Champions League 2019/20 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Mandzu over Bentancur then? Don't know how many midfielders we have and if we're too short there though
We have to see Sarri's rotations but I have a feeling he might favour only Bentancur as vice-Pjanic even though you would think it could be Rabiot.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Perhaps we plan to sell them in January and this way we're making them available for a CL team for the knockouts. At least for Mandzukic this could be the case.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Perhaps we plan to sell them in January and this way we're making them available for a CL team for the knockouts. At least for Mandzukic this could be the case.
This rule has been changed. Same player can now play for two teams in CL/EL in a single season.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes, true, that’s probably why he is on there. However Caudrado is quite one dimensional and I think Can could do the same (or better job) at RB and RM.
What, how is a limited DM gonna be better winger then an actual winger? And Can has less experience as a fullback, Cuadrado started out his career as an RB.

I'm very much glad they didnt exclude Cuadrado. Only feel sorry for Mandzukic. Has been heavy rotation or starter for few years, then go to being cut, because the club couldn't plan to fullfill the CL requirements.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't think of a more poetic way to knock us out that is if we make it this far.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I hope we re-introduce Mandzukic as we dont have many options in attack and we will need him as an option in the latter stages...
Can - Lets hope we sell him - We really dont need him...

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
:howler:

I was wondering though: do other teams have to cut established players as well? Or is it really just Juve?
Most teams don't have the depth we have. Look at Barca, look at Bayern, look at Liverpool. The step down from their starting 11 plus 2-3 subs down to the rest of their bench isn't at our level.

That being said, we have a massive amount of decently good players who clog our whole roster. On a 23 man roster for Bayern or Barca, the last 3-4 dudes are younger players. The last 2-3 dudes on our squad are guys making 2-3m wages.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Most teams don't have the depth we have. Look at Barca, look at Bayern, look at Liverpool. The step down from their starting 11 plus 2-3 subs down to the rest of their bench isn't at our level.

That being said, we have a massive amount of decently good players who clog our whole roster. On a 23 man roster for Bayern or Barca, the last 3-4 dudes are younger players. The last 2-3 dudes on our squad are guys making 2-3m wages.
And yet Liverpool won the Champions League, and have been to two finals in a row.

Perhaps the word you’re looking for is ‘bloat’ and not depth.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
And yet Liverpool won the Champions League, and have been to two finals in a row.

Perhaps the word you’re looking for is ‘bloat’ and not depth.
Oh, I totally agree. They forgo the bloat because instead of paying 23 players 2-5m wages, they pay 3-4 players 10m wages. Something we should be focusing on.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
One injury to a liverpool front 3 and they are fucked, Origi is garbage regardless of the goals he scored
The Goals should be City, there reserve squad could come second in Serie A, fair enough they have failed in the CL but thats down to the bald fraud, sadly not many teams have the financial ability to do what City does in regards to depth

OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #558
    One injury to a liverpool front 3 and they are fucked, Origi is garbage regardless of the goals he scored
    The Goals should be City, there reserve squad could come second in Serie A, fair enough they have failed in the CL but thats down to the bald fraud, sadly not many teams have the financial ability to do what City does in regards to depth
    They played without 2 of them in that 4-0 win against Barca. I that's getting fucked I hope we get fucked pretty hard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)