Champions League 2019/20 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The second part was an aside which was not aimed at you.

I’m sorry but you’re still wrong, Juve having the capability to buy the leagues top players and that club wanting to sell them is totally the difference between Juve in Serie A an Bayern in the BuLi.

It’s so plainly obvious I don’t even feel the need to go into examples.

I think the Higuain and Pjanic and Bernandeschi transfers and recently Kuluveski are proof that we can buy competitor's top players. If we can get Ronaldo and De Ligt we can get the Tonalis. When we wanted to buy top or emerging players from direct rivals we got them. We have a lot of clout in the market today.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I think the Higuain and Pjanic and Bernandeschi transfers and recently Kuluveski are proof that we can buy competitor's top players. If we can get Ronaldo and De Ligt we can get the Tonalis. When we wanted to buy top or emerging players from direct rivals we got them. We have a lot of clout in the market today.
The problem is Serie A rivals are reluctant to sell to us unless we pay their release clause.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The problem is Serie A rivals are reluctant to sell to us unless we pay their release clause.
Did we pay the release clause for all 3 of Higuain, Pjanic and Berna? I honestly dont remember the details I think only Higuain was via release clause or super expensive. And Bayern's purchase of Lewandowski and Gotze was against Dortmund's wishes if my memory serves right.

My impression is that Bayern does better in targeting the right players from Bundesliga and their league seems to have better talent in general. Higuain was a good purchase but short-sighted due to his age, Pjanic was a good purchase 100% while Berna is meh but is still young.

What I find most impressive about Bayern is how they replaced Robben and Ribery. Between Leroy Sane, Gnabry, Koman and Davies they have 4 young and extremely promising wingers (and possibly Coutinho too). Now they have to start thinking of replacing Lewandoski (Halaand?).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Did we pay the release clause for all 3 of Higuain, Pjanic and Berna? I honestly dont remember the details I think only Higuain was via release clause or super expensive. And Bayern's purchase of Lewandowski and Gotze was against Dortmund's wishes if my memory serves right.

My impression is that Bayern does better in targeting the right players from Bundesliga and their league seems to have better talent in general. Higuain was a good purchase but short-sighted due to his age, Pjanic was a good purchase 100% while Berna is meh but is still young.

What I find most impressive about Bayern is how they replaced Robben and Ribery. Between Leroy Sane, Gnabry, Koman and Davies they have 4 young and extremely promising wingers (and possibly Coutinho too). Now they have to start thinking of replacing Lewandoski (Halaand?).
Higuain and Pjanic yes. Gotze was without a clause and Lewa was free.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Higuain and Pjanic yes. Gotze was without a clause and Lewa was free.
Nope. Götze had a €37M release clause. They triggered it just before their game against BVB in the final.

They signed Lewa on a free because Dortmund refused to sell to them.

Bayern have had their fair share of cases too where rival clubs refused to sell to them, just not to the extent of Juventus.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nope. Götze had a €37M release clause. They triggered it just before their game against BVB in the final.

They signed Lewa on a free because Dortmund refused to sell to them.

Bayern have had their fair share of cases too where rival clubs refused to sell to them, just not to the extent of Juventus.
Yeah sorry, misremembered that.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Yeah I get that, but to the extent that the original statement was made we’d actually be buying THE best players in the league. Like Bayern routinely do, and that’s where it was wrong. We’d have had K2, Icardi, SMS etc over the last few years.

Again if we had that same clout then why aren’t we plucking Zaniolo? Especially when it comes to home based talent. Do you think Bayern would just sit there and let a German equivalent pass by? Not a chance. Just take a look through history and the fact that they TOOK Matthäus from Gladbach and Ballack from Leverkusen. Even if he’s not at that level yet, okay then- Goretzka.

Sometimes, Bayern even forego the need for such players; they simply suck the ability to fight from their domestic competitors. (Merits of that are debatable but it certainly doesn’t hamper their European performance)

Juve clearly don’t do that, and given the barbed attitude of Italian clubs towards Juve, we can’t do that. Would Inter bend over to be pillaged as routinely as BVB (historically BuLi’s second best club) do? I think not.

Again, the original statement was made with such brashness, (even if the poster toned down that with each reply): if it was 2020 we’d have a first dibs on Marquinhos. It’s simply not true in the way it is for Bayern because of Zaniolo, ad infinitum.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
One lesson to be learned from Bayern's dominance, other than having a great bench, is having offensively threatening full backs is essential to make your central threat unpredictable.

The amount of contribution Davies and Kimmich gave was huge.
and that's one of the reasons why i hate the cancelo - danilo swap. cancelo was surely a retard, but at least he offered something going forward. danilo is pure mediocrity and wouldn't start for any of the top teams. i get the need for plusvalenza, but these downgrades are so unnecessary. much, much better scouting and recruitment strategy is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)