[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (12 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah, it was the same slow start last season. Perhaps sitting him out the next game and talking to him would help but I'm sure this Alex is only temporary.
Alex is really not off-form. Apparently, some people don't know the difference between being off-form and not not giving a good display.

Ale is even faster than last season from what I've noticed, he's moving a lot in the midfield and doing lot of work. The only thing he's missing is a goal.

What pisses me off, is that some kids around here thinks that If a player doesn't score then he's out of date.

You also have others whom are asking for Giovinvo to have creativity inside the field, which is a normal thing. And then they request taking off Del Piero.

Are they really looking for creativity or benching Alex? because as far as I know Alex alongside Mauro and our young Giovinvo are the only creative players we have in the whole squad. The only players whom can pass and cross properly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Ranieri amazed by BATE
Tuesday 30 September, 2008
Claudio Ranieri admits he was “surprised” by BATE Borisov, but that Juventus could've won after their nightmare start.

“We knew BATE would take this kind of approach, but they did surprise us with their pace, there's no point denying it. The strikers were moving constantly and the diagonal passes kept finding them,” he said after the fight back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in Minsk.

“It was a nightmare 25 minutes and we did well not to give up. The side reacted brilliantly and the moment we managed to string a couple of passes together, we went into the area. (wow we managed to string a couple of passes together...)

Before that it was just impossible to move the ball around the way we usually do. We couldn't close them down anywhere on the pitch.” (so it is impossible to move the ball around against BATE)

Sebastian Giovinco was a surprise starter on the right side of midfield and he proved decisive, providing two assists for Vincenzo Iaquinta's goals.

“We wanted to clear Giovinco on the right flank because their full-back never pushed forward there, but BATE didn't give us time to think in midfield and we just couldn't get into the game. It's lucky we held on and reacted well to earn the point.

“Giovinco is doing his part this season, but we cannot ask for the moon immediately, even if he did put in two great assists. We need time to get to know him and he to know us.”

Juve risked an embarrassing defeat against the Belarus side and Ranieri insists he did his research.

“Tonight we were convinced BATE had quality and did not underestimate them, but there's no denying they did surprise us. They deserve praise, as they ran with the strength of 22 men rather than 11.

“The lads had got into the game by half-time, indeed after the first half hour. BATE surprised us and scored two goals in that period, but we emerged with determination, quality and intelligence to fight our way back into it. (ya pure quality...)

“We did everything we could to win it and didn't manage by a small margin. It's a shame, as Real Madrid won away to Zenit and we wanted to catch them, but a point is better than nothing.”

The results put Juve in second place on four points behind Real Madrid's six in Group H.

We are growing (growing?!?!!?HAHA) and that is the important thing. Of course playing against a side that ends its season in a month and is at peak fitness really tested us.”

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
“We did everything we could to win it and didn't manage by a small margin. It's a shame, as Real Madrid won away to Zenit and we wanted to catch them, but a point is better than nothing.”

And this is why ladies and getleman we will never win somthing with Ranieri, he is a loser

Jun 13, 2007
The positive : Giovinco plays two games and has 3 assists. Despite Ranieri not instilling too much confidence in the kid, he shines when given the chance, He's our rising star. He dragged the team back into the game despite being in a team that was utterly disorganized, out of position, and uninspired. For a 21 year old to step up like that is impressive to say the least.

The problem:

I think our problem today was very clear. The players we' think and know are going to be on form and at their best weren't, Im referring to Chiellini, Nedved, Sissoko, Camo. The players that usually end up saving the team were really the ones that nearly cost the team all three points.

The negative:

We have no organization, The first 30 mins of the game were quite simply shocking. Our defense and midfield were playing like a bunch of school children running around aimlessly. We needed moments of inspiration from GIo and IQ, whom mind you, are not regularly starters. One would wonder what we would have done with out the pint sized substitute and the pumped up big man.

Final note:
The bottom line is, unless our star players raise their game, Im talking about Ale, Neddy, Camo, Momo, and Chiellini, we will continue to see disappointing draws against inferior sides. It's simply a question of when, when will the players step up, when will they regain their form and when will Ranieri get some sense already and play a fucking REASONABLE starting 11 this season. I won't blame Ranieri today because he really wasn't at fault, but putting a struggling Camo in the center of midfield had no explanation whatsoever. Then again, what from Ranieri's actions do have REASONABLE explanations.

Mar 30, 2006
Alex is really not off-form. Apparently, some people don't know the difference between being off-form and not not giving a good display.

Ale is even faster than last season from what I've noticed, he's moving a lot in the midfield and doing lot of work. The only thing he's missing is a goal.

What pisses me off, is that some kids around here thinks that If a player doesn't score then he's out of date.

You also have others whom are asking for Giovinvo to have creativity inside the field, which is a normal thing. And then they request taking off Del Piero.

Are they really looking for creativity or benching Alex? because as far as I know Alex alongside Mauro and our young Giovinvo are the only creative players we have in the whole squad. The only players whom can pass and cross properly.

Yeah without Del Piero we create hardly any chances. If anyone should be dropped it should be Nedved for Giovinco cuz Nedved has not future here as a player anymore so what is the point in making sure he plays every game and is happy when he is not performing. Giovinco is playing well and will be here for many years.

Whatever we get from Nedved is a bonus for what he has given us but we should by no means rely on him

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
The main blame i have on Ranieri is that 5 minutes before the opening goal Legro asked to be subbed cause his muscle pulled up. Instead Ranieri left him on for a bit, the through-ball was played and since Legro couldn't run the right side of the defence was empty, and if he had been able to run or had been replaced we would not have conceeded our first goal

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If I was Ranieri after the team played like this I would take them to a camp and make them train constantly ...

Then I owuld sacrifice one of the first 11 today in order to prove a point. The death penalty is not too harsh given the performance today. They brought shame to us.

Idiot.

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Ranieri amazed by BATE
Claudio Ranieri admits he was “surprised” by BATE Borisov, but that Juventus could've won after their nightmare start.

“We knew BATE would take this kind of approach, but they did surprise us with their pace, there's no point denying it. The strikers were moving constantly and the diagonal passes kept finding them,” he said after the fight back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in Minsk.

“It was a nightmare 25 minutes and we did well not to give up. The side reacted brilliantly and the moment we managed to string a couple of passes together, we went into the area.

“Before that it was just impossible to move the ball around the way we usually do. We couldn't close them down anywhere on the pitch.”

Sebastian Giovinco was a surprise starter on the right side of midfield and he proved decisive, providing two assists for Vincenzo Iaquinta's goals.

“We wanted to clear Giovinco on the right flank because their full-back never pushed forward there, but BATE didn't give us time to think in midfield and we just couldn't get into the game. It's lucky we held on and reacted well to earn the point.

“Giovinco is doing his part this season, but we cannot ask for the moon immediately, even if he did put in two great assists. We need time to get to know him and he to know us.”

Juve risked an embarrassing defeat against the Belarus side and Ranieri insists he did his research.

“Tonight we were convinced BATE had quality and did not underestimate them, but there's no denying they did surprise us. They deserve praise, as they ran with the strength of 22 men rather than 11.

“The lads had got into the game by half-time, indeed after the first half hour. BATE surprised us and scored two goals in that period, but we emerged with determination, quality and intelligence to fight our way back into it.

The results put Juve in second place on four points behind Real Madrid's six in Group H.

“We are growing and that is the important thing. Of course playing against a side that ends its season in a month and is at peak fitness really tested us.”

........ I Fucking Hate you Raneri...... a loser and always will be one.....

watermelon

Nov 24, 2005
Manninger: not at fault - 5
Grygera: did ok - 5.5
Legrottaglie: injured early - NR
Chiellini: shaky - 4.5
De Ceglie: fine - 6
Giovinco: bright in patches, nice assists - 6.5
Camoranesi: LOL!! - 4.5
Sissoko: horrible first half, much better second half - 5.5
Nedved: poor display - 4.5
Del Piero: selfish but still dangerous - 5
Iaquinta: played like a true 'Vincenzo' - 7

Knezevic: ok - 5
Marchisio: ok - 5
Amauri: horrible - 1.5

Amauri 1.5? are u kidding me? he did well since brought on.

Del Piero surely was never in the game, no idea what he was thinking. He could have been replaced by Amauri insread of I9.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
im steaming right now,a nd i am fed up with these post match comments which are all the same. last week it was " its not a must to win"and guess what we drew with sampodria. tonight its oh my god bate actually play football and bloody humilated us but its ok we got one crappy point and we will host madrid next time and its not important to win them at all its ok we will qualify by magic.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
lucky luke and his friends might have done a better job in the first 30 mins than DP and his friends did.:cry:....theres was no Juve....Bate won 5 corners in like 8 minutes....we couldnt even hold the ball....

Sep 2, 2004
I cant believe this is a guy who coaches Juventus and makes statements like that after the game. When is the last time that happened? Ranieri is horrible, said it when we hired him, and will keep saying it til we fire him.

Mar 30, 2006
Ranieri amazed by BATE

“It was a nightmare 25 minutes and we did well not to give up. The side reacted brilliantly and the moment we managed to string a couple of passes together, we went into the area. (wow we managed to string a couple of passes together...)

Before that it was just impossible to move the ball around the way we usually do. We couldn't close them down anywhere on the pitch.” (so it is impossible to move the ball around against BATE)

“The lads had got into the game by half-time, indeed after the first half hour. BATE surprised us and scored two goals in that period, but we emerged with determination, quality and intelligence to fight our way back into it. (ya pure quality...)

We are growing (growing?!?!!?HAHA) and that is the important thing. Of course playing against a side that ends its season in a month and is at peak fitness really tested us.”
wTF? if Giovinco is performing he should play .. and what is Ranieri talking about? Is he talking about playing Giovinco or Fucking Giovinco?

AlfaRomeo

Jul 26, 2008
Ranieri quit football.
Go to disneyland. You are a clown already.

Nedved quit football.

Del Piero quit Juventus.
Go to a mid/bottom class premier league team.
Go to L.A. Galaxy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)