Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You needed a two goal win against Olympiakos in the group stages. Down 2-1 Gerrard should’ve been sent off for a nasty tackle. He didn’t and scored the winning goal.

In the knockout stages against us a perfectly fine fine Del Piero goal till 2-2 at Anfield was annulled which baffled most of us Juve fans. You guys went through after 0-0 in Turin. After that game my hate for your team grew. Back then I didn’t hate a team like a hated Liverpool. A lot of people liked your team because of nostalgia - including experts and commentators. You guys played such defensive and destructive football under Benitez, but were never criticized. But as soon as an Italian team played the same way they got the stick.
And? I’m not arguing that we weren’t lucky. Juve could have played a better bit of defense. Our team was terrible at attacking that season. Milan Baros and Harry Kewell? But they didn’t. Same with Olympiacos.

I understand that you were mad because you lost to an inferior team. But my previous point stands, every team runs into luck in the CL. We’ve had our share of bad luck over the years. Sometimes when it mattered and sometimes when it didn’t.

Haha, I hated the football we played under Benitez, until we bought Torres. Then it was beautiful stuff.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Excellent performance from Spurs. :tup:
I'm not sure I want you guys to go through cause you're a worse matchup for Juve than City are, but on their day they are unstoppable.
Shame about Kane, but we're certainly not as solely reliant on him as the media likes to make out. Son might actually be our most important player right now.

Happy with 1-0, we can sit back and play on the break in Manchester. We'll likely get beat, but hoping for a 2-1 or 3-2.

Terrible use of VAR tonight. The systems seen to be getting there, but it's implementation is still inconsistent and sub-par. Spots a handball that no-one in the stadium saw, including Man City players, and was dubious at best. Missed a deliberate elbow in the back of Kane's head by Fernandinho. I believe it wasn't great in Liverpool either?

- - - Updated - - -

Post the fat man again pls. @Dantes

Congrats for today's result.
The fat man was a one-time thing. Back to Duel of the Fates (plus fancy lights, and a cheesy Euro-style tifo).

Last edited:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Shame about Kane, but we're certainly not as solely reliant on him as the media likes to make out. Son might actually be our most important player right now.

Happy with 1-0, we can sit back and play on the break in Manchester. We'll likely get beat, but hoping for a 2-1 or 3-2.

Terrible use of VAR tonight. The systems seen to be getting there, but it's implementation is still inconsistent and sub-par. Spots a handball that no-one in the stadium saw, including Man City players, and was dubious at best. Missed a deliberate elbow in the back of Kane's head by Fernandinho. I believe it wasn't great in Liverpool either?
What, you were lucky Kane injured him again. Since he came back from his injury you fucked up the title chances of EPL.

6e77478a-e694-4053-a2a4-692d1be0d8e7.png

..and yesterday too, once he was off the field the other players came out of their shadow and made a great performance (Son, Eriksen et cetera).

If his season is over you gonna get into the final against Liverpool/Barca, no doubt about that.

May 23, 2013
What, you were lucky Kane injured him again. Since he came back from his injury you fucked up the title chances of EPL.

6e77478a-e694-4053-a2a4-692d1be0d8e7.png

..and yesterday too, once he was off the field the other players came out of their shadow and made a great performance (Son, Eriksen et cetera).

If his season is over you gonna get into the final against Liverpool/Barca, no doubt about that.
lol holy shit, I mentioned this earlier but did't know their form was that bad.....
Son is the real best of this Spuds team....

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
City will go through in second leg.
Unsure about it..
I predicted before the game that the SF will look like this
Juve Tottenham
Barcelona Liverpool
I still think it would be the case!
City are not that great - Their possession play with extra passes is what makes everyone confused - Yeah they are clearly better than Tottenham but it doesnt mean they will go through..
Kane injured will have its toll though.. Tottenham will have to be on their A game defensively as they dont have Kane to duel with Aguero on the scoring sheet now..

P.S Eriksen pass to Son was mind blowing!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

The fat man was a one-time thing. Back to Duel of the Fates (plus fancy lights, and a cheesy Euro-style tifo).

So the city of London had no problems with building that mammoth, but fuckin Rome has to make the club suffer to build a stadium that would be good for the economy. Italian bureaucracy is too much.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So the city of London had no problems with building that mammoth, but fuckin Rome has to make the club suffer to build a stadium that would be good for the economy. Italian bureaucracy is too much.
Tottenham are one of the richest clubs in the world (richer than Juve)
Roma have maybe 30% of Tottenham`s money..

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Tottenham are one of the richest clubs in the world (richer than Juve)
Roma have maybe 30% of Tottenham`s money..
Are you saying Tottenham paid off London's bureaucrats?
Roma's stadium problems are caused because the city of Rome didn't wanna lose rent money they were getting from AS Roma for playing at the Olimpico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)