Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Since Cuadrado is out of the CL list we simply must recover Costa in the next week or two.

Such a player is extremely important for this stage of CL.

Every player in the squad should be included and rotated in our games in the next 4 weeks so that everyone is well rested for total pressing and grinta in CL.
Pressing and grinta in the same sentence with Costa. :disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
How often do the 4 strongest teams make the semi-finals?

On paper there are 4 clear teams you'd expect to make it through but every year there is at least one shock team that makes it to the semi's (look at Roma v Barca last year or Monaco v Man City the year before). We just need to hope it isn't Ajax this year, but I think that Tottenham have the potential to cause a surprise. Even Man Utd seem to have the bizarre luck to squeeze through.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How often do the 4 strongest teams make the semi-finals?

On paper there are 4 clear teams you'd expect to make it through but every year there is at least one shock team that makes it to the semi's (look at Roma v Barca last year or Monaco v Man City the year before). We just need to hope it isn't Ajax this year, but I think that Tottenham have the potential to cause a surprise. Even Man Utd seem to have the bizarre luck to squeeze through.
Looking at how the tournament is going I don't foresee the four people expect in the semis.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Man City's April schedule is not easy:

• 6th April = FA Cup semi-final (@ Wembley, possibly v United)
  • 9th April = Spurs (A)
  • 14th April = Palace (A)
  • 17th April = Spurs (H)
  • 20th April = Spurs (H)
  • 24th April = United (A)
Looking at our schedule and the run of home games in the middle, I've no concerns over fatigue for the City CL games, but do have concerns about a top 4 finish with those away games vs the top 2 either side of the CL. Just hope that Arsenal and Chelsea drop points (which isn't impossible).

• 10th March - 31st March = No Games (21 Days Off, Warm Weather Holiday Training Camp & Internationals)
  • 31st March = Liverpool (Anfield) PL
  • 7th April = Brighton (Nike/Tottenham Stadium) PL
  • 9th April = Man City (Nike/Tottenham Stadium) CL
  • 13th April = Huddersfield (Nike/Tottenham Stadium) PL
  • 17th April = Man City (Etihad) CL
  • 20th April = Man City (Etihad) PL
I think we're going to need a shut-out in the home leg, and look for away goals in the second. This is going to be difficult, but not beyond us. Clearly City are favourites to advance, however.

Might as well rent an apartment complex in Manchester in mid-April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)