[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (6 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
I don't put this down to our strikers though. You can't blame them if the mids dont get the ball into a scoring position.

I blame this more on the movement of the players and how Ranieri has them set up rather than on any individual players or anything.

We need to win this 3-0 I think..
They are showing the Madrid-Zenit game on TV in Canada so I will watch that and hope Juve dominates BATE .. or shall i call them BAIT. hahah

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
It is tough to play at 70. And learn English

hahah

In all seriousness I doubt management would fire Ranieri even if we came 5th. I just have this feeling.
We won't finish below third. But if this keeps up, there's no chance of us winning anything, not to mention reach the quarters in CL.\

Is ART showing our game guys?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm not giving this game too much attention, of course a win is at least what we'll ask here. But Looking at our current situation I'd rather we focus this week more vs Palermo.

That said, 3points from this match will give us a push for Sunday's match.

My team would be

Manninger

Grygera - Mellberg - Legro - De Ceglie

Sissoko - Poulsen​

Marchionni - Camoranesi - Giovinco

Iaquinta​

I'd rest Chiellini, Del Piero, Amauri, Nedved and keep them for the Palermo clash.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I hope you're not serious...you do realise we are facing Madrid twice after this game...
It's a very good lineup. We can dominate bate with that team for sure. Amauri alone can dismantle their d, so it would be wiser to field him. I believe in IQ though, he's up for it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I believe we can depend on Iaquinta If we field Marchionni, Camoranesi and Giovinco behind him. All three can cross, pass, run fast. Anyhow not that I would mind Del Piero and Amauri playing.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Amauri HAS to be there...I would only go as far as saying that we may gamble to bench Ale in favour of an Iaquinta-Amauri partnership, but nothing too radical...either we go with the same team as vs. Sampdoria (minus Molinaro of course) or:

Manninger
Grygera - Mellberg - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Marchionni - Sissoko - Marchisio - Giovinco
Iaquinta - Amauri

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Amauri HAS to be there...I would only go as far as saying that we may gamble to bench Ale in favour of an Iaquinta-Amauri partnership, but nothing too radical...either we go with the same team as vs. Sampdoria (minus Molinaro of course) or:

Manninger
Grygera - Mellberg - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Marchionni - Sissoko - Marchisio - Giovinco
Iaquinta - Amauri
I think Buffon will be fit for this one, no? Either way, it doesn't matter that much.

I hope Ranieri starts Giovinco, he's relying on Nedved way too much. It's time for a break..

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think we should rest Grygera as well. Little reminder for him that there is competition for that place. play Sali instead.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I think we should rest Grygera as well. Little reminder for him that there is competition for that place. play Sali instead.
Grygera already had a day off (vs. Cagliari I think), and hasn't been doing badly...going forward there is a lot to be desired, but he is pretty sound defensively

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)