Champions League 2022-23 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd still take Zaniolo.

Rusty Doris has been balling for Nipples, but look at how they play and how many goals they score. His numbers here would be vastly inferior - anyway, that ship has sailed.
Just admit you suck at rating “jabronis”. You called Chiesa the next Bernadeschi. You and Andy had a months long meltdown about signing Barzagli. Etc etc

I like Zaniolo too.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Just admit you suck at rating “jabronis”. You called Chiesa the next Bernadeschi. You and Andy had a months long meltdown about signing Barzagli. Etc etc

I like Zaniolo too.
Well, I can't get them all right :D

I don't think Rusty is a Jabroni - I don't recall labeling him a bonafide one at least. He'd be a solid bench option, but not for 40 million. He's not a generational talent.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well, if Benfica and PSG draw again next week, we need to win our last 2 games, lol. Otherwise, we need 4 points in our last 2 games, and the win needs to come against the team we need to beat in a H2H (whoever loses next)

That's obviously assuming we do what we need to do against Maccabi next week.
They have 7 points now.
PSG will surely qualify which means we have to look at Benfica.
Benfica are doing well at the moment so if they continue to do well they get another 4 points from PSG and Maccabi it puts them at 11 points.
We have 3 points which means we need to win all 3 games - Maccabi - We should beat them
Benfica - We have to beat them away which will be tough.
PSG - We can beat them at home but again its going to be tough.

If Benfica gets 3 points of the remaining games: Benfica 10 points
We need to beat Benfica and Maccabi and at least draw against PSG at home - Tough one but way more doable.
Benfica away is the game that will decide our qualifying status. That is unless they somehow get a point away against PSG.

If we play like we have - We will beat Haifa but Im not sure about beating Benfica away. Is Pogba expected to be back until then or is he still out for this one?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
One thing in our favour is that mentally we need to win at Benfica and can't do our usual nonsense of playing for a draw away in Europe.

On the other hand Benfica will be happy with a draw which can affect teams.

Who knows how it will play out, I'm not confident we are good enough to win there given both team's form.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Top 4 teams so far in this season's competition:

1.) City
2.) Bayern
3.) Napoli
4.) Real Madrid

If those four teams maintain their respective forms and avoid facing each other until the semis, we could have some really interesting match-ups.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Ventrone last interview to Gazzetta:"I have three rules. One: avoid injuries in training. Two: limitate the number of muscle injuries during games. Three: grand a high-level athletic performance. Pre-season preparations changed in 2005 with the studies of professor Di Prampero on metabolic power, GPS and other parameters. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)