Champions League 2019/20 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Really? Based on what? You know there's another Mercato in January. There are also other factors to consider, such as luck, fitness, injuries, etc...

It's quite presumptuous to say we are expected to reach the Semis now, when we're not even in September and haven't even kicked a ball yet.
We have appointed Sarri who has recently won the Europa League and is different from Allegri you can surely expect us doing something special

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If there was a team like a Chelsea, sure. But Barca and Dortmund have a lot more attacking quality and Conte’s teams are not great against that type of pressure. Just my opinion.
Conte knows how to set up a defense. He had amazing records in Europe when he had the BBC. They have a really good defense so again, I won't count them out.

Mar 3, 2014
Conte knows how to set up a defense. He had amazing records in Europe when he had the BBC. They have a really good defense so again, I won't count them out.
Honestly their qualification could be driver by whether Barcelona signs Neymar. But I agree with you - Conte's teams are solid from front to back and play with high intensity. I personally think Inter vs. Dortmund is 50/50. And Inter could squeeze one past Barcelona - although that wouldn't be my bet.

- - - Updated - - -

The Europa League is not the CL. Unai Emery won the EL multiple times with Sevilla and sucked donkey dick with PSG in the CL.
Sarri's UCL record is mixed too. They had an awesome team and were eliminated by Shaktar IIRC. But I do think the probability is very low we don't get past the group - we should finish 1st. Atletico is also weaker this year.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Absolutely not.
We got a tough draw but it could've been worse.
Atletico/Real/Dortmund, Lyon, Galatasaray for example.
We got atletico
I rate leverkusen more than Lyon. Plus we didn't have much problems with them recently
Lokomotiv, as i said, round 6 in Moscow winter with orange ball seems as bad as it gets

So yeah, for my taste this is +/- as bad as it gets

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
For those who missed the draw

Group A: PSG, Real Madrid, Club Brugge, Galatasaray
Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Red Star Belgrade
Group C: Manchester City, Shakhtar, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta
Group D: Juventus, Atletico, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, Salzburg, Genk
Group F: Barcelona, Dortmund, Inter, Slavia Prague
Group G: Zenit, Benfica, Lyon, RB Leipzig
Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Really? Based on what? You know there's another Mercato in January. There are also other factors to consider, such as luck, fitness, injuries, etc...

It's quite presumptuous to say we are expected to reach the Semis now, when we're not even in September and haven't even kicked a ball yet.
It is a bit yes

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously juventus
CL or group?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Tough draw with teams from top leagues and a tricky trip to Moscow.

Only consolation is that German sides outside Bayern and Schalke usually do worse than you expect them to.

I think Inter and Napoli will go through. Atalanta have a chance too if they keep their form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)