Champions League 2019/20 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd prefer Italian teams to get further. It's better for the league and our top line in the long run. That is literally one of the key factors that sunk Serie A in 2006 - teams (Inter) were more concerned about sabotaging league opponents and it set the league back a decade, and put Serie A in a position where it couldn't compete for quite some time - other factors also contributed - Ronaldo/Messi la liga duopoly, German golden generation, Italian shit generation, economic difficulties in Europe, and the rise of the EPL + oil teams... But Serie A's self sabotage really hurt it a lot. Nothing would make me more happy than all Serie A teams going far because that makes tv revenue higher, sponsorship higher etc.
@Bianconero_Aus

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #362
    I'd prefer Italian teams to get further. It's better for the league and our top line in the long run. That is literally one of the key factors that sunk Serie A in 2006 - teams (Inter) were more concerned about sabotaging league opponents and it set the league back a decade, and put Serie A in a position where it couldn't compete for quite some time - other factors also contributed - Ronaldo/Messi la liga duopoly, German golden generation, Italian shit generation, economic difficulties in Europe, and the rise of the EPL + oil teams... But Serie A's self sabotage really hurt it a lot. Nothing would make me more happy than all Serie A teams going far because that makes tv revenue higher, sponsorship higher etc.
    Yeah I know all that but this is merda.

- - - Updated - - -

When will we know the dates and games?
    in 3 hours

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Meh. Leverkusen and Moscow away could be tricky, especially if we deploy cruise control mode and don't pull our heads out of our asses. I think Atletico might actually win the group, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, as long as we avoid Liverpool, Barca, and City in the ROู16.
    Atletico can win the group but I dont know why you all downplaying our team so much..
    Juventus Barcelona and Liverpool are 3 teams that are expected to go to the semis if they dont meet each other..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Atletico can win the group but I dont know why you all downplaying our team so much..
    Juventus Barcelona and Liverpool are 3 teams that are expected to go to the semis if they dont meet each other..
    Really? Based on what? You know there's another Mercato in January. There are also other factors to consider, such as luck, fitness, injuries, etc...

It's quite presumptuous to say we are expected to reach the Semis now, when we're not even in September and haven't even kicked a ball yet.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    There’s no way Inter makes it past the group stage. They have Conte as a coach and are going up against Barca and Dortmund, teams that play fast paced football

Mar 3, 2014
    Meeting merda in a knockout game is too much for me. I can't take that pressure.
    Yeah wouldn't be fun to sit through
    But I can't stand Barcelona/Madrid fans. Seeing Roma own Barcelona brought me a lot of joy. I would get the same joy out of Inter beating them. But wouldn't it be amazing while they're on a complete high to knock em down. Ronaldo siuuu panning to Marotta's face.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    There’s no way Inter makes it past the group stage. They have Conte as a coach and are going up against Barca and Dortmund, teams that play fast paced football
    I think you're wrong.

They have a new coach with a plan, great defense I think they have the motivation to get them to advance. Don't count them out.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I think you're wrong.

They have a new coach with a plan, great defense I think they have the motivation to get them to advance. Don't count them out.
    If there was a team like a Chelsea, sure. But Barca and Dortmund have a lot more attacking quality and Conte’s teams are not great against that type of pressure. Just my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)