Champions League 2017/2018 (10 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Tbf to Klopp he got two inferior sides to final. So this loser tag is a bit much. Are you guys calling Simeone also loser then?

Neither Dortmund or Pool was expected to win it. Meanwhile the so called all time best coach cant even get to final without Messi and Iniesta.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Wtf? In 2017 final, he basically fielded our best possible team. Our players simply got terrified and had cold feet.

In 2015, he was to blame for not taking Pirlo out. We may have won if we had perrieira or lemina in midfield instead of aging pirlo
We lost those finals mentally and yes the coach has a big role to play in that mental approach to finals. Conte sucked at it for ex.

The bold part is just :lol:. These are bench players at relegation clubs mate. Even Pirlo today is a better footballer than they are let alone the mentality and experience.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Against Juve in 2011 for the CL title.

Against Bayern when he turned pussy tactics after a great come back. Against Madrid after he turned pussy tactics in the first leg and at the end of the second leg.

He beats you down by getting thrashed in one leg, orchestrates a great come back by playing contrary to how he always sets the team to play in MOST of the second leg then shoots himself in the foot by defaulting to pussy tactics again that miserably failed in leg 1. Thats every season where he doesnt make the CL final. And ofc 2 CL finals where we get outplayed and the whole dressing room implodes in half time and 2 star players have to be sold off the following summer is him choking.

He competes for the treble because he is managing Juventus. You think we'd lose the league title if we had Klopp?

Allegri wins titles where he is by far the clear favorite with no competitor in sight. The only time he met proper competition in the league he lost it to Conte who was then the underdog. Klopp's titles are when he was an underdog.
Allegri's finals are with Juventus with world class squads and depth. Klopp's finals are with teenagers in the starting 11.
Allegri plays ugly football and scrapes results against the Spurs, & Monacos of the world in snoozefest games. Klopp plays attractive scintillating football that wows neutrals.

But ofc since Allegri is our coach right now then the true fan that you are must always think Allegri is best at everything in the world.

So again I ask.. do you think if Klopp were to coach Juve, PSG or Bayern he'd be losing his local league and cup?
Allegri problems that keep him from being an awesome coach are: 1) he gives a shitty game style which is dreadful 2) he always turn full pussy towards the end of the games and always get fecked up

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I thought we had average players....
There's some extreme logical disconnect when the same people bash Marotta for weakening our team every year, and then bash Allegri for not winning CL titles with that "weakened" team. :shifty:

By the way... in terms of 90 minute knockout matches, Allegri has lost once in 4 years here.

Our team collapsed in finals, and the extra time against Bayern.

In CL knockout knockout matches, he is 11 wins - 6 draws - 1 loss (in 90 minutes)

The last step to greatness is for him to get the team over-performing like that in the one-off style matches and moments.

Aug 2, 2005
i hope Salah injury is not serious.
though; if he could have continued playing with some treatment but opt to go out as a precaution to play WC.. that is bad. but who could blame him??

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We scraped by Monaco in that 4-1 for sure. Same with Barca in the 3-0.

I think I have found a new one for future use.

Underwhelming win, we barely scraped by. :weee:
Play dumb if you like. I was referring to 2014 QFs. 0-0 and 1-0 and the tottenham games as examples that reflect our overall approach and style.

Very different approach than what attacking clubs have. You'd be blind if you dont see the difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)