[Champions League] Artmedia Bratislava v Juventus (August 26th, 2008) (8 Viewers)

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I watched only the last 15 minutes of the match and i assume the game was played in the same manner ever since we equalised.
I must say i'm disappointed. I know that we didn't want to risk injuries and we wanted to save ourselves for serie A. That's ok and understandable.
But it wouldn't hurt us if we pushed harder for some 15-20 minutes and go for a goal.

I'm saying this because we lost way too many UEFA points due to Calciopoli and that's why we're placed so low in UEFA standings.
Win in these qualifiers brings 1 point while a draw brings 0.5 pts. It's not much, i know, but if before this season started we had 0.5 pts more than we do now we would have been placed higher than Schalke and we wouldn't depend on Atletico now. That's how important the decimals can be.

So, how was the match until minute 75 ?
Boring.
Those points... are they going to decide if we're in pot 2 or 3 ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I watched only the last 15 minutes of the match and i assume the game was played in the same manner ever since we equalised.
I must say i'm disappointed. I know that we didn't want to risk injuries and we wanted to save ourselves for serie A. That's ok and understandable.
But it wouldn't hurt us if we pushed harder for some 15-20 minutes and go for a goal.

I'm saying this because we lost way too many UEFA points due to Calciopoli and that's why we're placed so low in UEFA standings.
Win in these qualifiers brings 1 point while a draw brings 0.5 pts. It's not much, i know, but if before this season started we had 0.5 pts more than we do now we would have been placed higher than Schalke and we wouldn't depend on Atletico now. That's how important the decimals can be.

So, how was the match until minute 75 ?
damn didnt realise that, i thought athletico were higher than us as well. Do we need athletico to go through to be in pot 2?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
the squad did what ranieri asked them to ...

before the game he said "we must play as if the score was 0:0" ...
so with a 0:0 at home a 1:1 away is enough to go through

btw marchisio did really good linking up with the attack

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Boring.
Those points... are they going to decide if we're in pot 2 or 3 ?
No, not for this year. The points gained in the last 5 seasons, prior to this season decide where will the teams be placed (in which pot) this season.
But these points will count from next year on and maybe next year we'll again find ourselves in position where 0.5 pts will decide where we'll be placed.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
solid, if uninspiring performance by Juve...the Artmedia goal (great finish!) came as a rude shock and woke up Juve for a while, great to see Amauri get his 1st proper goal for Juve, start of greater things to come...Nedved and Camo, as always, gave excellent performances...Iaquinta was very poor today whilst Amauri tried hard but never got many look-ins...defence was largely untroubled, Legro controlled the line very well although the Juve defence looks really shaky when an opposing attacker tries to dribble past them...MOTM would have to beither Nedved or Marchisio, both looked great especially Marchisio, who I believe has the attributes and qualities to become a very effective CMF for Juve...played reall, really well....and of couse Giovinco, who looked very lively...all in all, Juventus back to where she belongs....Champions League pretenders, get ready to be Juve-nated!

:juventus:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Pavel Nedved made his comeback after missing the first leg through suspension, but was furious when substituted in the second half and violently kicked the bench.

“Nedved wasn't happy with the substitution, but I have to think ahead to Florence. It's only natural he always wants to play!”
did anyone see that ?

nedved was on fire ... even when he left the pitch ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)