 2005 edition of the Laws of the Game included a new International Football Association Board decision that stated being "nearer to an opponent's goal line" meant that "any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent typically being the goalkeeper).

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
cant see what? his invisible leg? let me remind you that validity of decision is independent of ref's perspective which in this case looks dodgy at best considering there is a player walking right in front of his sight during the action in question.
But you can't see the defender's legs/feet on your screenshot, can you? Which makes it impossible to say the attacker was ahead of them or not.
Like I said, I don't know if it was or wasn't, it just surprises me to see so many people being 100% certain of their opinion, regardless of which side of the argument they're on.

The position of the legs isn't important in the slightest
Of course it does. Legs and/or feet are a part of that second-last opponent, so in this case the attacking player needs to be ahead of them for it to be offside.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
it dosent matter if it was offside or not, we got dominated plain and simple we were lucky to only lose 2-0 to be honest.
many things can change football, if the goal was called as offside then 1-0 wouldn't have been to bad, if vidal didn't deflect the goal Buffon would have saved it and we would have been 0-0, if the pirlo free kick went in we would have one 1-0

but we didn't because we didn't deserve it. plain and simple, although the 2nd goal was offside and I would have considered 1-0 loss a good result.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But you can't see the defender's legs/feet on your screenshot, can you? Which makes it impossible to say the attacker was ahead of them or not.
Like I said, I don't know if it was or wasn't, it just surprises me to see so many people being 100% certain of their opinion, regardless of which side of the argument they're on.
Of course it does. Legs and/or feet are a part of that second-last opponent, so in this case the attacking player needs to be ahead of them for it to be offside.
we also dont know the exact millisecond the ball leaves gustavo's foot, does it hamper the obvious appreciation of this situation, which does look rather obvious to me.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
we also dont know the exact millisecond the ball leaves gustavo's foot, does it hamper the obvious appreciation of this situation, which does look rather obvious to me.
Exactly. We're both seeing the same thing, but drawing different conclusions. No, scratch that. I'm not even able to draw a conclusion :D

Oh, and I feel the same way as you do about the return leg. I just don't see us winning that game.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I hope Conte would change our formation to 4-3-3:

Buffon

Isla Barzagli Bonucci Cheillini

Pirlo Asamoah

Pogba

Gio Quag Vucinic​
bonucci can not play in a 4 man back line, he is to mistake prone, in a 3 at the back he is perfect as the sweeper. if we did have a 4 at the back it would have to be

Isla-barzagli-chiellini-peluso

or even

-----bonucci-----
barza-chiellini-peluso

the 3 at the front playing as cb's

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Buffon

Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Caceres-Pogba-Pirlo-Marchisio-Asamoah

Vucinic-Quagliarella​

Keep those Atalanta turds away from the starting lineup.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Anelka would be great playing in between the MF and front line, he can do a proper job connecting both lines and holding the ball. Maybe keep Quag for the 2nd half and start with Anelka instead next to Gio and Vucinic

bonucci can not play in a 4 man back line, he is to mistake prone, in a 3 at the back he is perfect as the sweeper. if we did have a 4 at the back it would have to be

Isla-barzagli-chiellini-peluso

or even

-----bonucci-----
barza-chiellini-peluso

the 3 at the front playing as cb's
I wouldn't wanna see Peluso anywhere near the pitch come Wednesday. Bonucci in a 4 man d-line is more reliable than Peluso anywhere

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
At the end of the day, yes Bayern did deserve to win. But the way we actually did concede those two goals could have easily been prevented. And it's annoying as hell to know we could have walked away with a 0-0 as we did the last time we played there. And even then, we got shat on. Then they finished us off at home 4-1 as we all know. Most memorable thing of that night was the fans setting part of the seats on fire. And occasionally kept going over fuelling it with match day programmes. Only in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)