[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (3 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
:disagree: we would be a shambles without Momo...he is probably our best player along with Amauri, he simply has to be there against BATE
we could play Tiago maybe? I really don't think we need to put out all of our starters against them. But it could be risky so you are probably right. Especially with the funk we are in right now with our confidence so low.

A good hammering of a shitty team is what is needed hahahah

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we have 2 very tough games after this, and we can't afford to take it easy against BATE...we have to play our best XI, and Momo is a key member of that...Tiago cannot be expected to perform in such a crucial game...I would be over the moon if we hammered them 4-0, but Madrid only managed a 2-0 win over BATE at home, so obviously they are made of sterner stuff and cannot be taken for granted

Mar 30, 2006
Madrid we crucified for not scoring more goals though and a win is a win. They had a lot of chances though. So hopefully we do the same and put them away this time.
I hope Madrid and Zenit draw that way we can take a lead but if one of them have to win I want it to be Madrid cuz I don't wants Zenit sneaking back up on us with points.

So I guess we will field:

Del Piero----Amauri/Iaquinta

Nedved--Momo--Poulsen--Camo

DC--Cheillini--Leggro-----Grygera

----------Manninger

possibly Giovinco for Nedved?

Mar 30, 2006
I think Poulsen was better than Marchisio when they played together. Marchisio was giving the ball away to easy while poulsen seems better at holding on to it and distributing it so I think he would be best against a team like Bate who will be defending with numbers. But that is why I thought we could have tried Tiago cuz he is better than both of them at going forward and we could use his delivery on set pieces which we will be getting alot of I would imagine. Another possibility is going for a super offensive look with a diamond midfield with Giovinco as a trequartista with Nedved on the left and Camo on the right.

That would defn get us some goals.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I would attribute that to a lack of experience on the part of Marchisio...he would try too many difficult passes too early in the game...but another thing that is for certain is that the guy has good vision, pretty good passing range and fights 100% for every ball...Poulsen has been too timid in his play, and deserves a reminder that he is not that far from being benched, with Marchisio waiting in the wings and Mr. Assist Cristiano Zanetti also nearing fitness...

Mar 30, 2006
I'm sure Nedved and Molinaro will be in the starting line-up again because it seems that Ranieri didn't make any assessments from today's match
Nedved prob will because he is pretty much playing this year only for the CL. I think Molinero will be out for DC.

DC is probably ahead in the pecking order right now based on Molinero's recent games but Molinero got the start tonight cuz DC played Mid week and Ranieri probably thought it would be good to have a fresh LB as well as letting Molinero redeem himself after his bad games and getting some confidence after getting booed by the home fans. But .. it did not go as he planned .. if he actually plans things hahha

Either way I am almost positive DC will start against BATE

Mar 30, 2006
I would attribute that to a lack of experience on the part of Marchisio...he would try too many difficult passes too early in the game...but another thing that is for certain is that the guy has good vision, pretty good passing range and fights 100% for every ball...Poulsen has been too timid in his play, and deserves a reminder that he is not that far from being benched, with Marchisio waiting in the wings and Mr. Assist Cristiano Zanetti also nearing fitness...
I don't think Poulsen is being timid he is simply being more conservative and maintaining his positional responsiblities when playing with Sissoko who gives everything but also gets out of position and runs after people so Poulsen is needed to hold back and close down passing lanes to prevent then from simply passing it around momo and through to our area.

When Zanetti comes back there wont be any sure fire starter I think .. Ranieri will just roatate between Zanetti, Poulsen and Momo while giving time to Marchisio when he can/feels like it.

Mar 30, 2006
Ranieri is hell bent on resting players for some reason even though it is only a month into the season. If I was coach I would have played Giovinco in every game so far probably and only used Molinero is DC is out injured or suspended.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't think Poulsen is being timid he is simply being more conservative and maintaining his positional responsiblities when playing with Sissoko who gives everything but also gets out of position and runs after people so Poulsen is needed to hold back and close down passing lanes to prevent then from simply passing it around momo and through to our area.

When Zanetti comes back there wont be any sure fire starter I think .. Ranieri will just roatate between Zanetti, Poulsen and Momo while giving time to Marchisio when he can/feels like it.
if Il Cobra can find the form of last year, there is no doubt he will be the #1 CMF of the team

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Ranieri is hell bent on resting players for some reason even though it is only a month into the season. If I was coach I would have played Giovinco in every game so far probably and only used Molinero is DC is out injured or suspended.
Agreed...
I don't understand why he always rotate DC and Moli as LB but still made Moli as a first starter for the tough games..DC played as starter in home match against Catania and Udinese, and on the away match (Cagliari, Fio, Samp) plus one home match (Zenit) he played Moli...
So i think in the Ranieri's pecking order he still has Moli in his heart as LB
that's why he plays Moli against Samp and probably DC against BATE
because Samp is more difficult opponent than BATE

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it's a matter of time...De Ceglie will be the #1 LB very soon...all he should do is keep his head down and keep working hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)