[Champions League] Artmedia Bratislava v Juventus (August 26th, 2008) (2 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Poulsen was bad IMO, he tried hard but he was inefficient, Zanetti is def better than him and Sissoko is classes ahead of him, even Marchisio can easily grow more important than Poulsen, i cant see how any one can say he is better than Flamini
just because a defensive midfielder does not happen to shine or play remarkable does not mean he did a bad job. his long passes were not that sharp, thats right, but he was never supposed to play the passes marchisio played because that is the reason Ranieri played them together ... so they can make up for the other ones weaknesses ... where marchisio has a great fast pass, he obviously lacks in the power and defensive roughness that poulsen brings

Iaquinta lost his touch, he can do better than that, but if he keeps going like that his playing time will be much limited, the competition in our forward line is "inhuman"
i think you are being to rude with him, iaquinta can shine when he can bring his speed into the game ... when we play the whole game in their half it is obvious that there is not enough space for him to sprint in the hole between defense and goal so his best skill (pace) is/was useless here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You can't read much into the game, because we were always just going to do the minimum necessary to go through.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You can't read much into the game.
You can do it if you're desperately trying to find something to criticize the board and the new players they bought.

Such a shame Amauri didn't play a bad game. The post about Amauri being a flop and someone who played for bad teams and can not play for Juve at this age was prepared before the game but now it will have to wait for some better times.

Jan 7, 2004
You can do it if you're desperately trying to find something to criticize the board and the new players they bought.

Such a shame Amauri didn't play a bad game. The post about Amauri being a flop and someone who played for bad teams and can not play for Juve at this age was prepared before the game but now it will have to wait for some better times.
i am going to quote you

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Marchisio was frikin fantastic for a first touch, he is all that Tiago should have been and exactly the type of player we should have bought, just like i said, Alonso to lead and Marchisio to follow, two CMs to radically change the face of our team... I never doubted Marchisio and i will never forget his appearances i serie B, no matter how good and important he will grow to be this year...
I :heart: Marchisio. I wanted to get a jersey of his back in B a couple seasons ago, but custom ones were hard to find. :(

The game was pretty less than average, but that was expected. I'll just jump to ratings.
**NOTE: Ratings are adjusted due to the games previous result and player's pre-season status.

Buffon: Couldn't do anything in the first goal, performed a "Buffon Trademark Save". 7
Grygera: Ran alot, terrible crosses and shares a responsibility in Artmedia's goal. 5.5
Legrotegllie: No major mistakes. 6
Melberg: Other than sharing the responsibility with Grygera in the first goal, nothing much otherwise. 6
Molinaro: Same as always, but in this game he couldn't be bothered to go forward enough nor to cross. But these could be orders from Ranieri. But he did loose his man few times which could have been dangerous 6
Camoranesi: Good inflitrations, good crosses and decent creativity. 6.5
Marchisio: Just came back from injury. First time to feature a full game for Juve's seniors in a long time. Was solid. Never lost his mark and was everywhere. Gave some decent passes to Iaquinta which he did not make use of. Our MOM 7.5
Poulsen: One this I admired about him tonight is his availability to to receive the ball and releive his team mates when in pressure then turning a play which is under pressure to an easy pass to another player. Looking forward to a good season by him. 6.5
Nedved: Very good performance. He was focused but was unlucky in a couple of occassions. Could've scored a nice goal but went wide. Assisted Amauri in the equalizer. 7.5
Iaquinta: It was obvious that he was not in a good match fitness which is expected never the less he ran alot which was a good fitness for him. If it wasn't for his fitness status he would have been our worse rated player, but taking into consideration that this is his first match after injury I'll give him a 6.
Amauri: Was good today, scored a goal and tried to be involved in all our offenses. 6.5

Subs:
Giovinco: Didn't do much, lack of time and game's situation. N/A
Sissoko: Controlled the whole midfield, especially after Poulsen was getting tired. 6
Ariaudo: N/A
Ranieri: No concerns. Decent formation and good match managments. 6
Also a nice review. Thanks. :tup:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Marchisio didn't impress me at all.....he tried a lot but was somehow lost and looked immature several times.

I enjoyed Amauri's show....he worked well and ran pretty much. Wasn't Iaquinta's day but he ran his ass of and thats what I like about him.

Mauro was the spirit of this team, too bad our attackers ruined his effort in couple of chances.

Grygera should be benched for Zebina.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Marchisio didn't impress me at all.....he tried a lot but was somehow lost and looked immature several times.

I enjoyed Amauri's show....he worked well and ran pretty much. Wasn't Iaquinta's day but he ran his ass of and thats what I like about him.

Mauro was the spirit of this team, too bad our attackers ruined his effort in couple of chances.

Grygera should be benched for Zebina.
Agree with all. :tup:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
You can't read much into the game, because we were always just going to do the minimum necessary to go through.

:tup:

You two are noble creatures.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
My Ratings:

Buffon: 6 - didnt need to do much, but always looked alert

Gygera: 5.5 -Poor marking on the goal, poor crosses when forward

Legro: 6 - didnt look poor but didnt look dominating either

Melberg: 6 - same with Legro

Molinaro: 5.5 - why cant we teach the guy to atleast defend properly? any dangerous attempt from artmedia came from their right(our left)

Nedved: 6.5 - made some effecative runs, also some good through balls and crosses, one which led to an assist. In his older days would have buried the lose ball inside the box.

Marchisio: 6 - contrary to many here, Im not too impressed with marchisio, in central midfield he didnt do brilliantly, he lacks the strength and positioning but he's getting there. Looked more impressive once pushed forward after sissoko came in to fill the middle. glimpses of good passing and good vision were evident.
(really shows a waste of money last summer almiron+tiago didnt turn out better)

Poulsen: 6.5 - one of the better player on the pitch. cleaned up in front of the defence, made himself available to passes, good possesion underpressure and was very consistant. He's no pirlo or not the flair midfielder we were looking for but he is a very good all around midfielder with a passing range better than most think here. He distributed the ball quite well IMO and better passing and possesion than Sissoko.

Camoranese: 6.5 - good movement and passing as usual. the only flair player on the pitch tonight.

Iaquinta: 6 - deserves alittlebit less than a 6, he should have made better use of his chances, coz he did have a few.

Amauri: 7 - Man of the Match in my opinion, and not just for the goal. He was always a menace physically to Artmedia defence, made Iaquinta look weak and thats something. When on the ball he looked good maintaining posession and making some good runs. Came back to retrieve the ball as well. Could've scored another header.

Subs:
Sissoko: 6 - Looked strong and dominant as usual in midfield, quick to the challanges and lose balls, thats his job and he does it well.

Giovinco: 5 - I'll forgive him this game. Really did not show any signs of stardom, I may be harsh but really, of all the times he's touched the ball, he basically loses it everytime whether on the dribble or a pass. And he couldn't manage to make a simple through ball to Amauri when he was free.
But in all fairness, Gio looked very burdened, he knew everybody expected the moon from him and he tried to deliver that every time he touch the ball. Just forced himself too much. Looking forward to his next game.

Arioudo: 6 - Impressed me during his short outing. He looked comfortable and confident (which is really needed in CB). Quick to challange and win balls. He impressed me more than Criscito when he was still here. More body work needed though.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Its good to be back!!!

Somebody mentioned Grygera being just as bad as Molinaro but not getting the mentioning and I fully agree. His positioning usually sucks and he's always scared of coming toward a player attacking him and stands his ground in this wierd crouching burgular like stance. People dont realise how many goals this dude has cost us...and even the Czech. Nihats 2nd decisive goal against Turkey happened with him poorly positioned (almost identical poor positioning that allowed Julio Cruz to score us in Turin in the 1-1 game last season). I mean, this guy is making me crave Zebina to return. He sometimes plays like Molinaro but without the speed which can only be bad. I hope he turns the poor form corner

I also agree that many folks dont realise how good the level of Poulsens passing range is. He might not be a Pirlo or Veron but he is definately a very good distributor

So from what I'm reading, is our midfield pecking order like:
-Poulsen
-Sissoko
-Zanetti
-Marchisio
-Ekdal

not too shabby

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
just because a defensive midfielder does not happen to shine or play remarkable does not mean he did a bad job. his long passes were not that sharp, thats right, but he was never supposed to play the passes marchisio played because that is the reason Ranieri played them together ... so they can make up for the other ones weaknesses ... where marchisio has a great fast pass, he obviously lacks in the power and defensive roughness that poulsen brings
I am certainly not comparing the DM to a CM work, but IMO Poulsen wasnt good, as Poulsen was at his previous games i saw him. He wasnt as efficient as before, i have seen better games from him with this jersey.
Among with Sissoko he seems more dominant, yesterday all the hard DM was up to him, it was a normal thing to concentrate there and have less and less offensive attempts, but despite staying close to our defense and covering a lot of spaces, he wasnt as efficient, defensively as Sissoko and Zanetti average are.
He was marking the man who made the cross at the goal we conceded, although it was at Molinaro's territory, you can see a moment of hesitation when he started to run towards him, that moment was repeated many other times within the game. I am not sure if Poulsen is not perfectly aware/sure of his position/role in the field yet, or he was a bit unfocused due to the unsignificant character of the game.
With a few words, he wasnt bad, but he can surely do much better than that, i ve seen him doing better than that, but at the beginning of the game he had a few adaptation issues with the new role given b the coach (support a CM and do Sissoko's work)
I believe that, an exp player like Zanetti and a beast like Sissoko need no adaptation time, same goes for a world class player, like Flamini, Poulsen is a useful tool, if used under some certain conditions and given the proper time, but he is not anything special.

i think you are being to rude with him, iaquinta can shine when he can bring his speed into the game ... when we play the whole game in their half it is obvious that there is not enough space for him to sprint in the hole between defense and goal so his best skill (pace) is/was useless here.
Of course Iaquinta can do better than that, i believe that
and thats exactly why i was harsh on him.
Not only because he was inefficient and ruined most of the chances he had,
but also because he tried less than usual. When Iaquinta gets no service, he use to fall back and make his own way ahead, creating chances by his own,
with Neddy, Camo and Marchisio providing support, i really expected more from Iaquinta.
Its a very good observation, the one you mentioned, about his pace and open spaces, thats def a reason he couldnt shine, but i also believe he was unfocused and couldnt deliver not even the easy things, a small dribble here, an accurate pass there, an occasional shoot on target, a header maybe.
Other than his pace, Iaquinta has a few more skills as a forward and i didnt see him using any of them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)