Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
How do you guys think Serie A will rival with EPL money in the long term? Our league has been lurking in the shadows since calciopoli. The moment we don't finish first in the league we won't sustain all our investment. Even now our wage bill takes nearly all our revenue and its not normal.

Check out the next deal EPL will get and it won't be funny for long.

Get on with the time and evolve. If we want to be on par and compete thats the next step. Our league has dragged us down for too long.
Ive been hearing 'how will poor Serie A clubs compete with their english counterparts' at least several times per season, over the last 10 years. And they did just fine in that period, Juve in particular. If money was the only prerequisite, City and United would have been playing finals every season, yet we outperformed those clubs every year.

Winning Serie A doesnt mean much financially, but missing out on CL would be an issue for us. As long as we qualify every season, we will be fine. Our wage bill is a result of some terrible deals over the past few seasons, but we have been improving in this respect, reducing average salary and more importantly average age of our squad. You are right that the league has been dragging us down, collective sale of broadcasting rights is knocking money right out of our pockets and we need to find some compromise and not run away.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
bro, you acting like we’re Juve shareholders. I couldn’t care less how much money Juve makes from TV rights, I want entertaining footie and imo it’s better if the leagues stay the way they are. The relegation/promotion part is what I think Europe does better than American sports.
You fell for the wrong sport and for the wrong club within the wrong sport then

In football your finances are influencing your success directly, it's not a sport with salary cap and draft communism

JJ stands for winning no mattter what, which means every JJ fan should be caring about club finances A LOT

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You fell for the wrong sport and for the wrong club within the wrong sport then

In football your finances are influencing your success directly, it's not a sport with salary cap and draft communism

JJ stands for winning no mattter what, which means every JJ fan should be caring about club finances A LOT
that’s a pretty far fetched conclusion. When I became a Juve fan I was a kid who liked Del Piero and had no clue about finances.

I’m not a Juve employee, I’m a footie fan who happens to root for one team more than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this new league is setting up for a communist style league with salary caps and drafts

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
that’s a pretty far fetched conclusion. When I became a Juve fan I was a kid who liked Del Piero and had no clue about finances.

I’m not a Juve employee, I’m a footie fan who happens to root for one team more than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this new league is setting up for a communist style league with salary caps and drafts
Your motives as a kid may be pure but now you better be praying for shekels flying our way if you ever want us to win something international

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Why would that change with a new tournament? :snoop:

Just kidding

Like @Vlad said it would completely ruin the magic things you have about the biggest games because they would happen all the time
I was half serious about the luck thing; the main benefit would obviously be the extra money. EPL is getting too ahead, too out of hand to the point of unfairness toward other historic big clubs who have millions of fans worldwide but earn less than freakin Leicester or some shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve vs Barca, Bayern, or Real are great games. Because these teams encounter each other once/tvice per year and everything that leads up to those matches increases anticipation. These teams playing against each other week in week out would quickly lose its novelty and it would become just another usual game. National leagues would get destroyed and fans would ultimately get bored. I also like our local rivalries, vs Torino, derby d'Italia vs Inter, matches vs Napoli, Milan, Roman teams, Fiorentina, etc... We would have lost most of that experience. At the basis of everything is money, clubs are getting greedy and looking short term.

- - - Updated - - -

You think Juve would win Super League?
Who said they'd be playing week in week out? It would be 2 times. We play domestic rivals 2 times too, doesnt get boring, does it?

PS I think there will be relegation in the ESL, if not from the beggining but eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

bro, you acting like we’re Juve shareholders. I couldn’t care less how much money Juve makes from TV rights, I want entertaining footie and imo it’s better if the leagues stay the way they are. The relegation/promotion part is what I think Europe does better than American sports.
We're not shareholder but we are stakeholders. We're invested emotionally and are interested in Juve's success which strongly depends on its finances.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve vs Barca, Bayern, or Real are great games. Because these teams encounter each other once/tvice per year and everything that leads up to those matches increases anticipation. These teams playing against each other week in week out would quickly lose its novelty and it would become just another usual game. National leagues would get destroyed and fans would ultimately get bored. I also like our local rivalries, vs Torino, derby d'Italia vs Inter, matches vs Napoli, Milan, Roman teams, Fiorentina, etc... We would have lost most of that experience. At the basis of everything is money, clubs are getting greedy and looking short term.

- - - Updated - - -

You think Juve would win Super League?
We would benefit the most from the reformat IMO; we have the most negative baggage in CL. It's a bit superstitious but it matters in sport, whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What are you on about? Super league would essentially be about playing every week against top team from another country.

- - - Updated - - -

Im also interested in trophies and I wonder how enertaining it would feel, when your club, that use to dominate national competitions, finish mid table, regardless if its Bayern, Real, Juve, etc, their fans are use to winning every season.

- - - Updated - - -

We would benefit the most :lol: Decade without trophies :baus: The odds would be stacked against us.

- - - Updated - - -

And whats the obsession with EPL clubs? Besides Liverpool, their clubs have been pretty shitty in CL.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What are you on about? Super league would essentially be about playing every week against top team from another country.

- - - Updated - - -

Im also interested in trophies and I wonder how enertaining it would feel, when your club, that use to dominate national competitions, finish mid table, regardless if its Bayern, Real, Juve, etc, their fans are use to winning every season.

- - - Updated - - -

We would benefit the most :lol: Decade without trophies :baus: The odds would be stacked against us.

- - - Updated - - -

And whats the obsession with EPL clubs? Besides Liverpool, their clubs have been pretty shitty in CL.
Dude, domestic leagues will continue.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
scirea instead of robby carlos, move maldini to lb, r9 instead of pelé, and i'm in

it would still concede 5 though lol
Thats what sucks about these lineups, they create space for all those forwards and attacking / technical midd and it becomes unbalanced and childish. I could make a lineup with WC guys that didnt make the cut, insert a great midfield with the likes of prime Makelele and Vidal and they'd tear those teams to pieces, which makes that all team ridiculous

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I would be outraged if I was a fan of a smaller club. And now I still don't fancy this at all, football is losing it's identity very fast.

And big clubs like Ajax, Porto and the likes can't even play in it because they're from smaller nations.
It also pisses on clubs like Atalanta who have built a good project and really pushed hard to get into the top 4. Unless the prize money in domestic competitions drastically increase, clubs will have little incentive to push for those top places once they are out of the running for the title. There won't be fairy tale runs anymore and that'd be a shame.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I fucking despise the concept of the super league. The fact that your local pub team could qualify for the CL it if they just played well enough is what makes the concept amazing, and it has brought some amazing fairytale stories like Atalanta, Ajax, Porto, Apoel, Ludogorets etc. in recent years. The fact that a clash like Barcelona vs Juventus happens only every couple of years makes the night even more special. A super league creates monopolies for the larger teams and makes it literally impossible for smaller teams to join in on the profits. You are essentially creating a system where a hand picked few get all the money, all the best players and all the spotlight now matter how bad they play. This is exactly what out-of-touch billionaires like Agnelli want and we shouldn't give them an inch.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It also pisses on clubs like Atalanta who have built a good project and really pushed hard to get into the top 4. Unless the prize money in domestic competitions drastically increase, clubs will have little incentive to push for those top places once they are out of the running for the title. There won't be fairy tale runs anymore and that'd be a shame.
This is a good point.

A question one really needs to ask themselves is this, which is my priority: Juventus or general football.

Mine is absolutely Juve but I also think the ESL should definitely have relegation and promotion (at least 1 club per season).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I love the idea of a super league. Let it be closed like the NFL and introduce a draft for players from the insignificant teams like Atalanta and Shakhtar so that they can make it to the super league where the elite plays. Let's do this faster than expected.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I fucking despise the concept of the super league. The fact that your local pub team could qualify for the CL it if they just played well enough is what makes the concept amazing, and it has brought some amazing fairytale stories like Atalanta, Ajax, Porto, Apoel, Ludogorets etc. in recent years. The fact that a clash like Barcelona vs Juventus happens only every couple of years makes the night even more special. A super league creates monopolies for the larger teams and makes it literally impossible for smaller teams to join in on the profits. You are essentially creating a system where a hand picked few get all the money, all the best players and all the spotlight now matter how bad they play. This is exactly what out-of-touch billionaires like Agnelli want and we shouldn't give them an inch.
:heart:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah let's sacrifice billions in revenue just to have an Atalanta case fairy tale once in 30-40 years.

Grow the fuck up guys.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a matter of time when this Super League is introduced.
2024-25 most likely

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah let's sacrifice billions in revenue just to have an Atalanta case fairy tale once in 30-40 years.

Grow the fuck up guys.

- - - Updated - - -

2024-25 most likely
Lol, let me know when some of those $$$ land in your account. Sacrificing billions :lol2:

If you are okay watching only the elite teams, that's your call. I still love the romance of football, the reason I started watching the sport. The Champions League is interesting to me because a Turkish team in a potato field can fuck us over. If it's us vs Real, Barca, Bayern over and over again, year after year, that doesn't excite me at all.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Lol, let me know when some of those $$$ land in your account. Sacrificing billions :lol2:

If you are okay watching only the elite teams, that's your call. I still love the romance of football, the reason I started watching the sport. The Champions League is interesting to me because a Turkish team in a potato field can fuck us over. If it's us vs Real, Barca, Bayern over and over again, year after year, that doesn't excite me at all.
I'll let you know when we dont have to suffer through another nightmare a la Calciopoli just because our "romantic" domestic rivals hate us.

I only care about Juve. I dont give a shit about other clubs.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's inevitable. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Professional Sports lost the magic a while back - it's just a bunch of avaricious moneybags Jews and greedy business cunts seeing dollar signs at every turn.

The spectacle and level of entertainment hasn't really improved over the years, but the influence of TV and media, atmosphere, and other intangibles has created an illusion that the quality of the sport has improved. I still think the Juve of Davids, Zidane and Del Piero is better than any Juventus since.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
I'll let you know when we dont have to suffer through another nightmare a la Calciopoli just because our "romantic" domestic rivals hate us.

I only care about Juve. I dont give a shit about other clubs.
Erm, we'll still play in that league. On top of that, that exact domestic rival you hate will also make the billions you talk about because we'll have to take them along for the Super League ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)