[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (4 Viewers)

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
If there is a formation without one of Chiellini, Camoranesi, Nedved or Del Piero......change it because we're certainly going to see all of them on Tuesday.

All these guys (+Trezeguet, Buffon and Zebina) will play every CL match unless they are injured or suspended. They were part of the pre-Calciopoli Juve, they played in serie B and they're living for these CL matches.
Ranieri won't have the guts to leave one of them on the bench and they'll make a big drama if Ranieri dares to put them on the bench.
guess thats true, even though some should only play 45 min, or atleast be rested in the Serie A games the weekend before

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
We will NOT win this game. We are not capable of scoring more than 1 goal i a match and when we concede one we are not capable of scoring another one. We are happy of scoring just 1 goal. Besides we didnt play even 1 game an attacking game, eager to score 3 goals in a game, as we did last year. We are the most mediocre team in Serie A. We have to admit it and we have to forget that we will qualify from the CL. We dont have any quality players in the defence and in the midfield. Last year we finished 3rd because our stalwarts palyers were in very good form. These year Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero, Chierllini are out of form.
we are not soooo bad...

If there is a formation without one of Chiellini, Camoranesi, Nedved or Del Piero......change it because we're certainly going to see all of them on Tuesday.

All these guys (+Trezeguet, Buffon and Zebina) will play every CL match unless they are injured or suspended. They were part of the pre-Calciopoli Juve, they played in serie B and they're living for these CL matches.
Ranieri won't have the guts to leave one of them on the bench and they'll make a big drama if Ranieri dares to put them on the bench.
If Grygera continues like that i don't think that we will see Zebina as a first team player is Grygera is well again...

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
We need to rest some players. Palermo is a very hard game! I am always nervous when we play Palermo, we need to rest Amauri and start Iaquinta. Amauri needs to be used Sunday, dont want to risk him with injury. I believe that our strikers really need to work on their finishing. The Catania game made me so pissed because Gio, Del Piero, and Amauri all had brilliant chances but just could not put them away. BATE is a team where our team can really gain some confidence and maybe we can be able to play like the Juve that can actually score. Lets just hope for the best :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
never underestimate a CL team...ppl are taking a BATE a little too easy...yes, we are Juventus we should destroy them and all that, but the team is not performing to its full potential, and resting key players would only make it that more difficult...play the best XI, go for the best possible result, then we can think about Palermo

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Ya i guess you are right Ahmed. We cant underestimate them. CL is full of suprises, look at Roma, they got humiliated by CFR Cluji or whatever they are called. We do need to focus on this. I am just scared Amauri is gonna get hurt... we cant have that happen... :(

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
I think Ranieri should have a team that can bring some nice offensive play...

Manninger
Grygera - Legro - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Marchisio - Giovinco
Del Piero - Amauri

Let the youngsters start getting some CL experience.. And I hope we can destroy them with such a formation... I expect 2-0

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Good point there. But I think our champs should focus this week more on Palermo. That said, I don't mind the big names playing. I love that actually.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I think Ranieri should have a team that can bring some nice offensive play...

Manninger
Grygera - Legro - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Marchisio - Giovinco
Del Piero - Amauri

Let the youngsters start getting some CL experience.. And I hope we can destroy them with such a formation... I expect 2-0
good formation ........

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Im not going to ask the question that I usually pose before matches because I'm 99% sure I already know the answer.

Oooohhhhh, oh my God. How dareth we unleash Giovinco against BATE BORISOV. They're like the 1970 Brazil of the Balkans. :shocked:

ajoz

Sep 22, 2008
28 September 2008
Juve already at work, team flies to Minsk on Monday

Juventus continue their series of close-up games. Just a few hours after the game at the Ferraris against Sampdoria and after returning from Genoa, the team immediately resumed training in Vinovo with a morning session today.

As usual, those who played had a lighter session, while the others trained normally, including Nicola Legrottaglie, who missed the Samp game but today took part in the final training match too.

Buffon's fitness is improving, and this morning he worked as normal with Goalkeeping Coach Giorgio Pellizzaro. But the keeper won't be taking part in the trip as a precaution. He'll be staying in Turin with Poulsen, whom Claudio Ranieri has decided to rest for one game. Injured players Zanetti and Trezeguet will also stay home. However, Zebina will be travelling with the team, even if he won't be available for the match itself. Junior keeper Nocchi has also been called up.

In total a 21-man squad will depart tomorrow morning – Monday September 29th – for Belarus and, after a three-hour flight, will reach Minsk, the city Bate Borisov have selected to play their home Champions League games. Here is the list of players in full.

3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
7 Salihamidzic
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
15 Knezevic
16 Camoranesi
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
28 Molinaro
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
31 Nocchi
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie

*juventus.com

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
to ajoz

Buffon and Poulsen not called up.

Juve already at work, team flies to Minsk on Monday
Juventus continue their series of close-up games. Just a few hours after the game at the Ferraris against Sampdoria and after returning from Genoa, the team immediately resumed training in Vinovo with a morning session today.

As usual, those who played had a lighter session, while the others trained normally, including Nicola Legrottaglie, who missed the Samp game but today took part in the final training match too.

Buffon's fitness is improving, and this morning he worked as normal with Goalkeeping Coach Giorgio Pellizzaro. But the keeper won't be taking part in the trip as a precaution. He'll be staying in Turin with Poulsen, whom Claudio Ranieri has decided to rest for one game. Injured players Zanetti and Trezeguet will also stay home. However, Zebina will be travelling with the team, even if he won't be available for the match itself. Junior keeper Nocchi has also been called up.

In total a 21-man squad will depart tomorrow morning – Monday September 29th – for Belarus and, after a three-hour flight, will reach Minsk, the city Bate Borisov have selected to play their home Champions League games. Here is the list of players in full.

3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
7 Salihamidzic
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
15 Knezevic
16 Camoranesi
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
28 Molinaro
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
31 Nocchi
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie
Juventus.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)