Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Noia over Kahn INSTANTLY dismissed

French are the most worthless of subhumans
Let's be real now: Neuer has surpassed Kahn in every possible way.

- - - Updated - - -

Who was a better right back than Cafu? Some might argue Djalma Santos, or even Dani Alves. One thing's for sure, it's a Brazilian.

As I said in the Buffon thread, Yashin will eternally be crowned as the greatest keeper as he was the first keeper superstar and invented many of the current keeper techniques.

I imagine the Dutch are not pleased about Cruyff missing. Personally I would have included him instead of Ronaldo Lima, as much as I think he was the best #9 ever.

Others will argue Best, Platini, Di Stefano, Puskas, Eusebio, Baresi, Garrincha, and so on, but it's a ridiculously difficult task to select an all-time XI. I'd have to say I agree with at least 8 of the choices.
R9 is so overrated. A player with an absent club career ffs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Couldn't agree more.

CL wins: Neuer 2, Kahn 1
World Cup: Neuer 1, Kahn 0
Worlds best goalkeeper: Neuer 5, Kahn 3
Uefa Best goalkeeper: Neuer 5, Kahn 4

Kahn has been in top3 of the Ballon d'Or 2 two times (2001 and 2002), but that's the only thing where he's infront of achievements. Neuer was number 3 in 2014.

If we talk longevity is Neuer also clear. Kahn was a beast but it only lasted around 4 years. For Neuer it's a decade now.

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Utter nonsense, Neuer in his prime pales in comparison to late Kahn, let alone ascending or prime Kahn.

Neuer is a top 15 keeper on bis best day who only got famous because of LE BALL PLAYING GK XDDDD (Yashin did this 70 years ago lmao)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Couldn't agree more.

CL wins: Neuer 2, Kahn 1
World Cup: Neuer 1, Kahn 0
Worlds best goalkeeper Neuer 5, Kahn 3
Uefa Best goalkeeper Neuer 5, Kahn 5

Kahn has been in top3 of the Ballon d'Or 2 two times (2001 and 2002), but that's the only thing where he's infront of achievements. Neuer was number 3 in 2014.

If we talk longevity is Neuer also clear. Kahn was a beast but it only lasted around 4 years. For Neuer it's a decade now.
If you want to talk numbers then by your own logic Casillas is GOAT. Makes no sense

- - - Updated - - -

Neuer and Virgin van Dyke are the two most overrated players in history. Everybody rating either of them should drop dead this instant

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
If you want to talk numbers then by your own logic Casillas is GOAT. Makes no sense
Difference is: Neuer has won everything there is to win while being the best player for both Bayern and Germany while doing it - just take the last CL final and UEFA Super Cup as an example. Likewise the 2014 WC and 2013 CL final.

Kahn was the reason Bayern won the 2001 CL final, but else he's not close to Neuer in terms of achievements.

Neuer surpassed him long time ago. Only thing Kahn got on him is the number of games he played for Bayern being 250+ more.

The numbers speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Difference is: Neuer has won everything there is to win while being the best player for both Bayern and Germany while doing it - just take the last CL final and UEFA Super Cup as an example. Likewise the 2014 WC and 2013 CL final.

Kahn was the reason Bayern won the 2001 CL final, but else he's not close to Neuer in terms of achievements.

Neuer surpassed him long time ago. Only thing Kahn got on him is the number of games he played for Bayern being 250+ more.

The numbers speak for themselves.
When you rate GKs you don't compare their achievements/career but how good skill wise they were imo

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Ok he might be GOAT CF, but he doesnt deserve to be in the dream team still. I would sacrifice the CF position for Cruijff.
He turned Kahn inside out in 2002. Cruyff never won the World Cup.

- - - Updated - - -

When you rate GKs you don't compare their achievements/career but how good skill wise they were imo
But that's just what I did? Check the highlights for the 2013 CL final and you'll see Neuer was the reason Bayern didn't concede in the first 20-25 mins, same with the 2014 WC where he was one of the best players through out the tournament.

That was the exact same in the 19-20 CL campaign.

Skill wise is Neuer 10x times the player compared to Kahn, lets be honest there. Kahn was never able to do anything with his feet. Only thing where he's better than Neuer is leadership.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
My dream team would be:

1 Buffon

2 Cafu - 5 Beckenbauer - 3 Maldini - 6 Carlos

14 Cruiff - 21 Zidane - 8 Platini

10 Maradona

9 Pele - 7 Cristiano

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
@Elvin

Disagreed about R9 though. He's one of the GOATS. Holy fuck he was special, the way he took out United in 2003 just for instance is something out of this world.
I haven't seen another player with that combination of skill and athleticism. Unstoppable in his prime. Cristiano has/had the tricks and the goal scoring to go with his athleticism, but goofy Ronaldo had this fantastic technique you normally only see in a second striker or trequartista. And he had tricks as well.

TBH, even without the injury he may have been in his prime in his early 20s anyway. For someone so explosive and muscular I doubt he'd have kept that pace past 26 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)