Champions League 2017/2018 (5 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:stuckup:

"The European Judo Union has voiced its severe disapproval of the tackle, likening the tackle to the waki-gatame manoeuvre – which is banned in the sport when used in transition from a standing position to the ground, due to its ability to severely injure opponents.

The Union’s official Twitter account posted an image suggesting Ramos used the “forbidden arm-lock technique” to bring down Salah:

Waki-gatame is a dangerous technique. That's why it is not allowed in Judo to use for transition to ne-waza. What do you think about this foul yesterday evening in the #UCLFinal between #RMALIV?"

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
He did it on purpose, it's pretty fucking obvious watching the replay. He probably didn't expect Salah to get his shoulder dislocated but he knew the guy was gonna get hurt.

Given Ramos' career we all know he's a bit dirty, but it won't be the first or last time a defender uses whatever means to compromise and limit an adversary's ability. This was just the norm back 20, 30 years ago. Salah was unlucky there.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

"The European Judo Union has voiced its severe disapproval of the tackle, likening the tackle to the waki-gatame manoeuvre – which is banned in the sport when used in transition from a standing position to the ground, due to its ability to severely injure opponents.

The Union’s official Twitter account posted an image suggesting Ramos used the “forbidden arm-lock technique” to bring down Salah:

Waki-gatame is a dangerous technique. That's why it is not allowed in Judo to use for transition to ne-waza. What do you think about this foul yesterday evening in the #UCLFinal between #RMALIV?"
@DAiDEViL @lgorTudor and all the others that were claiming it was ok

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I didn't even bother watching the game as I just knew the outcome. Real Madrid just seem to have luck on their side in this tournament - I see that Salah got injured - another bit of luck for Real.

In the last few times they have won the tournament, I really don't think they were the best side. They just seem to do enough to win. A bit like how Juve does just enough to win Serie A.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently he tried it on Alves back when he was a Juve player too [video=facebook;10155751722200889]https://www.facebook.com/mohamedsn1/videos/10155751722200889/[/video]

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Apparently he tried it on Alves back when he was a Juve player too [video=facebook;10155751722200889]https://www.facebook.com/mohamedsn1/videos/10155751722200889/[/video]
Like I said, his record didn’t leave any doubt why he made that foul. There’s no way he didn’t know the possibility of causing a very serious injury. It wasn’t Salah’s bad luck, it was Ramos being his disgusting self.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Like I said, his record didn’t leave any doubt why he made that foul. There’s no way he didn’t know the possibility of causing a very serious injury. It wasn’t Salah’s bad luck, it was Ramos being his disgusting self.
We were chatting before the game and me and my friends all agreed Salah would be taken out by Ramos. Everyone knew this would happen. Ramos is sort of lucky because he didn't need a tackle or a foul that looked even worse, but he set out to hurt Salah and the only reason he took him down like that was because he knew there was a chance it would hurt Salah. Real are absolutely ruthless.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
We were chatting before the game and me and my friends all agreed Salah would be taken out by Ramos. Everyone knew this would happen. Ramos is sort of lucky because he didn't need a tackle or a foul that looked even worse, but he set out to hurt Salah and the only reason he took him down like that was because he knew there was a chance it would hurt Salah. Real are absolutely ruthless.
Agree. No chance it was a coincidence and "accident". Ramos is a sly fox.

At the same time I wonder if Liverpool staff did not warn Salah about this. Never lock arms with Ramos, he'll break you. Very tough and possibly the most cynical defender in this era. He's a very, very dangerous player to play against.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Ramos is just doing his job afterall, acting in your teams interest ain't a crime, whereas what's more dangerous and against all interests other than their own is the refs always allowing him to get away with it softly, always, with little to none repercussions.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
He did it on purpose, it's pretty fucking obvious watching the replay. He probably didn't expect Salah to get his shoulder dislocated but he knew the guy was gonna get hurt.

Given Ramos' career we all know he's a bit dirty, but it won't be the first or last time a defender uses whatever means to compromise and limit an adversary's ability. This was just the norm back 20, 30 years ago. Salah was unlucky there.
Yes, but if Benatia got a foul for his tackles, dunno why ramos get away for free.. it's not exactly 1980. He's a sub human scum, Salah might miss a WC, and Egypt need to fought hard just to qualifies for WC

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

that's why I wonder what would happen if the ref had a chance to look at a video replay, because it's pretty obvious that trying to hurt opposition player on purpose is a red card offense, FIFA rules state that clearly. but then again it's the first minutes of CL final, if you give a red, there'll be lots of angry fans and pundits blaming you for ruining the game.

even with VAR I think 90% of the referees would've settled on a yellow and hidden behind "it wasn't violent", just like UEFA is doing now

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@DAiDEViL @lgorTudor and all the others that were claiming it was ok
Executed nicely, indeed. Didn't even get a yellow.

- - - Updated - - -

Alves is grabbing Ramos, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)